Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: Artifacts Sketched  (Read 37610 times)

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts Sketched
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »

Sorry for that, then. I just tend to assume male as a default, given that, you know, it's The Internets. Fixed my post.  :)

Spazz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2008, 05:40:00 pm »

Moogie, you made my day with the comment of yours I put in my quote.  I hope you don't mind.

Also, I have a couple artifacts I'd like to request sketched, if it isn't too much trouble, I'll get the details to you later.

The freedom to be completely insane.

I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)
-Moogie

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »

LOL. Well what can I say. I'm flattered. :P

Post any artifact requests you like here, I tend to cherry-pick the ones I like most (or ones I feel I'm able to actually draw).

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2008, 06:14:41 pm »

I don't like the right-side position of the new forum reply button...
But oh well...
I kinda want to see my coffer from earlier..
Duthnurod, "Guardtunneled", a Brown jasper coffer
This is a brown jasper coffer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with horse leather.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of adamantine and menaces with spikes of steel.  On the item is an image of a dwarf and a human in iron.  The dwarf is speaking with the human.
On the item is an image of a a dwarf and a demon in silver.  The demon is laughing.  The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.
Worth 728,400 monies.
All the different decorations make it sound interesting to draw, at least to me.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2008, 07:40:03 am »

What did you put in it?
Because if I opened a chest like that in adventure mode, I'd be disapointed with anything less than an adamantium sword and a golden crown with dwarf, demon and human bone decorations.
Or at least a mimic.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2008, 05:01:18 pm »

I started that one a while ago, jaybud. :) Just have been juggling a few things at once lately.

Good news is, I had my exam today. I CAN RELAX AT LAST!! :D And that means, back to more creative occupations. :D
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2008, 07:19:32 pm »

What did you put in it?
Because if I opened a chest like that in adventure mode, I'd be disapointed with anything less than an adamantine sword and a golden crown with dwarf, demon and human bone decorations.
Or at least a mimic.
You can't decide what goes into them in Fortress mode, unfortunately.  Coffers are only used for money as far as I know, as well.
Otherwise I'd stuff all my artifacts in it so I'd be able to find them as an adventurer.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2008, 03:03:13 am »

Coffers are just stone chests, they will hold anything chests hold. I think they only held money in the 2d version (not 100% sure), but I'm sure they hold other things now I've seen bracelets and such in them.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2008, 09:32:16 am »

This is the first time I've tried to do  translucent stuff outside 3D modelling...

I went through about 3 different programs before discovering that Photoshop is still the best available (for my needs, anyway). Depressing, really.

Anyway,

And my interpretation:

Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2008, 11:47:31 am »

Heh, nice.
The rope seems a little awkward with all the little bumps on it but overall that's pretty good.
(A hell of a lot better then I could do, that's for sure. [Hooray, new forums have underline..])

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2008, 04:27:44 pm »

aw, and i thought that underline was a link to some horrible drawing you made for our amusement.  someone disable the forum underline feature, i dont like being teased like that!

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2008, 04:53:42 pm »

The rope seems a little awkward with all the little bumps on it but overall that's pretty good.

Yeah, I got so fed up of trying to make it look acceptable I just rubbed some black over it and gave up. And I have terrible wrists that always do something wrong at a critical moment (hence the kinks).
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2008, 05:24:46 pm »

(Btw, not that it matters at all, but it bugs me if I don't correct when people refer to me as "he" - I am of the wimmens-species! I know, it's hard to tell dwarven women apart from men due to the beards. ...Er, not saying I have a beard, 'cause I don't... nevermind.)

People think that because, to quote a friend of mine: "Its the internet. The men are men. The women are men. The children are FBI agents, who are also men."
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2008, 06:40:13 pm »

aw, and i thought that underline was a link to some horrible drawing you made for our amusement.  someone disable the forum underline feature, i dont like being teased like that!
Except that the forums changes the color of a link.
Underline.
Underline?

Erm, on second look, it doesn't even underline it until you mouse over it.

Brdn666

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerlord
    • View Profile
    • Myspace Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2008, 09:11:44 pm »

This sounds very interesting..and complex.

This is a turtle bone puzzlebox. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted bands of turtle bone, char bone, and hematite. This object menaces with spikes of larch. On the item is an image of a iron sarcophagus in turtle bone. On the item is an image of dwarves in Hematite. The dwarves are larboring.         25,200 Monies                  Savoterith         "Standthroat"

It is interesting for another reason as well. This was my third arty made, in this fort.  My first one was the only burial receptacle made. an iron  sarcophagus (sarcophagusis very annoying to type, BTW).

Lokumzursul Sholid Liksis         24,000 monies    Spearchewed the clutches of splitting

This is an iron sarcophagus. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. On the item is an image of a dwarf in Iron

So the puzzlebox has an image of another arty on it.

Great work Moogie!!!

BTW, what is a puzzle box? is it a Rubik's cube?
The only thing that's not afraid of a dragon is a marksdwarf.
Or maybe a mechanic, if given enough time to prepare.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21