Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: Artifacts Sketched  (Read 37589 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts Sketched
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2008, 10:24:26 pm »

A puzzle box is a box with a puzzle required to open it.
..I'm serious, too.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Caledonian

• Bay Watcher
  • Occluded Sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2008, 11:02:35 pm »

See:  http://www.cleverwood.com/puzzles_by_type.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemarchand's_box.

Presumably dwarven artifacts do not have the effect of the Lament Configuration.  Although that would certainly be an interesting way to end a fortress...
I am Immortal:  I have inside me blood of kings.
I have no rival:  no man can be my equal.
Take me to the future of your world!

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2008, 01:16:22 am »

Well, it's not quite up to Moogie's standard:

Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:49 am »

Hmm... What I think would be funny is if you also did the engravings. Such as a picture of the engraver. Engraving the engraving.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2008, 11:04:17 pm »

I presume Moogie's got real life stuff to take care of.
But I'm bumping this topic because I don't want to see it die while Moogie's not able to update it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

andrew01292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 18, 2008, 11:08:13 pm »

nice pic, what program is it made in?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2008, 01:57:24 pm »

oooooh I finally got an artifact worth the time put into it.

Nimakrilbet Umamkat(I think that last a is an a, its a tree symbol) "Quillmarket the untamed scale" A hematite crown.

worth 46800

This is a hematite crown. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with green zircon and decorated with tower cap. This object menaces with spikes of hematite, alunite, and tower cap.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2008, 06:28:36 pm »

A turtle shell mask, encircled with bands of turtle shell and decorated with spikes of turtle shell. On the mask is an image of a Dwarf. The dwarf is withering away.

I'd like to apologise for the heavy use of filters and other Photoshop trickery in this one, but I desperately wanted to get something done. I think it turned out okay. I hope it was worth the wait. :) Also, I know the picture is supposed to be done 'in turtle shell', but that would have been kind of hard, so I've interpreted it as 'drawn ON turtle shell' instead to save time. So it's an image drawn ONTO the mask in some mixture of primitive inks and chalk, I suppose.

So many things have been happening lately, and I've been juggling 2 'hobby' projects (this and creations for http://www.Whirled.com) and just recently, a paying job landed in my lap, something I've been waiting for for so long! I'm really happy to have a new job, but it does take time away from my other activities. Still, I'll do the best I can to keep all sides balanced. It'll just take a bit longer than before. ;) Thanks for your patience.

Btw, I'm loving the sketches some of you have been posting. Keep it up, thread's open to everyone remember! :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2008, 03:10:39 am »

This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Seriously, I'm giggling my ass off. That's a real artifact of an artifact there, Moogie of the Golden Photoshop.

Seriously. Flippin'. Awesome.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2008, 07:04:58 am »

Finished jaybud4's Jasper Coffer.

(Description paraphrased, I can't remember the exact wording): This is a brown jasper coffer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with horse leather, adorned with hanging rings of adamantine, and menaces with spikes of steel. On the object is an image of a dwarf and a human in Iron. The dwarf is speaking to the human. On the object is an image of a demon and a dwarf in Silver. The demon is laughing. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.

Enjoyed this one, but I was annoyed that I ran out of room for the demon & dwarf image. So, I drew a top view of the lid and stuck it on there instead. :) I think this is my favourite one so far, but boy do my hands hurt after gripping the pen and working furiously for so long! This was definitely a "possession". :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:18:22 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Blue Eagle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 20, 2008, 07:51:39 am »

I love the "ornaments" at the bottom of the mask.
And the image on it worked out pretty well.
Say, maybe I should take a swing at this...

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:08 am »

Finished jaybud4's Jasper Coffer.

Sweet Armok Christ, just when you think the thunder only strikes once, it comes back again. You have, if anything, outdone yourself this time, Moogie.

If you have time... I beseech thee, Moogie...

I just have to see this in action.

This is the artifact I'd like sketched:

Tosidothas, Armorwild, a Tower-cap statue.

This is a Tower-cap statue. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Tower-cap. This object menaces with spikes of Tower-cap and Obsidian. On the item is an image of a Native Gold statue in Tower-cap. On the item is an image of a Native gold statue in cat bone.

This is an artifact statue which consists of TWO IMAGES of a PREVIOUS ARTIFACT STATUE... In cat bones and wood.

I'm kind of speechless. On the one hand, this kind of thing is just odd. On the other, it makes sense in a weird way. It was a possession, not a fey mood, so I'm going to explain it as a spirit that so loved the statue in our dining hall that it went crazy with admiration and had to copy it.

And this is the artifact that the other artifact has images of:

Angenmothkat, "The Fair Mansion", a Native gold statue. ($130,800)

This is a Native gold statue. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of Obsidian. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Native gold. On the item is an image of a dwarf in dog leather.

Can you handle that much recursion? :)

Eita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 08:45:07 am »

Would've been better if the statue had a picture of another artifact, that had a picture of another, that had three different random pictures.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 20, 2008, 11:37:30 am »

I want to see Moogie (or anyone, I guess) tackle one of those recursive image-of-itself artifacts that are around.
ALSO, the last two images are double-plus good.

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 01:12:47 pm »

Speaking of a recursive artefact, here's one.

Ejaskastrol Dolilsorus, "Flashruled the Waning Author"
This is a white chalcedony floodgate. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of white chalcedony. This object is adorned with hanging rings of copper. On the item is an image of a white chalcedony floodgate in white chalcedony.

This is my first artefact ever, even though I've been playing a while. Until recently I had culled my population limit down to 7-10 dwarves.

It is going to be the centerpiece in my new dining room, it's worth 9600.

I gotta say, I love this thread and I appriciate all the artists that have contributed so far. ;D
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21