Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: The Jedi Heresy (SG) (Ressurected)  (Read 57325 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Jedi Heresy (Alt: You are a Warhammer 40k Commissar in Star Wars) (SG)
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2015, 08:00:05 am »

Hey, shouldn't we realize somethings really weird? Since when were Storm Troopers cloned? And... ((Does Warhammer 40k have cloning technology? If it doesn't, then how come these guys do???))

I think Space Marines are mostly cloned (or at least tube-grown to some extent), no? Probably they have similar technologies for more expendable troops, at least on certain planets.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2015, 08:01:13 am »

also Krieg. It is a badly kept secret that a good part of their troops are pseudo-clones.

It is however mostly forbidden nowadays. but back in the 27th millenium...

the cloned space marines are the iron warriors and whatever fabius bile was/is up to.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2015, 08:22:03 am »

Hey, shouldn't we realize somethings really weird? Since when were Storm Troopers cloned? And... ((Does Warhammer 40k have cloning technology? If it doesn't, then how come these guys do???))
Cloning exists in 40k.

I think Space Marines are mostly cloned (or at least tube-grown to some extent), no? Probably they have similar technologies for more expendable troops, at least on certain planets.
They are not cloned. They get a normal human boy between 7 and 14 years old, stick some gene seed into him, and then give him some internal organs for a few years while he trains and does scout work. After about 20 years, you have a Space Marine.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2015, 10:19:14 am »

Posting to Enjoy

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2015, 11:05:11 am »

The only loyalist people who are hinted to be cloned are Kriegers, and even in their case it's proably more like horrible speed-up pregnancies on real women or other borderline-heretical whatever that is accepted only because Kriegers are so fucking loyal and there's so many of them.

- side note in my headcanon our guy is a former Kriegan now. While Schola Progenium Children are taken away at a young age and thus have not so much of Kriegan Culture in them, that doesn't mean that there aren't Kriegan Kommisars
Purely and simply impossible. Schola Progenium trains orphans, Krieg has no orphans because their parents are The God-Emperor and The Army. Literally, all of them go training to be guardsmen. All of them. And even if someone doesn't, he's proably used as live target for the rest. That's how Krieg rolls. Also, there is no culture anymore. There is only Emperor, His orders, lasgun and bunch of Xenos/Heretics/Mutants/Whatever to shoot at or die trying.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2015, 03:26:14 pm »

Who makes the lasgun, rations and so on?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2015, 03:28:14 pm »

Another world, krieg just makes the troops that use those.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2015, 04:12:51 pm »

Inquire as to the nature of these defects.

Everything else has been different so far...

"What precisely is the nature of these defects, Inquisitor?" you ask.

"The strange madness exhibited by the clones causes a tendency to refuse orders and fire upon their comrades," the Inquisitor replies.  "Do you believe you can maintain a hold on the afflicted individuals?"

Accept. We are experienced in handling ten times that number of mad men due to the drugs used by them. Also, inform the Inquisitor that we have just escaped a Hive World overrun by Heresy. The name of the planet is Coruscant and ordinary citizens are openly and casually proclaiming the death of the Emperor - proof of just how corrupted the planet has become. A crusade to retake the world will not be sufficient to remove the taint it is inflicted with. Exterminatus must be declared upon the world of Coruscant.

+1 to accepting

-1 to demanding exterminatus on the hive-world because one man was a heretic. Besides, if we remember correctly, we're in a time from before the Emperor revealed himself to mankind - they probbably mean some other, petty, local, emperor.
I agree with this, I also can't wait for some poor sod stormtrooper to be the first person to realize that we aren't from any place close to the current galaxy and time.

"I could keep ten thousand of those afflicted with that madness in line.  I can handle a measly thousand," you reply, voice filled with a measure of pride.  "I will accept this assignment gladly."

"Good.  We shall contact the admiral of the fleet you are within to take you to the facility where your regiment is being created.  Now, I believe there was something you wished to speak with me about?"

"Yes.  Before I commandeered a vessel, I encountered heresy upon a hive world apparently known as Coruscant.  I had found multiple individuals that claimed the God-Emperor was killed and another that did not know of Holy Terra.  If there are not enough soldiers to launch a Great Crusade, then we must exterminatus the planet!"

