Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Executions (On a Ship)  (Read 2369 times)

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Executions (On a Ship)
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:09:00 pm »

In my new Fort I'm making a ship. I've decided that I want every prison cell to have a way to execute the dwarf if I so choose, or I can recruit and station a dwarf I don’t like to be executed the same way. The idea is since I'm going to conserve space(it is a ship remember, although its gonna be pretty big) each jail cell will only be a few cells big, with a lever outside it. There will be a chain and an open space. If the trap doesn't work (i.e. the prisoner is on the same cell as his chain) I'll pull the lever and redo it. My ideas so far:

1. Crushed: A bridge comes down on the prisoners head. Straightforward I believe.

2. Spiked: A set of spikes(you can place more than one per block right?) is attached to a lever. As I understand the first pull of the lever will bring the spikes down, the second up. I think this is self explanatory.

3. The Monster Pit: One block of the Prison is a bridge that’s retracted, dropping the prisoner into a small pit with some nasty critter.

4. The Drop Pit(1): The prisoner is dropped a z-level by a bridge retracting and is dropped 1 z-level into a 1 block pit of darkness until he wastes away.

5. The Drop Pit(2): The same as above but enough z-levels to mangle the unhappy dwarf, but not kill him.

6. The Drop Pit(3): Another dropping, this time there is a vertical tunnel going all the way to the ocean. If he can swim to shore he won’t be let back on.

7. The Drop Pit(4): This time the prisoner is dropped far enough on a solid surface to kill him.

8. Prison Cell of Drowning: The cell is simply filled with water and the prisoner drowns.

I plan on implementing all of these, and I would like some more ideas. Please give any suggestions, and I will implement them if possible. Please try and conserve space. I can go anywhere from a 1*2 to 2*2, and If its a really good idea I'll make it even bigger.

What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
Re: Executions (On a Ship)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 05:15:00 pm »

Maybe sort of a noose? If they're bound in chains, then dropped with the chains still connected to the wall would THAT work?
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

zagibu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 05:16:00 pm »

You forgot the raisable bridge catapult. If you can somehow get magma into the ship, it could also be used for further traps, like the obvious burning, the more elaborate steaming, or the very exceptional booze bomb.
99 barrels of beer in the pile
99 barrels of beer!
If some dwarves know the way to the pile
0 barrels of beer in the pile!

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:18:00 pm »

It's not small enough for a 2*2 room, but you could construct some fortifications into the cells, build a ballista nearby and use the prisoners as target practice for your siege operators. If you construct the fortifications in multiple cells all in a line, perhaps you could execute multiple dwarves in different cells at the same time.

Joseph Miles

• Bay Watcher
  • DF isn't a game, its a way of life!
    • View Profile
    • http://bugger92.proboards91.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

Or, building off that idea, you could have the one dwarf in the cell set to berserk with DC and have a firing squad trained on him.
Cog - He's the new Urist.
Yes they are a bunch of drunken unstable retards, but they're MY drunken unstable retards, and I will take care of them.
It could be worse, that cat could be alive.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »

If I find hidden magma I'll try to find a way to burn them/steam them. I have another although space intensive.
A fortifcation, the cell, a balista.
F = fortifcation, - = wall B= balista x=floor c=chain
code:
 ---|
BFxxc|
---|

I wish I had carp on this map, but I dont.

uses alot of space though cause balistas are big.

Edit: Ryo posted this before me.

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: Onlyhestands ]

What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 05:23:00 pm »

Nice idea! [=)

code:

BBB#########
BB>+.+.+.+.#
BBB#D#D#D#D#

BBB
BB> - ballista facing right
BBB

D - door
+ - fortification

[ May 26, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 05:36:00 pm »

Your on a ship right?  Then how about making troublesome dwarves walk the plank?  You can make a retractle bridge of the side of the ship over the water.  Station the dwarf there and pull the lever.  There you have it.  One dwarf drowning in the sea.
t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 05:41:00 pm »

I though of a new Idea. Sorry for my bad code, I'm new at it

code:
Z+2
.    .
. .. .
.    .
z+1
######
#    #
# cs.d
# ...#l
######
c=chain
s=support
l=lever

This one takes up a ton of space. Bassically the support is pulled dropping the floor on the prisoner.

Ryo

• Bay Watcher
  • Store item in stockpile
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

Wouldn't that just knock out the dwarves? Not that that's a bad thing, torturing dwarves fun too. You could also drop a few corpses and remains into their cells, just to make their lives (What's left of them, at least) more unpleasant  ;)

Ghostpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:54:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Onlyhestands:
<STRONG>I though of a new Idea. Sorry for my bad code, I'm new at it

code:
Z+2
.    .
. .. .
.    .
z+1
######
#    #
# cs.d
# ...#l
######
c=chain
s=support
l=lever

This one takes up a ton of space. Bassically the support is pulled dropping the floor on the prisoner.</STRONG>

There is another, simplier way to drop floors on dwarves.  

code:
Z+2
____
|###|
|# #|
|###|
¯¯¯¯¯
Z+1
_____
|***|
|* *|
|***|
¯¯¯

# = grate
_|¯ = wall
* = channel

Basically you construct a floor in the middle of the grates and the constructed floor drops because it is not supported by anything.  Grates apparantly don't count as support but allow you to construct floors.  So you really only need one grate for this to work as long as long as the constructed floor is not touching any walls but I like the surrounding grates for asthetic purposes.  Also to get the dwarf onto the middle platform past the channeled ground I suggest using a retractable bridge.

t''s so sad.  It''s as if De Beers as invaded Dwarf Fortress.  I nearly cried when I saw how valued and rare diamonds were in Dwarf Fortress.

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Ghostpaw:
<STRONG>Your on a ship right?  Then how about making troublesome dwarves walk the plank?  You can make a retractle bridge of the side of the ship over the water.  Station the dwarf there and pull the lever.  There you have it.  One dwarf drowning in the sea.</STRONG>

I'm planning on that too but I want to execute dwarves who are prissoners.

Thanks for the dropping using grates., thats alot easier and space saving than my idea.

Kidiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 04:20:00 pm »

Just drop the in a maze that is filled with nasties, traps and pseudo-random opening and closing floodgates. If they can find their way back out, they may survive in the wilderness from spoiled goods that may or may not be propelled out of the ship.
Veni, Vidi, Pompeii.
Soylent Green is kittens!
Sometimes, when my Dorfs are exceptionally stupid again, I wonder what exactly the [INTELLIGENT]-tag does.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »

I think you should do the drop into the ocean.  If they can survive the ocean you should let them back on.  Think of it as a trial by fire(water?)
Shoes...

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 05:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kidiri:
<STRONG>Just drop the in a maze that is filled with nasties, traps and pseudo-random opening and closing floodgates. If they can find their way back out, they may survive in the wilderness from spoiled goods that may or may not be propelled out of the ship.</STRONG>

If I have the space I will.

quote:
Originally posted by Cthulhu:
<STRONG>I think you should do the drop into the ocean.  If they can survive the ocean you should let them back on.  Think of it as a trial by fire(water?)</STRONG>

yes, but only for minor crimes.

Is 50 tiles long enough for a ship? never built one before.

Pages: [1] 2