Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 182709 times)

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Absolutely Nothing Can Go Right - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #6495 on: February 03, 2016, 06:01:17 pm »

Felicia looks bored.
thincake

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: February 03, 2016, 09:37:46 pm »

James knows what ants are, but doesn't know why to be concerned over them.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:00 am »

The Forest:

Ray grabs hold of the shadows around the moving thing and yanks them away.

Whatever Ray saw slinks away before he could react, meaning that his shadows have nothing to grab onto.

"Tomislava, what can you do again? Just for reference in case we'll need it?"

"Mostly I try to protect everyone else with my martial arts, deflecting attacks and drawing attention to myself," Tomislava replies with a serious expression on her face. "This allows my teammates to use their abilities and magic more aggressively. If we do fight something in these woods, I will do my best to protect you all even though you are not on my team."

Quote from: Kendall -> Sen
Part of the evening's events?
Kendall keeps his phone on but ensures that it looks like he's consulting the map and GPS before quickly switching it back to the map. He keeps himself away from the blood however.

Anyone with excellent hearing would be able to make out Sens's ringtone playing ahead of them, contrasting with the oppressive silence of the trees. She, or at least her cellphone, can't be that far away. His test message to himself would confirm that cellphones still work on this side of the Barrier, so presumably she doesn't want to reply to his message. Or can't reply.

The next moment Lidia blinks, Hana has disappeared.

Hana attempts to blink to one of the closest teachers she can.

Hana's first attempt at teleportation is off by a fair amount but still manages to get her onto the ground. Unfortunately it is almost ten at night and so the school is almost deserted at the moment. Most of the teachers have gone to sleep or are out drinking, so unless Hana has some way of honing in onto the ones that are still awake she's going to have a difficult time finding anyone.

Aine stares at the blood then his horse comes trotting over from the school upon which aine grabs his scythe and goes as fast as his horse will allow him to go towards the barrier.
  Slánaitheoir nó dúnmharfóir a bhfuil aithne aige ach d'fhéadfadh bás tarlú.   

Aine's horse definitely does not come trotting over to join him, since it's still stuck in the school's stables. Given that the people working there have been dealing with supernatural animals for years, the chances of it escaping without outside existence are slim to none. Looks like Aine is going to have to hoof it on foot like everyone else.

"Name's Terrence. And yeah, I don't entirely know what they were doing, but it looked like they were sleeping on each other or something. It was weird."

Speaking of the devil, Ibb-D'ye and Amee come running up to join everyone just as Terrence finishes speaking. Amee looks as presentable as she always does despite the worried look on her face, while Ibb pretends to be nonchalant even though it's obvious that she dressed in a hurry.

"What is the matter? I heard screams? Is everyone okay? Does anyone need a kiss to make it better?" Amee asks for the pair of them. Since I still haven't found a good portrait for Ibb yet.

"Well, we'll see when we're there. Just up to the barrier, then, folks."

Thank's to Lidia's leadership, everyone quickly gets organized and marches towards the ghastly shape they saw between the trees. The illumination that Ray casts seems almost feeble against the terrible darkness lurking between the trees. They seem to be on the correct path at least, for occasionally they come across a few more bloodstains and broken branches, or spot a vague shape in the forest ahead. Eventually the night overhead takes a purple tinge to it as they presumably come up to the barrier. No pylons can be seen to the left or right, but who knows how far apart they are spaced? Sens is still nowhere to be found, but the obvious trail that the group has been following still leads deeper in.

((@USEC:This sounds like something the Janitor would show up for...Y/N?))

((N. Definitely N.))

Rec Room:

Dave shrugs.
"Nearly done, just need to get the last couple of epilogue levels in the dark world. So, pretty good. I think I might play something mindless to cool down."

"Isn't this mindless already? Why would you be playing it if not to relax?"

Felicia looks bored.

