Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Fuck dwarves.  (Read 5741 times)

Fenrir

Re: Fuck dwarves.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 11:06:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kagus:
<STRONG>We can always hope...

Speaking of which, what would we do with the children, provided any snatchers are successful?  Train them at the kennels into war dwarves?  Their bites are certainly strong enough.</STRONG>

They should become part of the community and work like any other kobold.
quote:
<STRONG>And what of the loot kobolds bring back?  They can't wear any of the stuff...  What would they pick up that might actually be useful?</STRONG>

I wonder why kobolds steal that stuff.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

Do the gobbos eat fish/seafood? What about bones or meat from sentient life such as humans/elves/dwarves?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 11:14:00 pm »

They will most likely eat seafood.  Anything that bleeds, essentially.

And the sentient comment brought something to mind...  You need to remove the [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD] tag from other races!  That way, after an attack, you could chop up the corpses for extra goodies!

An what do you mean you can't farm muck roots?    I've had thriving farms with rat weed and bloated tubers, you just need to grab the first sample from the wilderness, the rest you can farm.

Another interesting thought:  Who launches sieges against goblins?  Other goblins?

Fenrir

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »

Why is there a [BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD] tag anyway? If you remove it from the dwarf definition will butchers chop up the fallen before anyone goes to bury them? Will butchers chop up buried dwarves?

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

Huh. Well, I haven't been able to farm muck roots yet, it doesn't appear on the farm crops list anyway. I'll see if I can find a sample and try it.
Don't know yet if they'll eat bones from sentient things. They won't butcher kobold corpses, we'll see if they eat the bones when the corpses rot.

By the way, does anyone know if animals still breed when in chains? I know they won't in cages, but if chains work that would make things a lot more convenient for my mass slaughterhouse.

Slave to Hogfroth - God of Muck

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 11:51:00 pm »

Well....  It's under debate.  Nobody's really sure.

As for the butchering, I'm not really sure what all they'll eat or not eat.  I have no idea if a dwarf will eat the meat of another dwarf, but I'm pretty sure you can't butcher the live ones without using the dwarf companion.

You can try sticking animals in chains.  See if it works for you.

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 01:52:00 am »

Oh god, this game is hilarious when all your workers have "He is very quick to anger" (goblins have different personalities from dwarves).

A stoneworker was unhappy, so he sought out the leader (a Very Strong, Very Agile Clerk) and yelled at him. The leader got an unhappy thought from being yelled at, threw a tantrum, and beat the stoneworker to death.

Now THAT'S management.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 02:32:00 am »

o.O;;

Whoa! Can someone give a link to how to set up your own goblin fortress?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2008, 02:34:00 am »

Not much required for a basic setup.  Just add the [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to goblins in the "entity_civ.txt" file.

At least I think that's what he's using, I don't know if he's tweaked anything else.

Reign on your Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2008, 02:46:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Helmaroc:
<STRONG>Let's be prepared for Armok to come and say kobolds are better than everything else.</STRONG>

Why wait for armok? Kobolds own everything. Ever. AT ALL.

ou''re just as free to state your opinion as I am free to completely disregard it.

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2008, 02:49:00 am »

I made a separate install of DF, opened up entity_default.txt in the raws folder, cut [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] from the "mountain entity" list (dwarves) and pasted it into the "evil entity" list (goblins), and generated a new world.

niltrias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gaijinninjas.com
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2008, 02:52:00 am »

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Kagus:
   We can always hope...

Speaking of which, what would we do with the children, provided any snatchers are successful? Train them at the kennels into war dwarves? Their bites are certainly strong enough.

Roast them alive! stew them in a pot! fry them, boil them, eat them hot! till beards blaze and eyes glaze, skin cracks and bones black...
etc etc.
That's what real goblins do with dwarves.

Gero! Gero! Bwahahahaha!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2008, 02:59:00 am »

Soo...  We send out a raiding party so we can get one dwarf meal?  Seems a bit odd.  I say we capture a breeding pair, and then start preparing them with a variety of recipes.  Cooking at home is easier than having to order out for each and every one.

Sliver barbs!  That's what those evil little plants are called...  Gutter cruor and black dye for everyone!

They only grow in evil environments, by the way.  You'll still want to grow other things though, because gutter cruor is about as foul a drink as sewer brew and swamp whiskey.  Tuber beer is slightly less abrasive to the tongue.

But then again, these are goblins we're talking here...

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02:00 am »

I’m building an execution tower at the moment, for when I capture humans/dwarves/elves with cage traps. It’s going to be a tower with a balcony and a “pit” designation above a small hole in the ground going straight down into the magma. I’ll stick some statues around the hole and make it a statue garden, so my off-duty goblins can hang around and watch some executions for their amusement.

Furious Fish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 03:04:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>I say we capture a breeding pair, and then start preparing them with a variety of recipes.  Cooking at home is easier than having to order out for each and every one.</STRONG>

Oh my GOD, I so have to see if this is possible. The idea of having my entire fortress fed on a diet of babies is too awesome not to try.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4