Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How to Progress the Game?

Move onto the Next Day and Begin Classes.
- 14 (33.3%)
Introduce NPCs to Socialize with.
- 10 (23.8%)
Some Other Idea (which I'll undoubtedly inform you all about).
- 7 (16.7%)
I just selected this option because it existed.
- 11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 210

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - There Will Be Blood(y Text) - [OOC THREAD]  (Read 142237 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Supernatural Highschool RP - [OOC THREAD]
« Reply #75 on: December 21, 2015, 06:15:05 pm »

yet
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2015, 06:15:53 pm »

Well yes of course it's 'yet', it's always yet for everyone's characters...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 06:16:05 pm »

And Ray looks good. People seem to hold this grudge against TBF.
its because he's the bigger fish

we all want to be the biggest fish in the pond

but we can never reach that lofty title with him around
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2015, 06:18:06 pm »

y e t
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2015, 06:18:41 pm »

Well yes of course it's 'yet', it's always yet for everyone's characters...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2015, 06:19:07 pm »

yet
Black lives matter.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2015, 06:19:46 pm »

.....I'm not quoting that again, SB.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2015, 06:20:58 pm »

Well, yeah, just like your character may turn out to be a Sokka expy, or mine may be Carran in disguise.

Like everyone said, of course it's 'yet', I'm just... somewhat wary, based on his previous characters :P

Of course, he may well blow our mind with how different Ray is, who knows? Neither of us, thats for fucking sure.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

[slowly steps backwards down stairs labeled "Hell"]
yet
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2015, 06:24:03 pm »

Of course, he may well blow our mind with how different Ray is, who knows? Neither of us, thats for fucking sure.
...Heck, not even me.

I might actually change up the classes, but there's no master course list at all so I don't know what I'd change the classes TO.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2015, 06:58:54 pm »

The setting part confuses me: Do most people agree that magic probably DOES exist, but governments/Inquisition keep it an open secret at most, or WOULD most people agree there was magic if not for the governments/Inquisition keeping it totally secret?

I took it to mean that most people agree magic and such exists, but it is not officially acknowledged by the government.

What Twinwolf said. Most people agree that magic exists, but it's not something that you'll see on every street corner just yet. Governments and the Inquisition are doing their best to suppress that sort of thing for now. But if you know a guy who knows a guy, it's easy to get your hands on magic wands, a pet wyvern and junk like that.

Also, what is the existence of gods/mythologies of various religions here in this setting: Are there no gods, or, like... is it one of those multi-pantheon settings where basically everything is true to some extent, or somewhere in between? I was planning on making a personification of the Deadly Sin of Envy.

I somewhat doubt a literal deity would be allowed.

I haven't decided on that yet, so... Let me consult the RNG and cook up something.

Alright. The RNG says that all religions are wrong but the gods still exist. They're just completely different from what humans think they are. So you won't have any fights between Ra and Thor any time soon, unfortunately. All gods serve underneath the Pantokrator, which is basically the mightiest god in existence due to co-opting all of the world's religions to channel their generated belief to him. So he's technically YWNH, Buddha, Vishnu and so on.  He also implemented the Masquerade and Inquisition to stop people from worshipping demons and the like, since he'd be less powerful otherwise.

Unfortunately the Pantokrator is also kind of an over-spoiled dick. He likes to play 'jokes' on his fellow gods or imprison them for all eternity due to perceived slights and challenges. If the gods had a choice then they certainly wouldn't be following him, but if they don't then they'd either be smushed by his powers or starve to death from a lack of followers. As such, the Pantokrator sending one or more his disciples to a school for supernatural beings and sapping them of most of their powers is well within the range of what he would do.

The good news is that the Pantokrator has been getting rather bored of ruling Heaven recently, which is part of the reason why the Masquerade has fallen apart so much. The bad news is that if the Pantokrator decided to stop ruling, it'd be a total bloodbath as the various deities supercharge themselves with the newly freed belief floating around and start fighting for his place. As such, being confined to a school for the supernatural in Ohio is pretty worrying for the average diety, since they have no idea what's going on up in heaven.

Does that sound good or is it too creative for a game like this?

hmm, is this the time to play the shameless Penny expy I always wanted to play, I wonder...

Probably not. This is not going to be a serious game in the slightest Because those aren't nearly as popular.

Hm. Is there an actual masquerade to uphold in the school itself?

Nope. Nor on the grounds, since they're so expansive and the school is isolated from civilization. On field trips to the mundane world you'll have to keep your abilities to yourself... But unless you do something that gets into the news, nobody cares what you do. Everyone is well aware of how flimsy the Masquerade is.

I might actually change up the classes, but there's no master course list at all so I don't know what I'd change the classes TO.

I'll make a master list once the IC thread is up. Plus you'll be able to change your classes around until we get to them, so don't worry. You have plenty of time.

Also: Can we at least wait for the game to start before ganging up on TBF's character? Like Elf and everyone else has pointed out, we have no idea how their character will act. As such it's too early for wild accusations to start flying around. Despite the fact that this isn't a serious game at all, can we at least show a little maturity here and not start such stupid arguments?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2015, 07:01:57 pm »

...That's actually really cool, and there's no such thing as "too creative".

And what kind of RNG gave you that?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2015, 07:02:57 pm »

It's simple:

0 - Generic, every religion is right setting.
1 - Crib off of another setting.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2015, 07:03:48 pm »

what kind of god-worship is allowed at school if said deity is a student
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2015, 07:05:22 pm »

Hmmm, what I had as the original backstory concept for Lidia was being originally part of a weapon-making effort on the part of Hell (not actual WARRING though, because they couldn't quite pull that off), in which they made several beings like her, at which point they screwed up and released the sin-personifications, freely thinking and largely independent of any allegiance whatsoever to Hell, into the actual world.

How close to that could I get?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 210