"If you're bored, I could always play a game with you. It'd be more fun than watching someone play video games."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: February 04, 2016, 01:58:52 am »

((rip sens in pis))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: February 04, 2016, 02:05:25 am »

Well, guess she's pulling out all the stops, so ah kin as weel dae mah pairt tae.
"WEEL, BUGGER THIS!"
Kendall walks over to the tallest tree still behind the barrier. Amidst a near-explosive plume of dirt and vegetation, he draws an enormous claymore equal in size to the tree that he just uprooted. It's blunt. Very blunt, and covered in a bark-like pattern that shifts into something more leafy as it tapers down. He then swings is horizontally, seeking to fell as many trees obstructing his view as possible.
Conditional Claymore Acquisition -> Conceptual Injection -> Claymore Compatibility -> Claymore Mastery
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: February 04, 2016, 02:18:04 am »

Aine looks rather disapointed that his horse did not come and just decides to try and keep a little bit ahead of everyone stopping and following the others if he gets lost.
...my horse would be usefull right about now if only i had a bicycle or motorcycle or something in my inner fridge but i don't think i could swallow it so i probably don't have one in there.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:22:04 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: February 04, 2016, 02:21:12 am »

Terrence continues pushing onwards, despite the low-light. He's mostly just wandering in the dark, but he can see a bit.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: February 04, 2016, 02:36:31 am »

Well, guess she's pulling out all the stops, so ah kin as weel dae mah pairt tae.
"WEEL, BUGGER THIS!"
Kendall walks over to the tallest tree still behind the barrier. Amidst a near-explosive plume of dirt and vegetation, he draws an enormous claymore equal in size to the tree that he just uprooted. It's blunt. Very blunt, and covered in a bark-like pattern that shifts into something more leafy as it tapers down. He then swings is horizontally, seeking to fell as many trees obstructing his view as possible.
Conditional Claymore Acquisition -> Conceptual Injection -> Claymore Compatibility -> Claymore Mastery

Kendall's ability to handle claymores is second to none. His enhanced weapon slowly clears an opening in the forest, smashing trees down left and right with each blow. It's slow work though, given the number of trees that he has to cleave through and sends up showers of splinters with each strike. Hopefully Sens wasn't in the area that he's trying to cleave else she'd definitely be injured by now.

As the dust clears, the party would notice something moving at the edge of the clearing that Kendall has made. It's difficult to make out at this distance, especially since it prefers to lurk in the shadows. Big and menacing are the most specific adjectives that can be applied to it in this moment. It regards the group for a few brief moments, and then tosses something onto the ground in front of it and walks away.

Terrence continues pushing onwards, despite the low-light. He's mostly just wandering in the dark, but he can see a bit.

Aine looks rather disapointed that his horse did not come and just decides to try and keep a little bit ahead of everyone stopping and following the others if he gets lost.
...my horse would be usefull right about now if only i had a bicycle or motorcycle or something in my inner fridge but i don't think i could swallow it so i probably don't have one in there.

Terrence and Aine are the first to find the thing that the monster dropped. It's hard exactly to tell what it is since it's so tornand bloody, but it appears to be a scrap of fabric from Sens's clothing. Complete with a few small chunks of flesh still attached to it.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: February 04, 2016, 02:39:57 am »

....you know I'm used to being the person who does this....i don't like this sense of dread but lizard-thing...mister.....ummmm?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: February 04, 2016, 02:40:14 am »

Well, looks like she screwed up there.
"So, anyone got any ranged attacks? I say we just cut them down and drag them both to the infirm. Hopefully there's still someone in there."
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:46:13 am by Empiricist »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: February 04, 2016, 02:41:42 am »

I could spit blood or metal and stuff at them.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: February 04, 2016, 02:42:49 am »

"Will it hurt? Will it hit? If so, be my guest."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: February 04, 2016, 02:46:33 am »

Aine shrugs
I've....helped enough people pass on that i can reasonably not kill them by shooting metal at them so i have a okay aim neither of them have gold on them do they?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: February 04, 2016, 02:47:44 am »

"If you mortally wound them, I'm sure we can still teleport to the infirmary in time. They look like they could take a hit. Go ahead."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: February 04, 2016, 02:48:00 am »

....you know I'm used to being the person who does this....i don't like this sense of dread but lizard-thing...mister.....ummmm?
"The name's Terrence. And no, neither do I." Terrence follows after the thing, which is what most people would call stupid, especially if they knew what he was going to do.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 507