Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First siege (Actualy, just an ambush...)  (Read 701 times)

Atlas

• Bay Watcher
  • Supertitanly Tough
    • View Profile
    • Rideo- Latin For Lol
First siege (Actualy, just an ambush...)
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

Woot, if I had realized that goblins could shoot down 3 flights of stairs... I would have put walls around my tower of babel attempt...

(cheating, so as to be able to focus on building cool structures, and not menial tasks...)

I had a huge Adamantium Gate Castle... a three tile wide moat that I was going to fill with lava... around the entire map...  and a 50x50x4 tile wide construction site...Complete with rings of stairs over the entire thing...     Three catapults training near the corner of the map...

And guess what, my catapults get hit first... My only ranged people... dead... I  pull up the bridge and tell everyone to get into buildings... but the goblins are able to shoot through to the bottom of the building....

Having 38 dwarves, and a wealth of over 2,000,000 is not the best idea... I got my dwarves cut in half...

The worst part... Was my best trained(and only) military dwarf was patrolling the outer edge of the map, and the goblins spawned next to him...
He had adamantium chain mail, and everything... but a helmate... Two Adamantium war-axes... and HE GOT HIT IN THE FLIPPIN FACE......................... Then immediately my siege dwarfs got killed marching to the training engines.....

I had to use tweak to put a stop to the slaughter...

But I think I will be able to continue on my fortress building once stuff gets cleaned back up... Adamantium Sarcophagi for everyone!

I will post a map of it once I get the tower to the way I want it.

(Sorry for general lack of grammar and sense in this post...)

Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First siege (Actualy, just an ambush...)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:28:00 am »

How about "sorry for wasting your time with stories of my impressive fail-ability in spite of all cheats applied"?

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 09:31:00 am »

Hehe, it seems as if the game noticed your cheating and got back to you.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

Heh... Outer walls are goood.