Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Chaos Mode [4/4] Lost Child and Found Loot  (Read 4158 times)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Mode [4/4] First Blood
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 10:07:25 pm »

In a cave underneath the forest sits an old hag with her wand and her oraculum, which she uses aptly to spy on the magi.
"Interesting" she mutters to herself, "I hope that cat does not take all my fun away."
She turns around towards her big cauldron, which holds a bubbly green substance. She takes a glass vial and a pipette to take some droplets off the cauldron.

She looks around, but finds no suitable beast for her to test the substance. All of a sudden a worm falls on her head.
"Measly worms, I hate this place. Soon, though, soon it will be ours, ALL OF IT." With that she pours the droplets on the worm, which mutates drastically into a bigger version of it. MUCH BIGGER. Spanning 20 m in length, and honing giants maws, this beast takes its way up, to attack the magi sooner or later.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2015, 10:11:20 pm »

Fox flings his harpoon at the birdthing!
Even the avatars expire eventually.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2015, 10:15:10 pm »

If the bird survives everything else, net it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2015, 08:25:12 am »

((I knew letting people add random creatures to the game was a great idea. Also, both monsters are accepted))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 09:54:31 am »

The magi notice a slight rumbling underneath their feet, distant but constantly growing stronger.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2015, 10:01:39 am »

"Welp, this'll probably suck."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2015, 10:09:22 am »

"We should try climbing a tree once we're done with the bird.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:44 am »

"Agreed. Let us take to the skies trees after we erase the bird."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2015, 01:58:28 pm »

Fox quickly grabs the Harpoon from the loot pile. Shortly afterwards, Ketaros grabs the fishing net. The exp is shared equally between every party member but Fox, who gets no exp. The party crosses the black stream. When this is done, the troll corpse floats down the river.

All of a sudden, a large skeleton bird caws and zooms through the sky towards the party. Due to Vacuos'  quick reflexes he manages to telaport the bird near the ground. The bird crashes into the ground. This serves to make the bird angry. The bird starts to wind up for another attack but the ground starts to rumble slightly, scaring the bird off.

The party members elect to have Vacuos scout out forest from the top of near tree.

{The worm is somewhere. Where it is I will not say. Also the bird has ran away for the moment. As for the cat all I can say is...}

Spoiler: The Cat: (click to show/hide)
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:07 pm »

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the forest...
Cultist: Are you sure it's safe to try and summon a horror in a forest without any wards?
Warlock: of course it is, all we have to do is pull them through and then burn them to death. how hard could it be?..

Needless to say, a mindflayer has entered the fray.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nunzillor

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2015, 02:16:20 pm »

"YEAH, YOU BETTER RUN!" Conflagaros exclaims, setting down his weapon and proceeding to give the fleeing monster the double bird.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2015, 02:18:44 pm »

"Would you mind starting some trees on fire? Might as well confuse whatever is causing the earth to shake."

Nunzillor

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2015, 02:20:56 pm »

"WITH PLEASURE!"

Set seven trees on fire while laughing uncontrollably.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 12:27:28 pm by Nunzillor »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2015, 05:41:20 pm »

I'll climb up on one of the trees that is currently not on fire. Actually, no. I have no need of such boring things like climbing. Teleport myself to a tree top. Look for more monsters to exterminate. Once I have spotted monsters (or not), get back onto the ground and assist my jolly comrade that is currently engaging in burninating the countryside - do that by teleporting flames to other trees.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2015, 02:26:04 am »

A beautiful bikini maiden is sneaking towards Conflagaros.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 02:36:39 am by Detoxicated »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6