Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284390 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2775 on: June 18, 2018, 01:40:11 pm »

What does unnatural weapon and natural weapon mean?
as explained in the rule spoiler, natural weapons are parts of one;s body, or other effects natural to pone's character: tooth, claw, spines, breath weapons, gaze weapons, certain other magical effects ... while unnatural weapons are things like swords, bows, knives, clubs, and magic that one has to consciously activate (like spells).

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 18, 2018, 02:31:20 pm »

Here's my first draft. I don't think it's correct, also I want to change some stuff later. How big is Gargantuan? What do I reduce for special abilities and features, stats, skills or substats? I'm not sure which parts apply for only stats or substats or skills and stats.

Race: Iron Golem
Size Class: Giant
Creature Type: Construct
Magic Affinity: Soul Powered

Stats
Body: Apprentice
Movement: Cursed
Mind: Weak
Spirit: Weak

Substats

Body
Strength: 0
Constitution: +1
Stamina: -1

Movement
Speed: 0
Dex: 1
Agility: -1

Mind
Intelligence: -1
Memory: +1
(There's only two substats for mind?)

Spirit
Charisma: -1
Will: 1
Magic: 0

Skills:
Combat
Melee: Apprentice
Ranged: Cursed
Natural Weapons: Basic
Unnatural Weapons: Basic

Other
Medical: Cursed
General Knowledge: Basic
Proficiencies: Apprentice
-Axes
-Tanking damage
-Punching things
-Stomping on things

I'll do a description and give it a name once I finish changing the sheet and the finished thing is confirmed to be good.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:06:45 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: June 18, 2018, 04:12:36 pm »

Spoiler: Couldn't resist (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 18, 2018, 08:14:57 pm »

Here's my first draft. I don't think it's correct, also I want to change some stuff later. How big is Gargantuan? What do I reduce for special abilities and features, stats, skills or substats? I'm not sure which parts apply for only stats or substats or skills and stats.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll do a description and give it a name once I finish changing the sheet and the finished thing is confirmed to be good.
What is "Soul Powered"?

most abilities will fall under the proficiencies tag, but specials like flight or drones that you can detach from yourself will come from the "Special" attribute. This sheet currently has stats as cursed, weak, weak, and apprentice, which is four ranks down for one rank up. additionally, I see that you are still in the habit of min-maxing. You do understand that you have three curses? Expect a creature built like this to die the first time it attempts to climb, run, do anything requiring dexterity, or to attack anything outside of melee range. Or the first time it tries to dodge.
Yes, if that's acceptable, this is certainly a 'pure melee' build.

Sizes are "tiny" - 1/10th humanoid or less, small - "roughly 1/4 to 1/2 humanoid," "humanoid," large - 2-4x humanoid, "giant" - say, 15 feet up to maybe 25 feet or so (not necessarily counting tail length), "gargantuan" basically anything above that.

yes, mind only has two substats for the moment. Three would be better, of course, for symmetry.

tanking damage is not a proficiency - that is inherent in the constitution stat, and in part in the size class.

I am considering a cost associated with size, character type, and some of the other basic stats as well, but I'll hold off for now. Like I said, this is a draft, to probe for flaws.

Spoiler: Couldn't resist (click to show/hide)
The special stat does not get a rank like the others. The special stat is for special attributes that you buy at chargen  with ranks from the other stats.
Prophecy is a general knowledge skill.
Doom curse would fall under the unnatural and ranged skills.

yeah, I'm still not happy about the combat skill classifications, since melee and ranged form a grid with natural and unnatural, and they can enhance or cancel each other's bonuses or weaknesses.

Creature type is "Elemental: Chaos" since the special includes "consuming the fabric of space/time" Or perhaps Elemental: corruption.
Magic affinity would therefore be "Elemental:Chaos" as well.
Please describe the being's physical presence in the material plane, if it has one.

I'm not sure even I could allow an Old One as a playable character.

Thanks for posting these - they are helping me flesh out some things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 18, 2018, 08:56:09 pm »

Please describe the being's physical presence in the material plane, if it has one.

Caught out of the corner of your eye. Something so impossibly huge, that your puny brain cannot begin to understand it. So you don't. It should not be able to occupy the space that it does, so your mind will likely conclude that it does not, and hide its image from you.
If you happen to be a being that's able to actually perceive it properly, it's a mass of flesh and tentacles that stretches off, somehow, into it's own horizon. It occupies a mind-boggling amount of space, but it's all good cause it bring its own space so that it could occupy its space while it occupies it's space, dawg.

Also it's just a baby, and thus tiny by Great One standards.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 18, 2018, 08:58:51 pm »

"Soul Powered" is that the golem is literally using a soul in it's core as a power source and identity. Thus, it would have an affinity to using souls as a source of power. I reduced 4 stats to increase one and get the special feature, which would be the core itself.