The Inquisitor remained stoic throughout your speech, and, after a short period of silence, responded, "while there is apparent cause to perform either action, there is the problem of most fleets being engaged with little ability to rebuild due to the capturing of shipyards and planets by the rebel scum.  It may be some time before we have the strength to perform either action upon the world."

You feel anger at the inability to purge the heretics, but you do see the sense in the Inquisitor's words.  The Inquisitor then continues with asking, "Is there anything else?"

I'd say that as long as we get some other sane officers to aid in our new command, it should work out. Or we can PUNT a thousand stormtroopers. Either way, we should go for it. Either way, ask about the current state of the Imperium.

"I have been cut off from communications for some time.  What is the current state of the Imperium?" you ask.

The Inquisitor proceeded to explain. "Over the past three years, much of the southern portion of the galaxy has fallen to the Rebels, with much of the Core, Colonies, and Inner Rim having been taken by their forces.  With it being cut off, the Deep Core has collapsed into the control of several vying warlords that may soon be slain by the Rebels.  Control over the bulk of the remaining Imperial forces has been maintained by the Inquisitorius and the remaining Moffs, but the control is tenuous and there are concerns of collapse, especially on the fringe worlds.  The clones are one of the few hopes we have of maintaining order.  If you prove to be able to control these clones, we may be able to restore order.  Is that all you wish to know?"

How do you react?

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2015, 04:21:37 pm »

That is all I wish to know. Timeskip until we're killing traitors and cowards on the front lines.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2015, 04:46:25 pm »

Timeskip until we're killing traitors and cowards on the front lines.

You want to miss out on running across your first droid and giving a rousing speech to the troops under your command?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2015, 04:48:05 pm »

Purely and simply impossible. Schola Progenium trains orphans, Krieg has no orphans because their parents are The God-Emperor and The Army. Literally, all of them go training to be guardsmen. All of them. And even if someone doesn't, he's proably used as live target for the rest. That's how Krieg rolls. Also, there is no culture anymore. There is only Emperor, His orders, lasgun and bunch of Xenos/Heretics/Mutants/Whatever to shoot at or die trying.

Not really true. While indeed large parts of the Kriegan Population is in the Death Korps and they need to add the Vitae Wombs (which still haven't been exactly specified) to clone/make/whatever extra People to meet their Tithing Rates, there is still a good part of Kriegan Population not serving in the Military.

After all someone has to write the operas they are famous for ( So no, their culture is not dead). Or create their rations, weapons and armor (do you have any sources on whether it is actually produced somewhere else or if the Kriegans do that themselves?). Or keep the Vitae Wombs and Underground Bunkers running.

anyway back to stuff at hand:
"No thank you Lord Inquisitor." Meet our Regiment

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2015, 04:50:34 pm »

I certainly don't want to skip straight to the front lines. Additionally, we should request one of those fancy blasters they have, so as to have a spare sidearm and save our bolter for antimateriel uses.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2015, 05:08:29 pm »

nonsense we should instead requisition someone to make more bolter shells for us.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 28, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

While once we have access to a quartermaster, we definitely need to ask about that, I doubt this universe has the infrastructure required.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #134 on: December 28, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »

Not really true. While indeed large parts of the Kriegan Population is in the Death Korps and they need to add the Vitae Wombs (which still haven't been exactly specified) to clone/make/whatever extra People to meet their Tithing Rates, there is still a good part of Kriegan Population not serving in the Military.

After all someone has to write the operas they are famous for ( So no, their culture is not dead). Or create their rations, weapons and armor (do you have any sources on whether it is actually produced somewhere else or if the Kriegans do that themselves?). Or keep the Vitae Wombs and Underground Bunkers running.
Actually, it is true. The Kriegers that do not serve in military are the ones who somehow got through, became officers and came back. Also, wait, operas? Maybe pre-war, but after it their culture is literally dead. Deader than dead. It doesn't exist. None. Nothing. I do myself enjoy some stories that imply they're not nearly-mindless automatons, but that's how the canon rolls. Also, Krieg isin't a Forge World, all the weapons and armour gets produced somewhere else, so do their rations because, well, it's actually pretty rare for Imperial Guard regiment to get food and other supplies like that from their own planet. And Vitae Wombs and Underground Bunkers are keept running by servitors and Mechanicus (the more open-minded ones at least), with maybe few high-rank officers overseeing it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39