Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How to Progress the Game?

Move onto the Next Day and Begin Classes.
- 14 (33.3%)
Introduce NPCs to Socialize with.
- 10 (23.8%)
Some Other Idea (which I'll undoubtedly inform you all about).
- 7 (16.7%)
I just selected this option because it existed.
- 11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210

Author Topic: Red Moons Academy - There Will Be Blood(y Text) - [OOC THREAD]  (Read 142149 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Red Moons Academy - Prepare Your Classload - [OOC THREAD]
« Reply #2235 on: January 12, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »

I'm personally expecting something to distort positional perception or intercept teleports. Firstly, because that sounds like what a generic haunted forest would do. Secondly because it seems highly likely that those who starved to death were people with the ability to teleport or escape easily as they would be the ones with the least supplies as they would be expecting to be able to leave easily, plus even if it wasn't the case, it seems odd that teleporters couldn't rescue the missing people before they starved. Especially considering half the staff seem to be able to teleport as an ability. Thirdly, because I am of course hoping it all goes FUBAR and before you know it, all the PCs are stuck in the middle of a forest, running away from an ER-style magical overload they dropped on a horde of ghouls.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 13, 2016, 11:12:02 am »

Can you stop reading my mind Emp? That'd be great.

Anyways, I'm sorry for binging on video games and not replying to anything yesterday. I'm not sorry. Anything I missed or should reply to?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 13, 2016, 12:23:44 pm »

Can you stop reading my mind Emp? That'd be great.
Fine, I'll go fetch my tinfoil hat :P

Anything I missed or should reply to?
Laura responded to Naomi. Kendall is awaiting Sen's reply. And we need clarification on whether or not Ray can determine his position relative to the school using Starsense (or maintain the impression that he can).

EDIT: Now with links to the reply posts.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 01:28:58 pm by Empiricist »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 13, 2016, 02:18:58 pm »

Thank you very much. I'll get right on that.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 13, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »

*Adjusts tinfoil hat* I figure there's a pretty fair chance that instead of being homicidal, the angry murder ghosts are actually...

• A: Massive tsunderes. They've had at least a century or so to get over their deaths but for whatever reason want to stay in the world of the living. They are compulsively tsundere as they need to maintain a certain amount of irrational anger to remain. So they will probably guide people they run into out of the forest because "I'm just guiding you to get you idiots off my grave faster, it's not like I like any of you or something. *menacing corona of hellfire that is actually the ghostly equivalent of a luminiscent blush*".
Or
  • B: Japanese gameshow enthusiasts. Sure they could murder the living with traps, but that's boring. So instead, they choose to torment the living by tricking them through distorting the layout of the forest and well-placed sound effects into running into and through gaudily painted gauntlets while someone redubs over all their voices. Sure it might seem like a spooky haunted forest for the first hour or so, but then the balsawood boulders will start tumbling down and someone will start playing Firebrand.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 13, 2016, 05:37:28 pm »

or they're just normal fucking ghosts, i.e. mad about dying but fine otherwise
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 13, 2016, 05:38:16 pm »

Nah, it's B

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 13, 2016, 06:04:09 pm »

ray and lidia, literally sitting in a tree

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 13, 2016, 06:05:31 pm »

ray and lidia, literally sitting in a tree
S-H-I-P-P-I-N-G.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 13, 2016, 06:12:20 pm »

you forgot hana

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 13, 2016, 08:15:43 pm »

Well, she wasn't THEN...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 14, 2016, 01:44:58 pm »

Welp, I'll be going on vacation tomorrow and won't be back for a fortnight. So in the interest of not returning to find that Kendall's either comatose in the infirmary or become some sort of stalker who now just explores the forest, using screws to find traps and vodka to ward off ghosts, I'll just write up what the hell he'll be doing in the background.
  • Socially interact. Probably more with friendly NPCs, seeing as the PCs he normally speaks to have odd choices in conversation topics.
  • Do homework and study during the lunch break (he's got time since he usually just drinks soylent instead of eating solid food for lunch) and in the evenings. Main strength is in maths since he actually cares about it, as opposed to say, English and History. Not too bad at his electives either (best elective would probably be business or physics, worst elective would be chemistry).
  • Continue practice hitting things with swords.

Cecelia shouldn't be too hard to automate. It's not like she talks much, or fills any administrative function other than "make calls, answer calls, answer questions, give forms, fill forms, fill paperwork". She hasn't really used her abilities at all and shouldn't have much reason to use them either, seeing as they're combat-oriented.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:51:13 pm by Empiricist »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 14, 2016, 02:05:20 pm »

Given the type of people who infest the game, I think that chances are that you'll return to find Kendall married to Sens, Hana and Dave and living in a free love commune in South America.

Thanks for informing us ahead of time about your vacation. It's good to know what he'll be doing in the background.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 14, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »

Well in that case, my next character for these kinds of RPs will an inanimate object. Not even sentient or sapient one either. Just a mindless, motionless object and presumably, it will end up legally married to at least one person in spite of that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: January 14, 2016, 03:15:18 pm »

Given the type of people who infest the game, I think that chances are that you'll return to find Kendall married to Sens, Hana+Lidia+Ray, and Dave, and living in a free love commune in South America.
FTFY.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 210