Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 13626 times)

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2016, 04:19:31 pm »

This thread needs some attention.

This week has been BIZARRE... it all started on Tuesday. I live with my sister, and her daughter was really scared and hid in the bathroom... of course, we were expecting hail, but there wasn't any. There was also a tornado watch. My sister had to stay with her all the time...
Wednesday and Thursday were sunny days... but today is a cloudy day. There's another tornado watch today...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2016, 05:09:22 pm »

The week's weather here has been kinda shite.
Either miserably rainy, windy enough to mess up my hair to an unacceptable level... or, when I was lying in bed sick, nice and sunny. :-\
There's no justice. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »

I've learned that despite stereotypes to the contrary my home region is much rainier than the UK
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2016, 01:53:46 am »

Pretty dramatic weather here today, with a lot of wind.
Apparently there is a "gale warning" for an area Southeast of here. It was feeling almost cyclonic for a moment earlier.
Now it smells like it's going to rain... nice, I don't have anything to do today or tomorrow so I can enjoy it.

Just so long as it clears up before $5 burrito day, the weather can be as wild as it pleases. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2016, 06:20:30 am »

So much cloud/rain...  I don't even.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

Yesterday it's sunny, and now it's stormy.
Texas weather...
Rubidium has RETURNED!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2016, 09:33:28 pm »

Was supposed to pick up my new car at 6:00pm today. We had Tornado Sirens at 4:30pm, torrential down pours, random acts of up to baseball-sized hail and jolly flash flooding pretty much up until 7:30. Flash flooding is ongoing, obviously.

Totally not the day to pick that up it seems. At least they had the sense already to put it in a garage bay when I'd called them to say I wasn't going to be picking it up as planned. Cause if I go pick it up tomorrow and there's new hail damage....we're gonna have to renegotiate all over again.

Had the first tornado in my memory in this town (like 20+ years) touch down about 2 miles from my mom's house. Gave my neighbor a ride to the auto parts store because she was about bike there in this shit. She quickly realized how bad of an idea that was when grape-sized hail started pelting my car while she was inside and while we were driving back.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2016, 03:14:03 pm »

Rain.  Rain sucks.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »

The rain earlier this week was lovely, and a respite from the hayfevery eyes that I'm back to suffering from.

And I can't stand heat...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2016, 07:54:54 am »

On the other hand, today it's not too hot, but not dull or wet either.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pleasant.  Pity I'll be working shortly.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2016, 01:48:09 pm »

It's a nice night here, surprisingly. I went outside wearing just a singlet, t-shirt, jumper and light jacket and wasn't cold.

Unfortunately nice nights sometimes make me sad. This is one of those times. Should have stayed indoors.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »

It's finally sunny again here, after almost three weeks of clouds and rain. Hopefully it'll stay sunny, too.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2016, 11:21:42 pm »

Holy carp, I had a dream that it suddenly got really nice and sunny and then I woke up and it is really nice and sunny outside.
Maybe not quite to the point of stripping off about half-a-dozen layers and going shirtless like I did in my dream, but still. A nice change.
It doesn't even look particularly windy out there! Might be time to have a shower and go do stuff. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2016, 01:03:11 am »

You want some of our sun? I don't know how to export sunshine in anything but concentrated format unfortunately, so exporting it is probably a war crime, or at the very least treason?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2016, 11:47:04 am »

Goddamn is it hot today. I wasn't so much as walking as swimming in my own sweat. I'm glad I had the foresight to bring a bottle of water with me that I had frozen overnight, or else I'd have had a really big problem. Even then, I was sweating faster than it was melting.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10