Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284784 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2325 on: May 18, 2017, 08:47:19 am »

((Huh thought she was walking away from me. Well guy's I think this is my best shot. May the dice gods be with me.))

Noir on the contrary dosen't seem discouraged. This immenseness. Her holy magic was surviving in it. Pushing it back if only minorly. But. She. Knew. She. Could do this.

Her holy magic had survived her father's very essence...and she coulden't give up now. Not now. Not ever not when their friend was on the line. This was foolish. She was a fool to go up agasint her dad's power....but she had to do it. She coulden't lose here.
Focus. breath. Don't give in yet.

She could do...it. She knew what she had to do. She looked at aylia and barked at her to get her attention. Her eye's locked onto her...friend's. It began.

Noir is not disheartened. She has not lost hope. She look's into aylia's eye's and redoubles her effort in her holymagic while activating her charm magic. She was going to convince her friend to stop resisting. Relying on every bit of magic every ounce of charm and strength she had. Go full out. I do not feel fear for myself. Only for my friend's saftey! I shall cleanse the darkness of my father from her before it is too late! Say below as part of charm spell.
"Aylia. Look into my eye's. Stay.
Stay looking. Your a wonderful person. Your great. I love you. Stay calm. Just relax. Relax let your body your mind...your soul relax. Don't you want to feel good? I am your friend your servant and I stand beside you with your best intrest's. Listen to my voice. All shall be well. You shall be strengthened. Perfected.  you are  a shining gem. Let me add to your luster."

These word's flowed naturally from noir's lip's sounding most likely tempting or seductive. Convincing. They would succed. They were confident. This confidence would help both their holy magic and their charm magic.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:56:52 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 20, 2017, 07:18:14 am »

This seems as good a place as any to weather the storm. Just stand still as to not disturb overseer guy too much. Observe this room a bit out of curiosity and then observe the door to the room in case of shenanigans that overseer guy needs to be warned about.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 21, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »

Toss a stone oer torwards the dragon, then continue  ot scurry off, try and hide in a hole or something
(3) plink. hmm (3) you are trapped in a small crevasse by a rockfall a few moments after your comically absurd attack on an elemental force of the universe. You survive, but you aren't going anywhere soon. Not by your own power, anyway.

Dar figures that whatever is causing the rain, it probably doesn't concern him any further than being healthy for the plant life.  So he's just going to curl up on some of the moss and take a nap until it ends.
Dar does sense the black hole in Omega that has opened up. Seems like soemthing that might affect his health and wellbeing, at some point.

((Huh thought she was walking away from me. Well guy's I think this is my best shot. May the dice gods be with me.))

Noir on the contrary dosen't seem discouraged. This immenseness. Her holy magic was surviving in it. Pushing it back if only minorly. But. She. Knew. She. Could do this.

Her holy magic had survived her father's very essence...and she coulden't give up now. Not now. Not ever not when their friend was on the line. This was foolish. She was a fool to go up agasint her dad's power....but she had to do it. She coulden't lose here.
Focus. breath. Don't give in yet.

She could do...it. She knew what she had to do. She looked at aylia and barked at her to get her attention. Her eye's locked onto her...friend's. It began.

Noir is not disheartened. She has not lost hope. She look's into aylia's eye's and redoubles her effort in her holymagic while activating her charm magic. She was going to convince her friend to stop resisting. Relying on every bit of magic every ounce of charm and strength she had. Go full out. I do not feel fear for myself. Only for my friend's saftey! I shall cleanse the darkness of my father from her before it is too late! Say below as part of charm spell.
"Aylia. Look into my eye's. Stay.
Stay looking. Your a wonderful person. Your great. I love you. Stay calm. Just relax. Relax let your body your mind...your soul relax. Don't you want to feel good? I am your friend your servant and I stand beside you with your best intrest's. Listen to my voice. All shall be well. You shall be strengthened. Perfected.  you are  a shining gem. Let me add to your luster."

