Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 507

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - Describe Your Morning in Amazing Detail - [IC THREAD]  (Read 183893 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Prepare Your Classload - [IC THREAD]
« Reply #4755 on: January 08, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »

Lidia puuushes her lowered hand away.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: January 08, 2016, 09:17:12 pm »

Esi wonders why Lidia is intentionally making contact to move Esi's hand away from her side.
Black lives matter.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: January 08, 2016, 09:18:24 pm »

((Aaaaaand I'm back. Anything important happen?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: January 08, 2016, 09:51:59 pm »

On Cecelia's monitor, presumably out of view of everyone other than the other administration staff in the office (I'm presuming there's at least one other one to ensure that the desk and phone are attended when she goes to grab lunch or something) is a log of sorts. It displays the time of each consultation, the agenda and either the student's name with an image or a general physical descriptions. She add Dave to it in the latter format.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: January 08, 2016, 10:24:21 pm »

Magnus wanders into the administrator's office, most likely to ask about directions to the dorm
No sig yet

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: January 08, 2016, 10:25:44 pm »

He would find himself wordlessly greeted with a small smile and an expectant gaze.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:00 am »

Hana just stares at Esi.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: January 09, 2016, 05:42:14 am »

Cecelia makes a call to whatever sort of communication device is used by the Nurse (because 'Nurse Lovejoy' really isn't something she felt comfortable having in her mind, let alone uttering out loud).
"Um. If you aren't busy, would you mind telling me what happened earlier with that student?"
May as well be prepared in advance for the phone call, plus it's better than actually having to be in the same room as the Nurse. Hopefully. She never really did ask what was with that, nor about whether Mira monitors other members of staff, or why Algasis doesn't wear pants. Those really are far to awkward to ask, and no one really does draw attention to those either. It may just be one of those monkey and ladder situations (even if that anecdote is, ironically enough, an utter fabrication accepted as truth) that she'll get used to in time. Or sanity loss.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:44:34 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: January 09, 2016, 06:19:25 am »

The Nurse uses a phone. What a surprise.
"You never DID call me back after that one dinner we had"I attempted to run a mental scan to detect any magical or conditioned blocks after I received reports of potential mental tampering with a student. She reacted violently, so I was forced to use a bind to protect myself and other staff members from potential injury.

I did detect something rather alarming, but I am currently cross-referencing it with previous students to see if I've seen something similar on their files."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:24:47 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: January 09, 2016, 06:38:15 am »

"We work in adjacent buildings, why would I need to? Oh."
Oh good, seems that whatever that effect is, it doesn't transmit through audio alone. Not readily at any rate. Still, mental tampering and violence on the first day of class? Bindings? That's a bit extreme isn't it? Especially on the first day of classes. It seems that those with magic are also those who will use them to excess at the drop of a hat. Not that she didn't already know that of course. And pleasantly aware of her own hypocrisy for that matter.
"Does this happen often? What shall I tell her parents if they call?"
It should be 'when'. It really should be 'when'. But it seems that some people, who appear to be disproportionately represented in the supernatural community, exhibit about as much duty of care as the Breakfast Hen. Something she wasn't entirely sure she could handle, not that asking advice from someone who unironically calls themselves Lovejoy was too pleasant a prospect either.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:41:06 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: January 09, 2016, 06:46:46 am »

"Ask them about any past psychological history that I was not informed about during their application to the school."
Lovejoy, for her part, seems rather angry. Presumably because of the aforementioned tampering with the minds of her patients. Or, as Cecilia may feel, the fact that she can somewhat sense her distrust of her methods.

Yes, she MAY have been a bit jumpy with the magic, but she was still a practicing doctor, whether or not her title was indicative of such. It was abhorrent to her to have to use a magical bind, but the student was physically unharmed, and the alternative was, from reports of the student's strength, potentially lethal or at least major injuries to anyone nearby, which was....less pleasant. After all, the school had enough reason to be shut down by the nearest supernatural authority WITHOUT them receiving reports that students were able to start injuring or killing the teachers.

Of course, such matters were beyond Lovejoy's concern, for now. She needed to confirm her suspicions about Annie's mental state.

And then she needed to give a rather harsh talking to to the janitor if she was correct about them.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: January 09, 2016, 07:00:54 am »

((I am beginning to regret not having Cecelia have abilities related to draining life/minds/time/energy instead. Because it seems that everyone else physically near her has mysteriously stopped moving. It's like where people go to suddenly fall inactive :P))
"I can contact them now if you wish. I just need their name."
Huh, never heard her upset, didn't really expect someone who dresses in what appears to be a fetish outfit to get angry that readily, sure hope it isn't directed at her. Cecelia didn't exactly need anything additional to make interactions with the Nurse more uncomfortable than they already were, especially considering that she'd probably have to be in at least semi-regular communication with her, after all, someone has to inform the parents when their children get injured. Which is probably going to be rather often in between the rampant magic usage and sparring. Seriously, why is there sparring? Supernaturals don't need more incentives to resort to violence, seeing as when you give people the capacity to shank each other in the kidneys with no long term consequences, they tend to shiv each other a lot.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:04:26 am by Empiricist »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: January 09, 2016, 07:02:39 am »

((rip in pis))
You should have them in your files over there."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: January 09, 2016, 07:03:22 am »

"I don't know her name. I only saw them dragging her off during my lunch break."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: January 09, 2016, 07:06:50 am »

"Annie Rosenberg."
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 507