Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Chaos Mode [4/4] Lost Child and Found Loot  (Read 4161 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Mode [4/4] The Journey Begins
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2015, 03:19:34 pm »

"Y'know, tool use implies we could have at least attempted to talk." Fox leans on his polearm to watch.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nunzillor

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2015, 03:21:52 pm »

"I AM TALKING.  I'M TELLING THE POOR BASTARD WHERE I'M SENDING HIM!"

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 03:22:40 pm »

((I'm thinking of making the waiting list be that whoever kills a character gets first dibs to take the killed character's place. That way we won't have an inactive player get added into the game. Any Opinions?))
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »

"Tool use or not, it's a monster. It's only proper to exterminate monsters with extreme prejudice. It's for their own good."

Once Conflagaros smashes the troll, make it appear in front of me, so that I can crush its head with an overhead strike of my pole hammer.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2015, 04:40:52 pm »

The troll would probably be knocked back by the upward strike, but even so, trolls are quite heavy.
the downward strike on the other hand would be met with a mouth catching and trying to chew on the handle of the pole hammer. Don't you know not to feed the trolls Vacuos?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:42:34 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »

"Yes, scrap with the brute."

Cast poison on it from a distance.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Mode [4/4] First Blood
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 08:27:52 pm »

Ketaros, Conflagulos, and Vacuos decide to agree on something for once. KILL THE TROLL!!!!! Fox decides to stand back as a rear guard.

Hearing the charging band of heroes, the troll turns around to face the group. It has a big pink apron on with the words "Kill Kiss the Cook" embroidered on the front. With that it is clear. THE TROLL MUST DIE.

First, Conflagulos smashes the troll upward with his baseball bat, sanding the troll sky high. The troll lands face first on the ground, where vacuos begans smacking him about with his polo hammer. To finish off the deadly combo, Ketaros poisons the troll.
The Troll gets up, stumbles around a bit and falls into the murky stream where it quickly drowns and dies, its corpse leaving a flabby bridge over the vile waters.

{The Harpoon, fishing net, and apron have fallen next to the riverbank. The apron is covered slightly with the dark stream's water and looks gross but who knows? It might be useful}

{The troll will wash away in the stream after the next turn. You can not wade through the stream or it will kill you}
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2015, 08:42:15 pm »

Fox sucks up his share of the exp and attempts to claim the harpoon too.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Nunzillor

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2015, 08:43:59 pm »

Conflagaros lets the others have the loot, if they want it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2015, 08:44:33 pm »

Ketaros takes the net and crosses the trollbridge
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nunzillor

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2015, 08:46:00 pm »

Conflagaros follows. One down, about a thousand to go.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 08:52:41 pm »

Vacuos follows the rest. There's still a quite lot of these filthy monsters in need of slaughter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2015, 09:38:08 pm »

Perched on a brach, off the side of the path, hidden in the shadows. A small purple cat sits grinning. Cats aren't supposed to grin but this one most certainly is. Space near it glitches slightly for a moment as it watches its newest set of toys tromp through the woods. The one who's aura bleeds flame is its current favorite the cat decides. Space twitches again, almost as if in response. More of a writhe then anything else. The cats form contorts and slips into a realm between. It is time to simply observe for now.. A small bird nearby is traumatized for the rest of its natural lifespan. Which happens to be exactly fourteen months, twelve days, sixteen hours, and twenty three seconds from the present moment. A fact it has become distinctly aware of despite its otherwise nonexistent intellect normally not being capable of processing abstract concepts. It sits there trembling. Too many eyes and far far too many mouths. Birds were never meant to see such a thing. Most certainly not Songbirds of all things.

The bird twitches and its vision goes red. Or more specifically, space around it twitches. The wet sound of bones snapping can be heard as its form convulses and grows. As it reaches the size of a small pig, its growth stops and the flesh begins to knit rapidly, lost feathers forming once more, not as fluffy feathers, but as razor sharp shelves of bone. Its beak is less a beak and more an openable spear with a tongue in it. The Bonesparrow flaps its now heavy wings experimentally before taking flight. Directly towards the party of Magi and with blood on its mind. It's probably best to not try petting the rather speedy razor sharp bird. It's also probably not the most durable of things. Being a bird and all. Wings tend to be rather major weakpoints for birds.

Spoiler: The Cat: (click to show/hide)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2015, 09:52:53 pm »

If the Bonesparrow is GM-approved, Vacuos will attempt to use his spell to make the bird appear just milimeters before the ground (in a spot a bit away from us). Momentum should take care of the rest. Should it survive, break off its wings.

Nunzillor

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2015, 09:58:50 pm »

The monstrosity reminded Conflagaros again why these monsters had to die.  He blasted it with a basic fireball.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6