Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Other Forum Gaming Forums  (Read 943 times)

drumsinthedeep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Other Forum Gaming Forums
« on: December 19, 2015, 11:12:48 pm »

I was thinking of running a game that involves multiple forums at once, and I was wondering if anyone knew of other forums with forum games sections? Preferably ones that are active. Thanks in advance.

edit: accidentally pressed the enter key. Whoops.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 11:14:30 pm by drumsinthedeep »

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Other Forum Gaming
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:14:16 pm »

nobody has ever done this in the history of bay12

but what do you mean?

drumsinthedeep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Other Forum Gaming Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 11:15:52 pm »

I'm thinking like, two or three forums that are playing the "same game", and then they would run into each other in-game and the players would interact with each other but from the different forums.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:01 pm »

GameBoyBlue tried to do this.

I think he meant run the same forum game on different forums asking if anyone knew of other popular forums with a forum games section
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 11:19:10 pm »

what forums did you have in mind
for maximum comedic value, include /tg/ with anons controlling random characters. Other forums may be GiantITP or maybe even Facepunch

drumsinthedeep

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »

what forums did you have in mind
for maximum comedic value, include /tg/ with anons controlling random characters. Other forums may be GiantITP or maybe even Facepunch
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ That's why I'm asking! :P

Hehe, that's a good idea. Thanks for those suggestions. I also found one called Sufficient Velocity, which seems pretty good.

I dunno about actually running the game though. Who knows if that'll ever happen. Thanks though!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »

My usual gaming forum is Chocolate Pi's Game Design. It is the official place for residents of the MS Paint Adventures forum to play forum games. It is plenty active; and would be 100% perfect if you actually read Homestuck. 90% perfect even if you haven't.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.