Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 183000 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #7200 on: March 02, 2016, 04:59:01 pm »

"I see."

She thinks for a moment.

"As an example, I am a being of 0 percent pure energy, rounded, 0 percent magic, rounded, and 0 percent data expunged, rounded."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:01:28 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: March 02, 2016, 05:00:36 pm »

"As a rule of thumb, there should be at least one digit that isn't zero.

What was it, 40%, 40%, 10%?  And I know that's not adding up, but that's about how much information I'd retain."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:03:09 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: March 02, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »

"The values were are 45.664 percent pure energy, 44.036 percent magic and 10.300 percent data expunged, respectively.
You have proven my point, as you have not committed the values to memory and, subsequently, forgotten them."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: March 02, 2016, 05:04:32 pm »

"Under what situation would I need to know them to that degree of accuracy for some significant purpose, and how likely is it that such a situation would come up?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: March 02, 2016, 05:08:12 pm »

"The topic has come up very often. Many are unsure exactly what I am, so I inform them.
It is 100% likely, based on recent conversations, that the topic will come up again at least once before I graduate from Red Moons Academy."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: March 02, 2016, 05:09:59 pm »

"Some significant purpose, and we're talking about my point of view.  People being curious is not a particularly significant purpose, nor do I particularly need three decimal places in the first place in common situations."
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: March 02, 2016, 05:11:24 pm »

"Attaining knowledge is the least insignificant purpose in existence.
Knowledge such as which students at Red Moons Academy possesses "perfect" skin."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:13:38 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: March 02, 2016, 05:14:52 pm »

"But one should, assuming a finite capacity to learn, focus on important knowledge, like, say, string theory or career skills, as opposed to trivial details like third decimal places of percentage compositions of a person, or what meets an arbitrary idealized standard of 'perfection' - which doesn't exist properly, by the way - unless that is knowledge one will actually need to use for a purpose other than sharing in idle conversation."
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: March 02, 2016, 05:21:30 pm »

"Basing one's entire argument on an assumption is a monumental mistake. As you have done so, I am safely able to dismiss everything you have said with no repercussions whatsoever until you provide sufficient proof that your assumption is correct.
However, I will challenge your claim that "perfect" skin does not exist, as I have both been informed of what "perfect" skin should be like and discovered "perfect" skin myself."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: March 02, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

"There is nothing of infinite size that can be contained in a finite space.  Except black holes, maybe, which destroy information to the eye of the outside observer in any case.  Also, you have just committed the fallacy fallacy.  Just because a part of my argument might be dubious, doesn't mean my conclusions aren't correct or worthy of note.

Is it perfect for everyone?

Because if not, then it is not perfect."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:26:08 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: March 02, 2016, 05:27:30 pm »

"I have not stated your assumptions are incorrect, but I am not required to interpret them as correct without sufficient argument that the assumption they are based on is true, which is what I stated.
"Perfect" is not a subjective term, as it has a clear definition and demonstratable existence of criteria matching that definition."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:22 pm »

"Except that you are, because brains are demonstrably finite.

Citation needed."
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: March 02, 2016, 05:37:00 pm »

"I see. Recording knowledge allows for an effectively infinite amount of it to be stored other than within the brain, as entropy and the eventual death of nigh on every organic being in existence will inevitably bring about the destruction of this knowledge.
My father."
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: March 02, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »

"No, because the recording systems are not the humans who need certain knowledge to be available immediately.  For example, a surgeon that needed to look up how to perform every single movement during a surgery they are to perform would be markedly less effective than a surgeon who doesn't need to consult an external resource to know they need to do x procedure.

Also, the heat death of the universe will inevitably destroy all storage media as well.

WP:OR.  Citation needed."
Sigtext

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: March 02, 2016, 05:48:15 pm »

"...I followed that whole conversation until that EXACT point. WP:OR?"
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 507