Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reclaimed fortress: "ambushed" by "hostiles" that aren't hostile  (Read 1029 times)

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reclaimed fortress: "ambushed" by "hostiles" that aren't hostile
« on: December 26, 2015, 04:10:26 am »

I lost my fortress to a massive goblin invasion.

After doing a bit of exploration in Advneture mode (during which I found loads of non-aggressive dwarves and humans visiting it, and killed a couple of aggressive goblins), I decided to reclaim it.

There are still loads of friendly humans and dwarves there, listed in the U > Others screen, but I also keep getting messages about "ambushes", and when that happens, some additional "hostile" people get added to the Others list (at this moment, 1 human hammerman, 1 swordsdwarf, 1 human swordsman, 3 human bards, 3 human poets, 1 goblin poet, and 1 goblin dancer).  But none of these "hostiles" are actually hostile, and seem to ignore my dwarves (and the other "friendly" visitiors).

What is this all about?  Can I safely ignore them, or will they turn on me later? Can I safely attack them, or will that risk turning  the "friendlys" hostile as well and causing a  loyalty cascade?
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reclaimed fortress: "ambushed" by "hostiles" that aren't hostile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 08:46:20 am »

No actual answer, but it sounds to me like something has been screwed up internally so what should have been visitors are reported as ambushers.
I'd probably check the bug tracker for a similar report, and file one if one cannot be found.

Edit:
From the main page:
I also fixed some of the problems with visitors vs. retired sites, and various minor typos and issues.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 12:29:30 pm by PatrikLundell »

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »

I'm getting normal visitors as well.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 04:27:05 pm »

Edit:
From the main page:
I also fixed some of the problems with visitors vs. retired sites, and various minor typos and issues.

The detailed changelog shows 9176: Lots of 'other' units appear after retiring fortress (merchants/pack animals/now hostile visitors).
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 12:17:35 pm »

Additional info:

When the dwarf caravan arrived, all the "friendly" dwarves became flagged as merchants, nd then left when the caravan left.
Ditto for "friendly" humns when the human cravan arrived.

I've now just got the visitors, and the non-hostile "hostiles".

I've also had a vile horde of darkness turn up (consisting of two gobbo marksmen), and it didn't cause any of the "hostile" guests to start attacking.