Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bug: [CRAZED] does not work in Arena, fine in fort mode  (Read 554 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Bug: [CRAZED] does not work in Arena, fine in fort mode
« on: December 21, 2015, 01:31:52 pm »

While trying to give orcish warlocks a spell to drive my livestock to madness and murder with [CE_ADD_TAG:CRAZED], I ran into multiple frustrations in the Arena with the syndrome applying correctly and failing to produce violence between Yaks on the same "side". Vexed, I reworked a different spell to transform goats into foul blendecs, with [CRAZED] added; the test failed again, with the new blendec becoming a rather chatty individual.

After throwing my hands in the air, I then loaded a save after adding [CRAZED] to one of my livestock animals - sure enough, it worked fine. So for anyone else trying shenanigans like this, take heart - it's not you, it's the Arena.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Zekka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bug: [CRAZED] does not work in Arena, fine in fort mode
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 01:31:44 am »

I think the arena completely forces allegiances based on faction association, to the point where tags like [CRAZED] and [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] don't work correctly.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Bug: [CRAZED] does not work in Arena, fine in fort mode
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 03:11:11 am »

Just as a note: In fort mode it is not a good idea to use CRAZED on your own citizens, because it will start a loyality cascade. Use it in conjunction with OPPOSED TO LIFE to fix this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::