Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 183707 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Prepare Your Classload - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #5205 on: January 12, 2016, 10:48:43 pm »

To the surprise of likely noone (except maybe Ray), this just embarrasses Lidia a WHOOOLE lot more, and she goes pretty totally red before covering her face with her hands.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:50 pm »

"...Uh...Sorry?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:13:55 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Supernatural Highschool RP - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #5207 on: January 12, 2016, 11:40:00 pm »

-snip-
Kendall is presumably on his way to the library ((and about to start a social life that doesn't involve any of the other PCs :P))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: January 13, 2016, 03:12:55 am »

Felicia, meanwhile, sits about looking grumpy.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:11 am »

((You could have her sit somewhere that NPCs could pop up in. Like the gym. Or library.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: January 13, 2016, 03:25:41 am »

((Hana/Ray/Lidia OT3 confirmed))
"I think we just made matters worse...."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: January 13, 2016, 05:19:34 am »

"You don't say..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: January 13, 2016, 06:33:15 am »

"Saying that doesn't make things any less embarrassing!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: January 13, 2016, 06:34:34 am »

Ray shrugs helplessly.
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Supernatural Highschool RP - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #5214 on: January 13, 2016, 03:28:31 pm »

"So that's how they managed to afford so much land then."

He begins pacing, slowly drifting in the general direction of the library.
"Staying as close to the grounds and those paths sounds best. No need to get tired clearing a path or hiking too deep. If any of them follow a river, that'll be real helpful since I don't think they'd bury their dead next to sources of water. Only moved here recently though, so I don't know too much about their culture.

Really don't want to run in a ghost. I might be able to fight one, but going against someone who knows the land and who, for I know, could just sneak around and magically change the route or something doesn't sound too fun. Wait, do you need anything special to even harm them? Like having to rely on magic? Or does a crowbar still work?

For food,soylent or those emergency rations survival shops sell could be a good idea. Since we can keep enough to keep up going for a few days extra easily without raising the weight too much and it won't spoil either. Probably should head to the library to check the maps now then, even if this 'we' is beginning to sound really tenuous."

He pauses again.
"Wait, what about Grayson Wing? The girl that gave the tour, you know, the fox that's 50% angel, 50% demon, and 0% actual fox, mentioned it might have a ghost wandering around. Just a rumor? Or is he actually there and a member of staff that you're not allowed to exorcise?"

"I don't know much about the people who used to be here either. Probably because they're all dead, so it'll be a learning experience for both of us. As long as we stick to the trails close to the school we'll be fine, but where's the fun in that?"

"With ghosts, the general rule is that if they can hit you then you can hit them right back. They can't be selective about which objects they want to affect or be affected by. Most kinds of magic will affect them too, and some materials can ignore their incorporeality. Silver is the classic go-to for these sorts of things since it's safe and relatively cheap, but other things can work too. It's just that they tend to be stuff like depleted uranium or highly toxic to humans. Newer ghosts tend to be easy to fight since they still think they're alive and so you can just hit them until they give in. Once they realize that they're dead and can do much more than they could alive... Well you mentioned what'll happen yourself. If you can't draw them out into a straight fight then you're going to have fun dealing with whatever tricks and traps they have set up. Given how long ago those people died..." Sens leaves it at that for now. Any spirits would have had plenty of time to devise and setup many devilish traps.

"What's the matter? You're not getting cold-feet on me now, are you? You struck me as someone braver than that, but maybe I was wrong." She shrugs and adds, "I don't know anything about a ghost in the Greyson Wing, beyond what rumours are flying about. If one does exist, then it must have been pretty sneaky to avoid everyone so far. If they do exist, they're definitely not a staff member. Now. Are we going to the library or are you still having second-thoughts?"

Laura closes her book. "Hi, and yes, I'm on your floor. Not really doing anything, so yeah, I have time."

"Excellent!" Naomi settles in next to Laura and asks, "Well? How are things going in your room? How are your roommates? I know that sometimes you end up with a complete bitch, but sometimes you get lucky! Have you all been getting along fine?"

Dave leads Esi out of the forest... surprisingly easily. Occasionally he pauses and looks around before going in the right direction again. He heads for the receptionist.

To be fair, Dave and Esi aren't terribly far into the grounds to begin with. Now Hana, Ray and Lidia on the other hand... They are certainly going to have a much harder time getting back. If Ray's Starsense was a GPS, it'd tell him to find an open area to improve its reception right about now.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: January 13, 2016, 03:37:59 pm »

"Room is fine- it's a lot, well, roomier than I was expecting. As for the roommates, don't think we've been in the same room long enough to judge. They seem fine, at least."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: January 13, 2016, 03:38:39 pm »

Magnus continues following aine
No sig yet

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: January 13, 2016, 03:40:00 pm »

"....you know, heading out into the woods of a magical school to stargaze wasn't a good idea. Ah, yes, I think that's why I followed you out here."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: January 13, 2016, 03:41:42 pm »

Dave continues looking for a telepath.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: January 13, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »

"Roomier than you were expecting? What were you expecting? I have one all to myself and I still find it far too cramped," Naomi says in the tones of someone who grew up in the lap of luxury.

"Well if you ever had any problems with your roommates, tell me at once and I'll sort them out as soon as I can. I had an absolutely terrible one in my first year, but matters have turned out so much better since then!"
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 507