Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284305 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2820 on: June 20, 2018, 04:58:45 pm »

Again, no levels have been applied.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 20, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 20, 2018, 05:25:54 pm »

Hey Ozarck, you still never told me what magical affinity a gorilla has, or answered any of my other questions

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 20, 2018, 06:59:46 pm »

Okay, Will do the vladen char sheet when not sick and on 4 hours of sleep

I promise

Totally

Maybe

...we'll see
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 20, 2018, 08:23:41 pm »

As General Knowledge currently is the only stat/skill to lack substats (excepting Specialization, which works differently and is complicated enough already) I'll recommend that General Knowledge subskills work differently from the others. Namely, that is should have a lot of them. Things for tinkering with gears and alchemy and such, piloting vehicles, magical theory, decoding ancient languages, etc.

IDK. That all might have too much overlap with how Specializations work? Maybe you could merge General Knowledge and Specialization, with your rank in that skill giving you points to spend in a wide variety of subskills, rather than binary Specializations.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 21, 2018, 02:34:29 am »

Alright, I think I am actually satisfied with the character sheet as it is.

@Lenglon: put in the rules about your shapeshifting, the Black Mark, and explain what "observation" is? I'll be posting creature type rules in teh op, so you  don't need to do the Fey ones.

@Random: This may feel arbitrary because I allowed slayer of large things as a spec for Freddie, but I'd like you to reconsider "killer of smaller things." Specifically, think of what it means? as it is, it's like a spec in "combat" - a blanket bonus to all rolls combat related. What is the intention behind this spec, and how can you make it more specific?

@Superdino: looking back at your last couple posts, I see these questions:
1)What does unnatural weapon and natural weapon mean?
natural weapons are fundamental parts of the creature's 'body' like fists, claws, teeth, while unnatural weapons are things teh creature uses taht aren't inherently part of their body, like swords and clubs and the like

2)Will the inventory list thing remain the same?
the inventory you have now remains, yes.

3)I’m also unclear as to what magic affinity to use.
For you, I'd recommend self buff - or "Physical: Self"  this is the basic "melee character magic affinity." your cahracter type is Living, so you actually have a choice of affinities. You could choose Nature, since your character started as basically a wild animal (Awakened) or Life, since you start with medical proficiency, or a few others. but mainly, wit hyour specs and such, I think Physical: Self" is the way to go.

4) if I missed anything from the old character sheet that should be in here.
hmm, I think I need to see a sheet with no level-ups applied. How many level-ups do you recall getting? You might have to modify the substats under body, for starters.

@spazyak: no worries. hang in there.

@Egan: General knowledge is designed to be a catchall as it is, and works pretty much exactly the opposite of specs anyway - specializations mean you have developed a significant knowledge in that particular area, while general knowledge means you might have heard something once, or might be able to reason out what's going on, if you're lucky, I guess.
If I start allowing people to put gen know specs in, well, that limits the character's resources, I think. As it is, gen know is going to be related to the character's history and creature type anyway: an aquatic elemental will have little gen know of necromantic rituals, a construct hat spent it's life in a library will have little gen know of Nature survival ...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 21, 2018, 02:42:15 am »

Um, you never did give me the fine print on the Black Mark. Just gave me a rather alarming general overview stating that anything associated with any action I perform has a risk of being destroyed.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 21, 2018, 02:58:00 am »

So then something like this (non-leveled up) for Gak would be workable?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 21, 2018, 03:15:47 am »

under skills, you have three levels up for four levels down, so change gen know to basic and you'd be right on target at two levels up to four down.

(melee: basic->apprentice-> journeyman and gen know: basic -> apprentice
vs
medical: baisc -> weak -> cursed, ranged: basic -> weak, and specs: basic -> weak)

otherwise, looks good.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 21, 2018, 03:37:25 am »

*sigh @ no response*
Okay then:
What you said was Aylia would be permanantly cursed with a Black Mark of Destruction, and that any action will have a risk of destroying stuff associated with that action, the more intense the action, the greater the risk.
Thats all you gave me.
This alarmed me and continues to alarm me because:
Aylia herself will be associated with all of Aylia's actions, because duh. This means that due to *roll to see if Aylia gets destroyed* happening on every single action ever, even if you give her improved odds of not being destroyed she IS going to get killed by an arbitrary, unavoidable, die roll at some point. Which I do reserve the right to bitch you out for when it happens.
Now then, I mentioned before that this seemed like a ticking time bomb, and you denied it, so hopefully im misinterpreting it or youve already planned on when the die says "kill Aylia becuz Black Mark lul" to deny it or have her just get tired out or something. But we'll see what happens.
The next reason it alarmed me is it means I need to minimize all interactions with allies. Reducing Aylia to either a combat statline or an inherint liability to her allies.
And third, this means that she will never get to even try to help injured teammates.
This is why I was so resistant to it - I see it as either I'm a hazard to all teammates that attempt to RP with me or have basic friendly interactions with me which could get the other party killed for trying it, I'm guarenteed to die for literally no reason at some point just because Ill roll poorly on the Every-single-action-suicide-risk roll, or both at once.
I mean, I had every intention of trying to teach Aylia how to be a okay medic. Thats even why she wanted to acquire Noir's form way back when in the first place. But with a marker making her kill anyone she tries to help...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:40:11 am by Lenglon »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 21, 2018, 03:47:24 am »

