Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 183605 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Prepare Your Classload - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #5370 on: January 14, 2016, 11:04:54 pm »

"Not quite. Grew up in Scotland. Only child, pretty happy childhood, within reason of course. Stable family situation, which is to say my parents argued constantly, there was not a year I remember without at least divorce being brought up at least once. At first, I didn't really understand what it was. When I finally learned what it meant, I cried like the kid I was. But I could only cry so many times before I felt kinda numb, empty. Don't get me wrong, I was perfectly happy when they weren't arguing and they didn't argue that often either. Anyway, so whenever they started arguing, I'd just leave the house and go practice swordfighting, the HEMA kind.

It was just something to take my mind off of it at first. But well, as I grew to love it, I'd practice constantly, not just when they were arguing, just basically whenever I had time to. And believe me, I made sure I always had plenty of time for it. See the thing was, the arguing didn't really bother me that much anymore. By then it had finally occurred to me that well, they brought up divorce every year and nothing ever came out of it. If they really hated each other that much, they'd have split years ago. Still didn't understand why of course - back then I still believed the wishy washy fairy tale crap about love, even though I thought I already knew it was a fable. So yeah, after that, I didn't really worry too much about them arguing or bringing up divorce anymore. I'd mention other details of my life but it really isn't that interesting in comparison.

So anyway, my mother got relocated here to Ohio by her company and my father worked from home so it didn't really matter much to him, so we just up and moved here. Just so happened this place was in a convenient position for me to go to.

So what about you? You get rid of ghosts for a living, there's gotta be at least a good story about how you got into the business or work tales."

((And yes, I basically just made that backstory up on the spot. I mean it's as shitty as any other backstory, but better than not having one I guess :P))
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:06:25 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: January 15, 2016, 12:29:41 am »

"So you practice swordfighting, huh? I'm not surprised, you certainly have the build for it. Well, and you have that sword on your hip too. You don't strike me as the kind of guy who'd wear that thing if you didn't know how to use it."

"As for myself... Well, like I said earlier, the Inquisition hires people to run around and hunt down ghosts. The problem is that ghosts are pretty much people with terrible memories, which means that they'll will only show themselves to kinds of people that they're comfortable around. I'm using comfortable loosely here. It can be friendly or the kind of comfortable a hunter feels around its prey. Apparently most people are comfortable around young people so... It's a thing. Anyways, my parents are in the Inquisition so naturally they sat us down, told us about the risks and rewards, and then asked us if we wanted to help out. My brother leapt at the chance and I was dragged in too. I wouldn't have heard the end of it if I didn't. I had those types of parents."

"Alright, so that isn't a very good story of how I came into the business... Let me think of a good work tale... I think I got one. So obviously they don't send us in to banish ghosts by ourselves. Generally what they do is train a group of four people to work as a team and support each other. Concidently that's the same number of students that can stay in a single room in the dorms, which means that if you hate them you'll be seeing them for the next couple years of your life. So on my team is Tomislava, Amee (who you'll meet shortly), and Ibb-D'ye (who hopefully won't be with Amee). Anyways, so the four of us get sent to this mansion somewhere in Europe. So of course Amee and Ibb immediately run off to be alone, which left me and Tommy cooling our heels together. Obviously you're not supposed to split up when you're banishing ghosts, that almost goes without saying. Anyways, after a while we hear Amee scream so both of us ran off to help her. Well, it had turned out that the ghost had showed itself because it thought that Ibb was attacking Amee, which scared the shit out of the pair and caused them to overturn a paint bucket or something. So you had the ghost, who was completely confused as to what was happening, Ibb, who was covered in paint and completely pissed, and Amee, who was between the pair and trying to talk them down." Sens laughs at the end of her tale, and then after a few moments realizes how it must sound to Kendall.

"Well, it'd be funnier if you knew everyone. Ibb takes herself way too seriously so it was hilarious to see her be taken down a peg. She used to talk about how good of a hunter she was, but that incident made her shut up for a while. If you really want to make her mad then you'd ask her how dipping herself in paint is supposed to help banish ghosts."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: January 15, 2016, 12:34:24 am »

((Yep, the slim person lacking visible musculature definitely looks like they do swordfighting :P

I'll post a response when I finish the fourth NPC sheet. Got two and a half done right now.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: January 15, 2016, 12:35:54 am »

((Your profile doesn't say anything about musculature so... I just assumed. Sorry. I'm keeping it in for obvious reasons though.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: January 15, 2016, 12:38:54 am »

((Yep forgot to mention it in the actual profile, though he mentioned it early on IC to Calvin. Not that the reason for it isn't completely inane.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: January 15, 2016, 12:39:39 am »

((It's anime highschool. No reason is too inane.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: January 15, 2016, 12:51:06 am »

((It was because he decided that having anatomical changes being physically and visibly reflected took up time he'd rather spend on swordfighting.))
"Nah it's fine, if you laugh well enough, people will just laugh like idiots alongside you. Me included."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: January 15, 2016, 12:55:12 am »

"But you aren't laughing," Sens points out.

((That amuses me greatly. I'm not going to lie.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: January 15, 2016, 12:56:55 am »

"I was kinda too shocked at you laughing and you know, actually being cheery to react."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: January 15, 2016, 12:59:50 am »

"What are you talking about? I'm a cheery person. I laugh all the time," she says despite all evidence to the contrary.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: January 15, 2016, 02:14:47 am »

"Ray made it pretty damn clear he didn't want a gaggle of fucking people listening to his every conversation, which is something I can sympathize with. Acting like you couldn't hear him and then promptly demonstrating that you could is rude. Fuck's sake, people don't need to be privy to every single conversation other people have."
"I couldn't hear you. For ten minutes. When you weren't coming behind me, I went back to make sure you were okay. I honestly thought you two were dead.

Don't make an assumption you had no proof to make.

You're in the middle of seemingly-haunted woods that interfere with your magic and you're more concerned with privacy than safety.

I think."
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 02:20:12 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: January 15, 2016, 02:24:43 am »

((Is it bad that I spent more time on the stupid sheets I sent you than my own character sheets? EDIT: Now I've sent them, accidentally sent them to myself the first time >__<))
"Yeah, but in the hour or so I've known you, you've been surrounded by people that piss you off so it didn't really look like it to me."
He shrugs.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 04:31:53 am by Empiricist »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: January 15, 2016, 05:42:28 am »

"Dead.  In ten minutes.  Seriously?  That's a bit much."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: January 15, 2016, 05:59:19 am »

"Well, not dead, but missing at least."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: January 15, 2016, 06:10:43 am »

"Look, we'll stand right here, but...Seriously, just go back to the school, we will catch up."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 507