Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284348 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2790 on: June 19, 2018, 01:13:08 pm »

Hmm. Shall we have two separate exp pools for stats and skills, or combine them? The current system of having both stat points and skill points is inherited from ER.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 19, 2018, 03:16:41 pm »

So how do levelups work in this system then? Does it take a certain amount to go from one category to the next? Otherwise I could theoretically have gotten to Exceptional melee combat by now, and I kinda doubt that's supposed to be the case for people who've gone on two missions.
good question. I do believe it will take a certain amount of points to go from one level to another. probably something like 1,2,4,8. And I think each mission will have a given amount of level points set at the start. For example, on a high risk mission: surviving to teh end 1 point. actively contributing to mission objective, 2 points, actually completeing mission objective - 2 additional points for those who actively contributed. For low risk missions, the reward pool will be smaller.

Hmm. Shall we have two separate exp pools for stats and skills, or combine them? The current system of having both stat points and skill points is inherited from ER.
I've been considering that. At the moment, I see no real reason to divide them, except in character generation.

Uh, how about this.

It's a personality core and artificial-magical brain that contains the essence of the Golem, and it uses souls as a power source to continue working. It also assimilates the souls' memories and implements them on itself to "improve and learn from their experiences". This results on the Golem gaining a personality similar to the original owners of the souls, which were mostly criminals.
this doesn't really change anything. You still have the core acting as the personality, which is taken from a dead guy, as well as power source. Thus, necromantic.

Why are you so dead-set on having the personality of a dead guy, but it not being undead?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 19, 2018, 04:11:17 pm »

Why would it only be necromantic forces that push a soul from some dead guy into a new body? One could see divine energies doing the same thing, for example. Additionally, I was under the impression that creature type depends on the nature of the body, not the nature of the mind inhabiting it. For example, would a necromanticly-preserved soul stuck to a life energy-powered living body act as undead or living, for the purposes of magic cast upon it? I'd imagine that a standard healing spell would be able to regenerate the body of such a creature, as said body is still alive.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: June 19, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »

A soul of someone dead now animating something that was once dead does seem like some kind of zombie.  A mind installed to a blank, but living, body might not be.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: June 19, 2018, 06:03:19 pm »

So, after checking in on Omega and noticing that the game was doing a major rework anyway, including expanding the tempdeath system to being much more reliable, I started talking to Oz about possibly coming back to the game. My big hang-up on the subject was that I get to bring back Aylia again, though I was ready to accept some rather major damage to her from the events that removed her from gameplay.
We spent some time talking it over, and she's getting some very extreme nerfs to her shifting abilities, getting locked into using Fey rules, having a Black Mark put on her that frankly alarms me quite a bit, losing a lot of herself (including all of her elven heritage, her forms roster, and even her ability to return to her base form), and so on. but... well, she's got a chance again.
So... working out what her new sheet will look like:

Spoiler: Aylia (click to show/hide)

Mission count: 4.5 (Alchemist, Wedding, Rampaging Machine, Lathal, Guest GM), none of which are included in sheet at this time.

Spoiler: Old Inventory (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: June 19, 2018, 06:48:15 pm »

RGU, does your golem idea really need souls to be the power source? If you used something else, like, um, that dragon bone Egan mentioned before, but let it use, say, the results of a postmortem brainscan to add to its personality matrix. Would that give the same result you want, but without necromancy?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:50 pm »

Plus that way when someone kills you they can loot the core and turn it into an awesome fist weapon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: June 19, 2018, 07:49:57 pm »

I just don't want to make it a mindless, dull, generic robot type of character. I'm not really sure how to archieve that without it counting as "necromancy".
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: June 19, 2018, 07:54:45 pm »

I just don't want to make it a mindless, dull, generic robot type of character. I'm not really sure how to archieve that without it counting as "necromancy".
How much do you know about warhammer 40k dreadnoughts?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:04 pm »

How much do you know about warhammer 40k dreadnoughts?
Nothing at all.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: June 19, 2018, 08:05:40 pm »

You... give your robot personality. It's actually that simple.
I do enjoy playing as robots that just follow instructions and don't worry to hard about it, but that's not the only way you could play it. Golem might be faulty, and that's why it's here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: June 19, 2018, 08:07:21 pm »

wiki link
Basically, take someone that's barely alive, replace their everything with cybernetics, and permanantly encase them in a heavily armored mech. Lifespan: indefinate. Power source: mech power source. Biological needs: none except occasionally some sleep would be nice. They're more machine than man, but are TECHNICALLY alive and... human??

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: June 19, 2018, 08:13:37 pm »

Space Marines aren't particularly human even when they're alive. So make that just "technically alive". :p

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: June 19, 2018, 08:24:18 pm »

I think Terminators would count as undead in any case.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: June 19, 2018, 08:26:23 pm »

wiki link
Basically, take someone that's barely alive, replace their everything with cybernetics, and permanantly encase them in a heavily armored mech. Lifespan: indefinate. Power source: mech power source. Biological needs: none except occasionally some sleep would be nice. They're more machine than man, but are TECHNICALLY alive and... human??
It's kinda "necromancy" too if you think about it, isn't it? Something that should be dead, but isn't.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 194