Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread (spoilers, obviously)  (Read 56769 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Discussion Thread (spoilers, obviously)
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »

We're told Luke was good at flying speeders

Aircraft actually.  The speeder he drives to find R2 is one of two vehicles you can see in his garage.

That's the T16 he mentions which he used to bullseye womprats. BTW, Luke is shown playing with the model of the T16. They were meant to have a full-scale prop in there but it didn't make the cut of the movie.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:41:10 pm by Reelya »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2016, 03:54:44 pm »

So everyone, what do you think Finn is going to do in the next movies? It seems like Rey has taken center stage, but I think that Finn will have a role to play in the upcoming movies, what do you think it is?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 08, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »

I think Finn will wake up being loyal to the First Order.

Theory of mine. I suspect that after the massive trauma he suffered he will revert to Stormtrooper conditioning. Depending on whether he's ultimately force-sensitive or not he will have an evil mentor that will be either Phasma orKylo Ren
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #408 on: January 08, 2016, 04:01:03 pm »

Rey will leave a path of bodies that Finn will clean up.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 08, 2016, 04:03:19 pm »

shoehorned in Love interest/sidekick probably? Although him turning evil from the trauma and going sith would be a good twist (Kylo turns to the good side when big daddy phasma pays more attention to Finn?), but I don't think it'll happen. Maybe his own mini arc where he fights against his previous stormtrooper buddies (or even turns them to the rebellion?) would be cool, but I doubt the movies will have time for it in between Rey stuff.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 04:05:38 pm by Criptfeind »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 08, 2016, 04:04:18 pm »

Since Finn is Not-Han, he'll do what Han did in Empire Strikes Back, which is hang with the Resistance for a while and get captured by Kylo and Phasma at the climax.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 08, 2016, 04:04:57 pm »

We're told Luke was good at flying speeders

Aircraft actually.  The speeder he drives to find R2 is one of two vehicles you can see in his garage.

Speeders drive at a fixed distance from the ground. They're cars, not aircraft.

As mentioned upthread, Luke actually was talking about a real aircraft. That makes him being able to fly an X-Wing on the first try slightly less laughable.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 08, 2016, 04:05:57 pm »

Since Finn is Not-Han, he'll do what Han did in Empire Strikes Back, which is hang with the Resistance for a while and get captured by Kylo and Phasma at the climax.

I hope the new director can be more creative than that. It's not Abrams directing the new movie. Hopefully we'll get a slightly more creative storyline.
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 08, 2016, 04:09:07 pm »

I hope the new director can be more creative than that. It's not Abrams directing the new movie. Hopefully we'll get a slightly more creative storyline.
Directing these films is something that will be done with Disney executives living in your shadow. Frankly, the director is going to be more of a middleman.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 08, 2016, 04:09:58 pm »

I thought Poe Dameron was Not-Han.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 08, 2016, 04:11:22 pm »

Poe is not-Wedge
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 08, 2016, 04:13:15 pm »

If he stays in the background he's Not-Wedge, otherwise he's actually Not-Leia. It makes some sense when you get into it, he's the actual big deal in the Not-Rebellion and the support to the two characters people actually focus on, Not-Han and Not-Luke.
No Gods, No Masters.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 08, 2016, 04:17:55 pm »

Making a guess here, they are going to end up exploring Finn's backstory during a mission for the Republic. Like, visiting his homeworld or something. Then he'll get captured and start meeting other sympathetic Storm Troopers. They'll be swayed by him, probably only to be killed off by his old leader whose name I'd forgotten. Then, their conflict will culminate in the ninth movie with her ending up dead from indirect causes.

That's my guess anyways!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 08, 2016, 04:25:05 pm »

If he stays in the background he's Not-Wedge, otherwise he's actually Not-Leia. It makes some sense when you get into it, he's the actual big deal in the Not-Rebellion and the support to the two characters people actually focus on, Not-Han and Not-Luke.

I can buy that
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 08, 2016, 04:55:13 pm »

Finn's not Not-Han; Finn's a friendship-driven character with a strong, if basic, moral code who abruptly broke away from everything in his life.  Finn is Not-Luke.

Rey, our scavenging, self-centered, hard-fighting, adamantly not-a-hero who comes from the underbelly of the galaxy protagonist, is Not-Han.  She even has Han's quirks of repair shortcuts, flying like a maniac and openly hero-worships Han.  She couldn't be more different from Luke, in terms of personality or the role she plays in relationships.

I agree that Poe is Not-Leia, though he does have a much more minor part than Not-Leia did in ANH.
To summarize:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43