Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: The Jedi Heresy (SG) (Ressurected)  (Read 57299 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: The Jedi Heresy (Alt: You are a Warhammer 40k Commissar in Star Wars) (SG)
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

I seriously want to see the sources of that...i have never read any official canon that Kriegers have no culture and are all mindless soldiers. The operas were official canon as far as i know....goddamnit i can't find the source for that one anymore...:I

Anyway official canon as far as i am aware is that Kriegers pay the heaviest population tithe possible but otherwise still live on the planet and some of them relatively normal lives.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2015, 05:23:57 pm »

Timeskip until we're killing traitors and cowards on the front lines.

You want to miss out on running across your first droid and giving a rousing speech to the troops under your command?
Fine, let's do this first.

I certainly don't want to skip straight to the front lines. Additionally, we should request one of those fancy blasters they have, so as to have a spare sidearm and save our bolter for antimateriel uses.
-1. Our bolt pistol is better. Besides, can't BLAM someone with a weapon that only makes the same pathetic PEW PEW sounds that Tau weapons make.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2015, 05:26:23 pm »

Regardless, all commisars are essentially raised in the schola progenia as a child. homeworld culture of their dead parents would have little to no bearing inside there (And arguably the drill abbots are kinder than krieger teachers too, given that failing students aren't made into target practice :P )

+1 For getting a blaster though. We aren't really going to be seeing many techpriests out here.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2015, 05:27:14 pm »

I seriously want to see the sources of that...i have never read any official canon that Kriegers have no culture and are all mindless soldiers. The operas were official canon as far as i know....goddamnit i can't find the source for that one anymore...:I

Anyway official canon as far as i am aware is that Kriegers pay the heaviest population tithe possible but otherwise still live on the planet and some of them relatively normal lives.
I would like to see the sources that state they do and some of them live relatively normal lives. As for mine - the main character of Down Amongst the Dead Men is a Krieger who got deemed unsuitable to join the Death Korps and in the end was used literally as a living target for recruits. There's also Dead Men Walking. Also, they're not mindless, they're just very damn close.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:56 pm »

Well if you look at the lexicanum article you get that they have to pay a tithe of 50 million people a year. Not their entire population. It also nowhere states that their entire population is in the Death Korps so it is reasonable to assume that a good bunch of them just live like other citizens of the imperium just more Kriegan.

Also what is Down Amongst the Dead Men?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:01 pm »

I'm pretty sure they can't reasonably tithe the entire population given the necessary labour to man the vitae wombs, and the fact that not all of the population is combat ready. So it may just take the entire population growth for a year that krieg can produce.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2015, 05:39:44 pm »

Novel. It's canon.
Also, notice that Krieg is a Death World, 50 million might as well be their whole population. That's also over 250 new regiments every year.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2015, 05:45:08 pm »

Thats why Vitae Wombs. So they don't have to provide their own population.

By whom is it written? just curious. Because even among writers there is some disagreement. Just read up on the 1d4 article on them, some write them as stoic with personalities and some as simple automata. I like the stoic guys with personalities much better, makes the story that much sadder, than simple mindless clonetroopers sent to the grinder.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2015, 05:46:17 pm »

Krieg korps aren't mindless at all. Their minds are perfectly functional, for a particular function.

It's just that normal minds aren't as functional for that function and tend to consider a perfectly functional mind in that regards as "Horrifying" or "lobotomised"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:33 pm »

I like the stoic guys with personalities much better, makes the story that much sadder, than simple mindless clonetroopers sent to the grinder.
Which is also what I like more, you just sadly seem to misunderstand me. They do have personalities, but they are geared towards one objective - total war, and any who don't are used as target practice. The writer in question seems to be somewhere in between, as the said main character does have, you know, some own reflections and stuff, but yeah, they're not your regular people who could live regular lives.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2015, 06:23:10 pm »

You want to miss out on running across your first droid and giving a rousing speech to the troops under your command?

I certainly don't want to skip straight to the front lines. Additionally, we should request one of those fancy blasters they have, so as to have a spare sidearm and save our bolter for antimateriel uses.
-1. Our bolt pistol is better. Besides, can't BLAM someone with a weapon that only makes the same pathetic PEW PEW sounds that Tau weapons make.

Sure, the boltgun is a lot better, and the blaster looks and sounds pathetic, but it also doesn't run out of ammunition and doesn't weigh very much.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »

Sure, the boltgun is a lot better, and the blaster looks and sounds pathetic, but it also doesn't run out of ammunition and doesn't weigh very much.

Why not both? If a laspistol is good enough for the Hero of the Imperuim Its good enough for us, besides until we get a way to produce more bolts and bolters we can't engage in proper fire fights. speaking of that any one up for finding the ship fabricators?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:13 pm »

That was my point. Carry both, use the blaster wherever we don't need to kill tanks or extra-heresy.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2015, 07:28:25 pm »

Why not both? If a laspistol is good enough for the Hero of the Imperuim Its good enough for us[/b]
A blaster is not a laspistol. It fires plasma rather than lasers.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2015, 07:30:44 pm »

Blasters are insanely shitty, so are laspistols, I still want a gun that never runs out of ammunition.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39