The Golem's core, located in the inside of it's chest, is a solid metal sphere with the Omega brand engraved on it. It contains the soul of the Golem and it can be disconected and attached to other things to transfer the Golem's conscience and give it a new body. If the original body is destroyed or rendered unusable without a lot of internal damage, the core can be recovered from the wreckage and given a new body. Doing this causes the Golem to "reboot", causing some of it's memories and skills to be lost.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 18, 2018, 10:16:53 pm »

Name of Character: Kongor
Race: awakened gorilla
Size: large
Creature type: living

Stats:

Body: Journeyman
Movement: apprentice
Mind: weak
Spirit: weak

Body
Strength: 2
Constitution: 0
Stamina:0

Movement
Speed: 1
Dexterity: 0
Agility: 0

Mind
Intelligence: 0
Memory: -1

Spirit
Will: 0
Charisma: 0
Magic: -1

Skills:
Combat
Melee: Journeyman
Natural Weapon: Journeyman
Unnatural Weapon: Basic
Ranged: weak

Other
Medicine: Apprentice
General knowledge: Basic
Proficiencies: apprentice
-Blunt weaponry (moved here to continue to show the skill difference between blunt and sharp weaponry)
-Grappling
-Animal Rage
-Herbalist

Same character I’m already using, just making use of the new stat board. This is a rough draft though. A few questions: Will the inventory list thing remain the same? I’m also unclear as to what magic affinity to use, and if I missed anything from the old character sheet that should be in here.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:20 pm »

I'll make one tomorrow once, I am too tired to remember how many missions vlad the medical ghoul has been on. I think 2
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 19, 2018, 12:19:06 am »

Hmm. Here's a base stat sheet for Gak, not counting however the bonuses from missions factor in (completed 2 now).

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 19, 2018, 06:09:49 am »

Are you guys finding the new stat sheet understandable and easy to use? DO you see problems with it, or places it could improve? Your input so far has been helpful, and again, thanks for working with me here.

How are you assigning points to the substats? Do you remember how many level-ups you've had?

The inventory you had at the end of last mission is still yours, yes. I'll be adding a mechanic for mission pay and item costs, as well as a real effect for armor, so the vauge armory that I've run so far will change a bit, but that shouldn't affect what you already have.

"Soul Powered" is that the golem is literally using a soul in it's core as a power source and identity. Thus, it would have an affinity to using souls as a source of power. I reduced 4 stats to increase one and get the special feature, which would be the core itself.

The Golem's core, located in the inside of it's chest, is a solid metal sphere with the Omega brand engraved on it. It contains the soul of the Golem and it can be disconected and attached to other things to transfer the Golem's conscience and give it a new body. If the original body is destroyed or rendered unusable without a lot of internal damage, the core can be recovered from the wreckage and given a new body. Doing this causes the Golem to "reboot", causing some of it's memories and skills to be lost.
The Golem's Identity is located in the Soul at it's core? It's not really a solpowered golem then -it's a Soul with an artificial body. Technically, it counts as undead, and the magical affinity would be necromancy.

Hmm. Here's a base stat sheet for Gak, not counting however the bonuses from missions factor in (completed 2 now).

This looks good. Let's see, Gak went to the desert city and now this Lathal mission, right? was there another mission? I think 2 level-ups is correct, plus whatever I give at the end of this mission.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 19, 2018, 08:24:55 am »

I don't really want to play as an undead. Can we just say that it's a construct, that the core has multiple souls (mostly criminals and the like) used mostly as a power source and the Golem's personality just happens to be a combintion of all of them?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 19, 2018, 08:55:49 am »

In the, ahem classical literature, the Iron Golem is powered by a piece of dragon bone at its core. So its nature should be Draconic.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 19, 2018, 08:56:27 am »

I don't really want to play as an undead. Can we just say that it's a construct, that the core has multiple souls (mostly criminals and the like) used mostly as a power source and the Golem's personality just happens to be a combintion of all of them?
That still counts as undead. You want your character to be souls stripped from their body and stuffed into something else - that's undead. You want to play as undead, you just don't want it to count as undead.

I had a player early on play as a Philosopher's Stone (aka Full Metal Alchemist). Because there was nothing of the original beings left, it counted as a construct. If you want this character to be a construct, do away with the souls having anything to do with the personality. And that means you'll have to rethink your core somewhat - is it a removable personality core, or is it a replaceable power source?

Either way, the magical affinity would still be necromantic.

In the, ahem classical literature, the Iron Golem is powered by a piece of dragon bone at its core. So its nature should be Draconic.
not really. If the bone is a battery, I'd still call it construct. Otherwise an oil-powered creature would also be necromantic.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:58:31 am by Ozarck »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 19, 2018, 12:15:15 pm »

Uh, how about this.

It's a personality core and artificial-magical brain that contains the essence of the Golem, and it uses souls as a power source to continue working. It also assimilates the souls' memories and implements them on itself to "improve and learn from their experiences". This results on the Golem gaining a personality similar to the original owners of the souls, which were mostly criminals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 19, 2018, 01:07:53 pm »

So how do levelups work in this system then? Does it take a certain amount to go from one category to the next? Otherwise I could theoretically have gotten to Exceptional melee combat by now, and I kinda doubt that's supposed to be the case for people who've gone on two missions.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 194