Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 3:Welcome Home  (Read 32606 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Symphony of the Void: A God Game (↯/⊕): Tick 0: Awaken
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2015, 04:08:50 am »

"Sleep isn't the most efficient trait. Although it does aid subconscious sorting."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2015, 06:13:12 am »

"If I remember correctly, the conflict began because people were praying to you to make the nightmares end. Many were losing sleep from his nightmare plague, including my own worshippers."
"Well, a thousand years without my aid probably has had them fight against nightmares on their own...wait, I need to check something. A thousand years...how much power...?"

Aurosseu checks out the most powerful Walker.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2015, 08:12:23 am »

The frozen surface of a moon in furthest corners of the universe begin to crack. Slowly, silently for the absence of athmosphere,  the ice breaks, reveling a huge, white form, sretching under the glaciers. Then suddenly, the ice explodes, revealing a winged umanoid, slowly ascending on the moon surface. what is this noise? he tought, stretching his wings, numb for the aeons of sleep.

Then he heard. Voices of gods from the dephts of space made him curious. It has been so long since he talked to another of his kind...
Rapidly, he flapped his wings and reached the other gods, following their voices. When he was near them he spoke

Greetings. I am Khionides, god of cold. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking? he aked in cold, polite voice.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2015, 08:29:03 am »

((Just for the new players. Current state of the physical universe:

Three large fragments of a shattered torus world orbit a central star. The star is a massive pillar, extending indefinitely in either direction. Smaller fragments, a major cluster of smaller fragments and one small moon orbit within the inner ring, providing a pseudonight cycle. The major cluster is not actually that big, more along the lines of sky islands then anything else. The moon is populated primarily by tiny ants and even tinier wolves. The side of the shattered Torus that is closer to the sun is considerably hotter, especially where parts of the mantle are exposed due to the rending of the torus during creation. The backside tends to be considerably colder.))

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2015, 09:12:22 am »

"Ai-ai-ar-cii Lauxal was my enemy I fought a secret cold war with, but now that I think of it, I feel it was quite pointless. Nightmares are Dreams too, after all, why did I think they were mutually exclusive or something? Lauxal, how would you say we bury the hatchet?"
"Perhaps."

"Aww...Your sure? There's all kinds of interesting stuff in here!"
You are only seeing the things I'm thinking of to distract you while I kick your creepy incorporeal ass out of my head!
"I'm so close to finding the source of your anger."
Images of burning yards and dead owls appear around Utther.
"Ooo. This is an interesting thought back here."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:43:38 pm by Ama »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2015, 09:20:55 am »

You are only seeing the things I'm thinking of to distract you while I kick your creepy incorporeal ass out of my head!
"Cease provocation. It is predictable. The worse has been beaten to death and back with the oldest stick in the glen."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2015, 09:35:08 am »

With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?
"I am the spark that points you towards a goal. I am that which gives you the strength to keep trying to reach it. I am the headache you get when you think too hard how to reach it. I am who you curse when it all stops making sense. I am the idea borne of an idle thought that is just crazy enough to work. I am Aurosseu."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2015, 09:36:43 am »

"Do I recall correctly that you are God of Dreams?
Or... Were... Or may still be... Or who really knows."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2015, 09:43:33 am »

"Yes, you do remember correctly. I'm trying to do an impression here, Dgetga. Let me have my moment. Please."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2015, 10:07:21 am »

"Cease provocation. It is predictable. The worse has been beaten to death and back with the oldest stick in the glen."
"Fiiiiine."
The images shall poof out of existence and Lauxal shall appear next to Aurosseu.
"What impression are you trying to do, oh fellow Dreamer?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2015, 10:13:12 am »

"A second impression, of course! Isn't it obvious enough?"

Someone paying close attention might notice a form rolling its eyes within Aurosseu's smoke.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2015, 10:26:23 am »

"Ai-ai-ar-cii Lauxal was my enemy I fought a secret cold war with, but now that I think of it, I feel it was quite pointless. Nightmares are Dreams too, after all, why did I think they were mutually exclusive or something? Lauxal, how would you say we bury the hatchet?"
"If I remember correctly, the conflict began because people were praying to you to make the nightmares end. Many were losing sleep from his nightmare plague, including my own worshippers."
"Her. If your going to talk bad about me at least use my correct gender."

"Also the nightmares were a gift. Its not my fault if everyone could not deal with them."

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2015, 11:22:03 am »

Khionides gives both god a puzzled look. The universe apparently got stranger since he went to sleep...but considering that  the universe was just born at the time it wasn't that big of an achievement. And you are... he says, talking to the other being appearing at Aurosseu's side. While he asks that question however his mind is already racing. Dreams mean emotions. Emotions mean mortals.  And mortals mean test subject. The smallest simrk forms on his face while he thinks of the possibilities. This new cycle is going to be very interesting.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2015, 12:01:06 pm »

Proposal for fellow gods. Co-operate on project to drill for True Magic. Interest? Agreement?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2015, 12:10:19 pm »

"Interested, I suppose.  But first we need to get our affairs in order."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19