Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 13108 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2016, 03:30:14 am »

The last few days here have been unusually warm this would make a nice change from the frequent rain if it still wasn't extremely humid. There is so much water in the air sweat doesn't evaporate it just sits there covering you. I'm beginning to miss the rain.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2016, 02:49:36 am »

Had some unpleasant winds lately, but today was lovely, sunny and busy business-wise.
And now the day ends w/ rain! :))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2016, 06:21:26 am »

Hey hey hey it's raining and stuff.
The sound is mixing weirdly with the sounds of the neighbour kids and the weird music they're playing over there.
Maybe I'm just tired, so it seems weirder than it is. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2016, 11:25:47 pm »

Sorry for the triple-post, but it is WAY TOO HOT to be bothered trawling the forums to find the slightly-more-recent Weather thread when I could just look in my created topics and find this one right away instead.

Did I mention it is REALLY HOT? Because it is. I mean, I like the heat so it's not so bad, but damn I am sweating a lot.
Good-bye, electrolytes.

Edit: Huh, apparently it's only 29 degrees! It's humid as heck, though, to make up for it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:27:18 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2016, 01:19:48 am »

This has been the warmest autumn I've ever experienced. 10-20 degrees above historical average (the idiot american ones, keep your shirt on) almost every day, and no frost.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2016, 08:15:35 am »

We had snow, Wednesday morning (got pebble-dashed round the ankles by a gritter, Tuesday night), and it's warmed a big but I've never seriously considered going out of an evening without gloves, even if I didn't use them, not heing nesh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2016, 08:18:13 am »

According to Google, it's still 23 degrees here as the time nears midnight, but the humidity is ninety percent.
I'm not entirely sure what that means, but I think I can believe it given how warm it still is at this hour.
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2016, 01:22:22 am »

And Trump is denying climate change exists.

Arrrrgh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2016, 01:27:40 am »

GET YOUR FILTHY POLITICS OUT OF HERE, AMERICAN DOG! I'M NOT LOSING ANOTHER THREAD TO THE TRUMP DELUGE

...*Ahem* :P Sorry.
In more on-topic news, a huge ol' thunderstorm seems like it's about to break here. Been getting severe weather warnings for a couple of days. This should be lovely. I'm drenched with sweat at the moment. Could well lose power, so if you somehow noticing me lurking around less than usual, that's probably why. Or I'm napping.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2016, 09:32:01 pm »

Well my weather thread is further back so I'll just bump this one.

Yesterday 2.9 Celsius.

Today 8.5 Celsius.

Tomorrow 20.1 Celsius.

Day After 0.7 Celsius.

What the hell, I mean, seriously, just what the hell?

Go home, atmosphere, you're drunk.

Note, the gif was snapped before I noticed the times weren't the same like the links are, hence the differences.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2016, 09:40:10 pm »

Welcome to polar vortexes, a consequence of anthropocentric climate change. This is our normal now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2016, 10:09:11 pm »

There was also RedKings weather thread though.

Welcome to polar vortexes, a consequence of anthropocentric climate change. This is our normal now.

Do we know how common it did this in the past though? Just good to have a benchmark to work from to see if this is different from normal.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2016, 11:30:25 pm »

Uh, I think this is due to the ENSO cycle flipping negative if anything, and the warmth spurt washed up from the gulf, this has nothing to do with climate change. Just drunk weather.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2016, 07:50:02 pm »

There was also RedKings weather thread though.

Do we know how common it did this in the past though? Just good to have a benchmark to work from to see if this is different from normal.
This popped up in my head (besides missing RedKing's thread) but I was also wondering if this was just a "if weird winter weather==polar vortex!" type of reaction or what. The polar vortex is just a name for the low pressure systems at the poles, weaker or distrupted behavior of this system can lead to "drips" of cool air down across the middle latitudes which lead to the initial "IT'S THE POLAR VORTEX STRIKING BACK" type of stories over the last few years, but from what I can find there are no stories linking this blob of warm air to the polar vortex, or even really discussing it.

Cold blasts of air from up north have happened off and on long before anyone thought to call it global warming, but warm spells from the south being attributed to the polar vortex? That's new for me.

It did make me curious about what the pressure looked like up there, so here's a montage of our "New Normal" if anyone's interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought it was pretty interesting watching it progress along as it did/should, and you can see the big low pressure system over the north pacific which was disrupting the polar low pressure system before the one carrying the blob of warm air across me swung up around there with it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2017, 11:07:21 am »

I just wanted to say that it is not snowing here. It is not even threatening to snow here, on the forecasts. I decided to point this out as there are various warnings (and already apparently some instances) of heavy snowfall across the country, but it's not happening here, so it must be notable that it is not for me.

(It has also only been a bit breezy, no violent winds. That was another thing. This may change, but looks as unlikely.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10