To give a basic example, lets say she has a chance to go reunite with her mom. She can either risk killing her mom, or she can avoid and/or refuse to have, the interaction.
So she goes out of her way to avoid the RP opportunity, because she doesn't want to kill her mom.
That kind of logic applies to basically every interaction with a friendly ever.
So what it results in a character that isn't allowed to RP.
That sucks.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 21, 2018, 03:59:02 am »

I am adding a mechanic to the substats. I think it's workable.

substats can ultimately go up to +8. This is because it takes a certain bonus to raise a substat from the same level as the main stat to the one higher - the same cost it would take to raise the main stat.

substat points will be tracked inependently from main stats and will be a separate reward category from the main stat points.

*sigh @ no response*
Okay then:
What you said was Aylia would be permanantly cursed with a Black Mark of Destruction, and that any action will have a risk of destroying stuff associated with that action, the more intense the action, the greater the risk.
Thats all you gave me.
This alarmed me and continues to alarm me because:
Aylia herself will be associated with all of Aylia's actions, because duh. This means that due to *roll to see if Aylia gets destroyed* happening on every single action ever, even if you give her improved odds of not being destroyed she IS going to get killed by an arbitrary, unavoidable, die roll at some point. Which I do reserve the right to bitch you out for when it happens.
Now then, I mentioned before that this seemed like a ticking time bomb, and you denied it, so hopefully im misinterpreting it or youve already planned on when the die says "kill Aylia becuz Black Mark lul" to deny it or have her just get tired out or something. But we'll see what happens.
The next reason it alarmed me is it means I need to minimize all interactions with allies. Reducing Aylia to either a combat statline or an inherint liability to her allies.
And third, this means that she will never get to even try to help injured teammates.
This is why I was so resistant to it - I see it as either I'm a hazard to all teammates that attempt to RP with me or have basic friendly interactions with me which could get the other party killed for trying it, I'm guarenteed to die for literally no reason at some point just because Ill roll poorly on the Every-single-action-suicide-risk roll, or both at once.
I mean, I had every intention of trying to teach Aylia how to be a okay medic. Thats even why she wanted to acquire Noir's form way back when in the first place. But with a marker making her kill anyone she tries to help...
I'm sorry, I missed your post. I am in the middle of setting up the new thread as we speak, and am attempting to explain the rules for newbies, so I am a little distracted at the moment. I promise to address this concern though, and welcome you other players chiming in. "Any Action" si too broad for what I intended, and, like with Noir, selflessness does have a mitigating effect, as Healing Magic is diametrically opposed to that magic.

Thank you for posting this here, per my request. Let me quote my proposal from the PM, including the Black Mark and teh Shapeshifting rules:
Quote from: Ozarck
Aylia's essence will be animated and stripped from the dreagon by the quickening and exclusively through her link to Omega. The mark will become indelible on her soul.
When she returns, she'l be 100% Fey, bound by all the rules of the Fey, as I interpret them. She will return in Frost Cat form - not Giant Frost Cat - having access to no other form initially.  her Fey nature is fickleness and alteration, though, and she will have a chance to randomly adopt another form. She will be able to hold onto no more than two forms at any time. When she changes, she may discard either of the two forms in order to adopt the new form, whether the change is by her will or not. She will carry a curse: a Black Mark of Destruction. Her actions will carry a chance of destroying something related to the action - the greater the intensity of the action, the higher the likelihood the curse activates. This curse is permanent - it is the opposite side of the Omega Mark that gives her life.

Quote from: Ozarck
I think the Black Mark is gonna stay a thing, and, while i don't think it is a ticking time bomb to kill Aylia, it is not harmless either, and Aylia will need to understand that it does endanger those around her, at least potentially. perhaps I'll make it something that drains Aylia when it occurs, and limit the likelihood that it will directly affect her own being.

I do understand that this is a little too vague. Please be patient with me, and thank you for addressing the concern. We have worked out, for the most part, an acceptable set of rules for Fey, and i will be posting them in the OP.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:16:21 pm by Ozarck »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 21, 2018, 04:00:51 am »

I will say this:

Lenglon: "Aylia gives her mom a hug."
Evil GM: - rolls dice, cackles loudly. "(1) Aylia's mother melts into a puddle of ash."

this is not an interaction that can be expected to happen.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 21, 2018, 04:26:31 am »

alright, triple post.

Other thread is up, but locked for the moment while my brain resets. I still need to put in  a leveling post and inventory discussion. I've got the posts reserved for it, though, so I don't need to keep the thread locked for long. for now, comment here until I unlock.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 21, 2018, 04:34:59 am »

Okay. I'll be looking forward to the Black Mark explanation/ detailing, that thing still greatly worries me, and is very much on the Do Not Want list.

So, by Observation I mean situational awareness and especially noticing and understanding the nature of beings around her (in form acquisition range). Just saying shes good at spottin stuff / hard ter hide frum.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 194