Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf drops bucket while trying to give water.  (Read 521 times)

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf drops bucket while trying to give water.
« on: December 22, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »

I'm having an issue where a dwarf who is trying to perform the "Give Water" labor on an injured dwarf in my hospital, but the dwarf walks to the bucket, then drops it immediately and goes to not having any job.

Any idea on how to fix this?

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf drops bucket while trying to give water.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 12:59:30 am »

This might be what I came to ask about, as my fort is slowly filling up with buckets of water, and dwarves cancelling bring water jobs over not being able to find any empty buckets to fill with water and I've no idea why, but this seems as good a theory as anything

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 07:36:51 am »

Check the dwarf to make sure he has both hands (yes, seriously).  DF will sometimes assign the footless dwarf to be the distance runner, if you get my meaning.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 01:16:40 pm »

Check the dwarf to make sure he has both hands (yes, seriously).  DF will sometimes assign the footless dwarf to be the distance runner, if you get my meaning.

It wasn't just one dwarf, it was several all trying to take the job after the previous one failed to perform it.