Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284501 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Omega Base
« Reply #2730 on: March 30, 2018, 08:17:40 pm »

Just sit completely still and observe as the command people discuss who's at fault for what and what the next steps are. Sooner or later one of them is bound to remember I'm here and give me a new assignment.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: March 30, 2018, 11:14:44 pm »

((So, since I already have a hiding spec, do you think I should take a more-specific 'sneaking' spec to reflect my recent training, or just boost my hiding skillz? It's also kind of tempting to learn to jump and swing my way between rooftops like some kind of swashbuckler now that I mentioned it as an example.
Also... those options. Uhh, I just started playing again, I don't wanna go die immediately on the mission, tyvm. :P))   

Keep my head down and look small and unimportant - shouldn't be too hard, really.
If the cafeteria starts to fill with busy, purposeful-looking types who seem like they might be scouting around for recruits to help deal with whatever weird crisis is going on
(Thrips probably hasn't a clue), make myself scarce and go for a relaxing walk around the canyon.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 03, 2018, 07:27:10 am »

Just sit completely still and observe as the command people discuss who's at fault for what and what the next steps are. Sooner or later one of them is bound to remember I'm here and give me a new assignment.
"You can return to your duties exploring new portals, if you wish. However, we have another option available to you, should you choose. There is an Archive located within an Automaton traveling one of the Mechanical Planes of Order. We wish for you to access this archive and collect data regarding Arataxa The Destroyer, The Seven Halls of Deminius, and The Plane of Echos."

((So, since I already have a hiding spec, do you think I should take a more-specific 'sneaking' spec to reflect my recent training, or just boost my hiding skillz? It's also kind of tempting to learn to jump and swing my way between rooftops like some kind of swashbuckler now that I mentioned it as an example.
Also... those options. Uhh, I just started playing again, I don't wanna go die immediately on the mission, tyvm. :P))   

Keep my head down and look small and unimportant - shouldn't be too hard, really.
If the cafeteria starts to fill with busy, purposeful-looking types who seem like they might be scouting around for recruits to help deal with whatever weird crisis is going on
(Thrips probably hasn't a clue), make myself scarce and go for a relaxing walk around the canyon.    
A sneaking spec would be fine. Feel free to do something more athletic though. boosting your hiding isn't really necessary, but is a possibility.
(5) You have the cafeteria to yourself. Like, totally to yourself. Not even the chefs are around. Heck, not even a mayfly is around. Weird.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 07, 2018, 09:18:18 pm »

"Reply: This one is interested in going to this archive. However, this one would need the full parameters for what this one expected to do there, this time."

Archive mission accept. Hopefully recieve full briefing so the superiors don't need to bicker about stuff I forgot to do while never being told in the first place. Ya just can't trust management, can you?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:25 am »

Yoink. He disappears as quickly as he appears, like a ghost or a shadow. Man, I knew he was going to upgrade his hide ability, but I didn't expect it to be like this.

"Reply: This one is interested in going to this archive. However, this one would need the full parameters for what this one expected to do there, this time."

Archive mission accept. Hopefully recieve full briefing so the superiors don't need to bicker about stuff I forgot to do while never being told in the first place. Ya just can't trust management, can you?
Let's see, a full briefing. You are handed a sheet of paper:
Mission objectives:
1) locate the Automaton on the Mechanical Plane of Order. The Automaton will be a vast mechanical fortress-like mobile enclave. It will likely be very geometrical in design. The one we are sending you to should appear as a tetrahedral arrangement of dipyramids (aka two tetrahedrons joided along one face). The four dipyramids will be connected by helical structures. Two or more of the dipyramids will have some form of locomotor attachments - methods of getting the building construct from one place to another, be it wings, legs, pseudopods, wheels, tracks, transdimensional gates, or other.
1a) you will be provided with transport to the Plane. movement on the Plane will be your own responsibility. An escape key will also be provided.
2) enter the Automaton and locate the Archive. This will be a repository for information. You seem talented at finding and interacting with such things. You know as well as we do that archives take many forms, and we are unable to be more specific on what to look for here.
3) TAccess the Archives and locate the information regarding Arataxa The Destroyer, The Seven Halls of Deminius, and The Plane of Echos.
3a) you will be provided three magical Codexes. They will be blank at the start of your quest. each is capable of recording a significant volume of information on a given topic. It would be wise to refrain from opening or otherwise accessing the Codexes until you have found the specific information we are requesting. The Codexes are not locked to those topics, so they may absorb information on other topics instead. Once a Codex has been activated, it will record until full, and then will cease to receive any additional information. The data the Codexes record will be accessable by anyone with the Codex Key, which for your convenience will be found on the spine of the Codex.

