Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Artifacts Sketched  (Read 37612 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Artifacts Sketched
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 11:22:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>my most valueable creation on my inflate errored word (R.I.P  )

Haunting Whispers Of Forgotten Dead
Adamantine Longsword
Adorned with hanging rings of adamantine
encircled with band of adamantine
menaces with spikes of adamantine
encrusted with star ruby(or something)
encrusted with star saphire(or something)
image of dwarves in adamantine. the dwarves are laboring
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the demon
image of a dwarf and a human in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the human
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the demon is crying. the dwarf is laughing.    :(</STRONG>

From the Funniest Names thread.

Also, bumped.  Because those pictures are way too awesome to fall off the first page.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 02:59:00 am »

Sorry to say it folks, but that sword's at least slightly a hoax...  Dwarf Fortress does not recognize actions as separate words, and "Haunting" is apparently an action.  It doesn't show up on the word list, at least not in any of the slots before "of".  Also, there's no adjective for the "of" slot, so "Forgotten" gets kicked.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:00 am »

Pyrorex's Adamantine Shortsword. Not sure I got the colours right; I used Google Images, hehe.

I'll fill out the price if you tell me how much it cost.   ;)

It's a bit awkward keeping these constrained to such small proportions, btw. I think I'll tackle that wicked-sounding Throne next, and do it a little larger than the others to pack in more details and allow it some clean edges.

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: Moogie ]

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 07:54:00 am »

Engraved on the forum is an image of a human, dwarves and a silver pencil. The human is raising the silver pencil. The human is surrounded by the dwarves. The dwarves are cheering.
Fire of Algir Mountain - A quest that doesn't involve getting a crown.

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

That. Is. Awesome.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »

This was fun!! But can you tell I I got frustrated with the dwarf?    :D In the end, I told his arms to go to hell. *smudgesmudgesmudge*

+<<Obsidian>>+
This is a superiod quality Obsidian throne. It is encrusted with finely-crafted Onyx.
On the item is a finely-designed image of a dwarf in White opal by Minkot Rithzeg. The dwarf is burning.

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »

They got burned off!

How about:
Duthnurod, "Guardtunneled", a Brown jasper coffer
This is a brown jasper coffer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with horse leather. (?)  This object is adorned with hanging rings of adamantine and menaces with spikes of steel.  On the item is an image of a dwarf and a human in iron.  The dwarf is speaking with the human.
On the item is an image of a a dwarf and a demon in silver.  The demon is laughing.  The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture.
EDIT: Worth 728,400 monies.
Have fun   :D

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: jaybud4 ]

Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2008, 01:20:00 pm »

Moogie's awesomeness exploded my brain in a pulp of gore. Moar please.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Pyrorex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Moogie:
<STRONG>Pyrorex's Adamantine Shortsword. Not sure I got the colours right; I used Google Images, hehe.

I'll fill out the price if you tell me how much it cost.    ;)

It's a bit awkward keeping these constrained to such small proportions, btw. I think I'll tackle that wicked-sounding Throne next, and do it a little larger than the others to pack in more details and allow it some clean edges.

[ June 03, 2008: Message edited by: Moogie ]</STRONG>

I love you so much right now <3
Should have included the worth, it's 1080000

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2008, 04:49:00 pm »

Then thou shalt have a priced version: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8079/dfartifact4to3.jpg

Ralp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://ralp.net/
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>Sorry to say it folks, but that sword's at least slightly a hoax...  Dwarf Fortress does not recognize actions as separate words, and "Haunting" is apparently an action.  It doesn't show up on the word list, at least not in any of the slots before "of".  Also, there's no adjective for the "of" slot, so "Forgotten" gets kicked.</STRONG>

The Dwarves don't even seem to have a word for "forgotten", sadly.  The closest I could come up with is "Dumuriklist Ulenggidur Råsh": Hauntwhispers the Lost Memories of Death.

As a plural noun, "Dead" can't appear in the "of" slot, but that would be Dumuriklist Ulenggidur Nökor.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07:00 pm »

It's simple, really..  They can't remember the word.

And Moogie, brilliant work.  The only artifact that comes to mind at the moment was my very first, back in the old 2D version.  I can't remember the details (or even the name), but it was a bronze shield that menaced with spikes of tin and was encrusted with some sort of green jewel.  No special images, but it seemed cool at the time...

There was another one, a floodgate made out of some sort of stone, but I can't remember all the decorations on it.  The main piece was a ruby demon that was making a submissive gesture.  I was certain that I would use that for a magma floodgate once I started tooling around with the magma river, but I never got a chance.  I found out that dwarves weren't too keen on dropping their artifacts, so I drafted the mason who made it and turned him into my first-ever elite floodgate squad.

Damn...  I really can't remember any of the artifacts I've had recently...  Of course, I haven't really been playing all that much as of late (time constraints).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:00 pm »

That is a truly awesome throne, worthy of any immolated Baron.

The utter randomness of decorations has always been one my favorite things in DF, and I liked to imagine chairs and rings with loads of random spikes bunged on.  But these... this is what dwarven artifacts are supposed to look like.

Pity about the sword being a fake.  Seemed too good to be true.  Wish my artifact swords were made out of useful metals.  I just had a weaponsmith make a golden shortsword and decorate it with iron.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 09:25:00 pm »

quote:

Wish my artifact swords were made out of useful metals

Then do what I do when I see a dwarf claim a forge (warning, involves a fair bit of micromanaging);

Let him grab the first item he wants, and find out what it is. If it's something bollocks, like andesite etc, forbid it in his inventory. When he gets to the forge, he'll drop it rather than use it. Next, as soon as he makes it to the workshop, see what he needs. Then systematically forbid everything that isn't obsidian, steel, dyed GCS silk, etc thats on his list. It helps hugely at this point if you have stockpiles for everything.

As a result, i recently got Gesthud Uged (or Ored or something along those lines, can't remember), a steel statue, encrusted with star sapphire. Menaces with spikes of obsidian, aluminium and steel. Adorned with hanging rings of donkey bone. Decorated with Pig tail (he needed a plant cloth, was exceptionally dyed with redroot though) on which there was an image of dwarf and dwarves (talking if you must know). Worth just over 208000 monies  :D

I'm putting it in my 5 z-level, pillared throne room :P

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:00 pm »

Jesus FUCK, you are an amazing artist. Absolutely amazing. Toady must be contacted at once, and host these badboys on a "Fan Art" subsection of the site...these are incredible.

I have a request, if you could. It's from a Let's Play I did.

The item may be a little generic, I guess, but the focal point would certainly be the emerald Plump Helmets. I just have this amazing mental image of a Dwarf, clad in Silver Plate Mail. Oh sure, the Humans might have designs of Eagles or Dragons on their armor, and even the Elves bear pictures of their mighty trees. But this stoic Dwarves...he decorates his armor with what is most important to him, something he sees every day after he wakes up, which keeps him alive during the long, bleak winter months...

...fungus.

Also, if you have time (or would rather do a weapon), here's another. Looks interesting to me.

Again, the main point is the awesome design, namely a full moon over a turbulant ocean.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21