Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Weather Thread  (Read 13105 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Weather Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 03:22:48 pm »

Heh.
Yeah.
Where are you, anyway?
North Carolina. Where forecasts of an inch of snow leads to mass runs on milk and bread.

A foot of snow would probably lead to pre-emptive cannibalism.

EDIT: My manager up in Washington DC said that they're calling for 50mph wind and 2.5-3' of snow. So yeah, I'm sticking by my predictions of White Walkers in Manhattan. Donald Trump shall reveal himself as the Night's King and rule from his frozen tower.

A great wall will be raised along the Mason-Dixon and the Northwatch will man its battlements, with this motto: Brace Yerself, It's Danged Cold
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:12:10 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »

Oh my.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 05:35:28 pm »

Our blizzard watch starts tomorrow at 6pm. The snow itself could start falling as early as 3pm, which is probably behind the decision to preemptively cancel school tomorrow. Things are gonna get pretty interesting, that's for sure.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

Ours starts at 6PM Saturday, going to 1AM Sunday... Or was that 6AM Saturday - 1PM Sunday? I have no idea and neither do the local weathermen. Snow coverage is predicted to be as high as 21 inches and as low as some rain.

Minor WTF, but apparently Chrome accepts "weathermen" as a word.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 06:18:01 pm »

Thunderstorms here today. I walked about 2 miles in it. The precipitation is cold.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 06:44:56 pm »

I quite like "These and More These".
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2016, 07:35:34 pm »

The blizzard warning got pushed up to 1PM at some point. Maybe that's why they cancelled.
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 12:52:28 pm »

Wait.  2.5-3' of snow.  DC.  Holy CARP.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 01:28:53 pm »

Yeah, the rumors of Winter is Coming may have been exaggerated. They've scaled it back to 1-4" here. Been mostly sleet so far.

As I told my GF earlier, "This is why they shouldn't have male meteorologists -- they promise you eight inches, and you're lucky if you get half that."  :P

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 01:51:16 pm »

The prediction here got upped to somewhere between 1-2 feet. The blizzard warning itself went into effect about an hour ago, and the snow started falling not long after.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

Heavy snow here in Kentucky. Also giant flocks of Hitchcock-esque robins.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 06:19:54 pm »

Gale force winds and apparently a couple tornado touch downs already, here in florida, ha. Breezy weekend. No snow, obviously, as you northerners could tell by the lack of winged flying pigs, frozen hellfire blizzards, or notable uptick in demon tourism.

Part of me wonders how florida's going to deal with tornado shelters if this ends up being a thing alongside the hurricanes. Other places, you dig down, have basement and whatnot. Florida, you dig down, there's water. Among a few other concerns. Underground construction in general is a thing that happens to other states, ahaha...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 07:50:17 pm »

The snow's piled up to 4 inches now, and the wind has started to pick up a little bit. The snowflakes are mostly the same size, though there's a couple larger ones here and there.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2016, 08:15:47 pm »

Gale force winds and apparently a couple tornado touch downs already, here in florida, ha. Breezy weekend. No snow, obviously, as you northerners could tell by the lack of winged flying pigs, frozen hellfire blizzards, or notable uptick in demon tourism.

Well duh....if Hell freezes over, where do you think all the demons are going to go? Florida.
(There are some theories that say they're already there.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 08:19:03 pm »

Heh.
Yeah.
Where are you, anyway?
North Carolina. Where forecasts of an inch of snow leads to mass runs on milk and bread.

A foot of snow would probably lead to pre-emptive cannibalism.
TWO FEET

TRAPPED IN APARTMENT

AAAHH
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10