subgoals:
1) avoid altering the patterns of things on the Plane. it is a Plane of Order. To cause Chaos there can have unexpected results. Usually this involves some sort of backlash as the Plane seeks to restore order.
2) That's it, really. That's all there is.
3) what? You want a medal for surviving your last mission or something? a pat on the back? Fine. Well Done. We are pleased with your work. Now get on with it. We have some things on our minds, you know. It's not easy maintaining Balance in The Realm these days, what with the Entire Place Collapsing On Our Heads and all. We'd Like To See You Do Better. Hmph!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 13, 2018, 01:58:00 pm »

Sounds good to me. Let's get on our way to this mechanical plane of order.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: April 16, 2018, 10:27:15 am »

you are directed to walk precisely along a white line, intop a cubical room, in which several white lines converge.The cubical room is filled with gears and mechanisms. a steady ticking and a repeated clang fill the air.you stand at the precise center of the room for exactly one hundred seconds, then turn ninety degrees and wall to the wall, where the white line on the floor becomes the white line on the wall. You were instructed specifically to step up the wall, on the line. Yo place one foot on the wall, then slowly lift the other. Gravity doesn't shift - the floor is still down to your senses, but you are now fully supported on the wall. You walk up and out a door in the ceiling, continueing to follow the while line for one mile, at which point you stop. Still standing on a wall, you've come into a wide, circular room through which a large clear pipe runs. Inside the pipe some liquid is flowing. the pipe is at least ten feet wide, and the room is thirty feet to a side. you are standing perhaps four feet from the floor, with a doorway behind you which leads back into the tunnel you came through. Your instructions end here, so you guess you'll have to figure out the next steps on your own.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: April 19, 2018, 05:41:55 pm »

Well, take a look at the pipe first. Can I see what kind of liquid is flowing through it, and which direction it's going? Also, look around to see if I could follow the pipe to either it's destination or its source. Also, could you give me an explenation or even a simple drawing of the room, pipe and myself? I'm not sure I'm understanding how our positions are related to eachother right now.

I'm also assuming there's nothing else of interest in the room, but give it another once-over just to be sure.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 20, 2018, 06:57:22 pm »

The room is a squat cylinder, thirty feet wide and maybe twenty tall. You are standing on the circular wall. The pipe is running through the wall from one side of the room to the other. The liquid looks bluish, but that could just be the pipe's coloration. The liquid could be clear. First guess is water, but that's only speculation at this point.

The pipe is flush with the wall - no gaps around it. But there are openings regularly spaced around the wall, like doorways. you don't know if the pipe runs through the rooms behind hte doorways or not.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 23, 2018, 08:10:19 pm »

Let's start by taking a peek through each of these doorways to see what's behind them. Then, Use Robutt computing to see if I can't divine where this liquid is going.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 26, 2018, 07:14:08 am »

three of the doors lead to Outside: a wide concretelike floor with open sky above. To the left and right, the concrete ends and air begins, as if you are high up on a building. This area has the pipe flowing out of the wall, across the concrete, and into another concretelike building several hundred yards away. That's where the liquid is going, or at least, that's a stop on the way. There are support columns holding the pipe up along the way.

The three doors on the opposite side lead into a large, darkish room, from which the pipe flows. Here, the pipe, or the liquid inside, can be seen to glow very faintly. A rather large container is at the end of this room, into which several pipes and other fixtures converge, and out from which this pipe and several others diverge. Maybe a central processing tank for whatever liquid that is?

The remaining two doors lead into long hallways, one left and one right.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: May 01, 2018, 06:44:05 am »

still there?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: May 01, 2018, 08:38:16 am »

((Sorry, I'm currently working on my graduation project, so I haven't really been paying attention. It's done by the end of the month, so then I'll be more punctual about updating.))

Let's go take a look inside that room with the large container. Use my eye-flashlights if it's too dark. Just have a general look around for now.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: May 01, 2018, 04:33:29 pm »

If you're feeling bored, shall we dust off the leafthing and see what happens? :D

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: May 03, 2018, 01:29:50 pm »

((Sorry, I'm currently working on my graduation project, so I haven't really been paying attention. It's done by the end of the month, so then I'll be more punctual about updating.))

Let's go take a look inside that room with the large container. Use my eye-flashlights if it's too dark. Just have a general look around for now.
take your time. No worries. Anyway, the large container has a control panel or something at its base. Otherwise, the room is empty except for what I described before. There are a couple exits, including a ladder and catwalk up above. The catwalk runs along the various inlet pipes, and to doors in the walls next to those pipes.

If you're feeling bored, shall we dust off the leafthing and see what happens? :D
It's your character.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 194