These word's flowed naturally from noir's lip's sounding most likely tempting or seductive. Convincing. They would succed. They were confident. This confidence would help both their holy magic and their charm magic.
(5) v (6) Your magic is overwhelmed and consumed. And soon, so are you. Noir is destroyed completely by a black rush of destructive magic.

nad The Dragon launches suddenly into the air, lunging toward the top of the cliff at remarkable speed. A rush of absolute blackness is met by a flash of brilliant white, which dissipates suddenly. A chunk of the cliff crumbles and slides into the canyon, creating a slope to the plateau and destroying several halls and rooms. Thunder booms out over the canyon, through the air, through the rain, through the very stone itself. anyone who is not already alert to BIG Shit going down is now well aware.

This seems as good a place as any to weather the storm. Just stand still as to not disturb overseer guy too much. Observe this room a bit out of curiosity and then observe the door to the room in case of shenanigans that overseer guy needs to be warned about.
This room is curiously oblong. and is about three times the length and width of hte man laying in it. His feet are toward the door. htere is no decoration. hte walls are smooth and curved, forming a singel surface with the ceiling. The impression is ike being inside half an egg. The walls, on closer inspection, aer somewhat iridescent, and teh color changes very gradually from the door to a point on the opposite wall, changing from a pale blue to a pale violet. THe change in color is minor and could easily go unnoticed as an artifact of any light source one brought into the room. Speaking of light, the room is dimly lit by an ambient light, coming from nowhere in particular. It is oddly shadowed, and this contributes to the difficulty in determinging the color of hte room. hte shadows and color seem to change slightly over time, as if things were moving just out of sight.

When the egg suddenly rings like a bell, the overseer's eyes pop open. for a moment, he lay motionless, then he sits up and cries out.

"We need to evacuate. We need to get to the central meeting hall and open as many portals as we can."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: May 21, 2017, 03:38:52 pm »

So... that's it then.
Oz, is there any remaining hope of getting Aylia back?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 21, 2017, 03:47:46 pm »

No. it was a slim chance anyway. Noir came closer than I expected her to. ATH did a good job on this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 21, 2017, 04:02:36 pm »

Am ready to activate Valyrie then.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 21, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »

Stay calm try to summon forth some light.
"Shit shit shit HELP HELP! Need light can't see."
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:19:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 21, 2017, 05:18:29 pm »

((.....I rolled a 5.....they rolled a 6...I should have lived they would have had to rolled twice as well. Since its agasint my damn charisma as well this makes absoloutley no sense that action is nonsensical ozark))
Your magic is overwhelmed and consumed. And soon, so are you. Noir is destroyed completely by a black rush of destructive magic.

((That entire paragraph is short. Stupid and not satisfying and nothing but angrying. There is not enough rolls. It does not take my constitution or will into effect. It dosent take my action into any real effect or thought. It dosent make much sense for aylia itself to go suddenly. **BAWAHAHA DIEU** I rolled a 5 logically it should have been a roll to resist noirs charm. The action I posted was not attacking and makes no reference or real correlation to this post. It dosent even have them meaningfully react Sensibly. They go from talking to suddendly throwing themself off a cliff.

I put effort into my post it feels like you dident.

((This writing dosent make me feel anything else but mad to be honest.

((It feel's nonsensical and dosent make sense to follow as a scene))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 05:38:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: May 21, 2017, 06:11:36 pm »

Given the current established level of competence and discretion among Omega higher-ups, about two days from now.
Also, that dragon seems like a powerful pseudo-demonic entity. could result in some interesting resonances.

You want me to feed you to the dragon? Omega isn't that stupid.
Not what I mean. Resonances just from being close to such a power.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:05 am »

((@ATH: Honestly, the GM was quite lenient and forgiving, considering how much you have complained about the last several turns. If I were GMing a game I would be decidedly less than pleased if a player suddenly decided to start criticizing my work, especially as bitterly as you have been. Ozarck seems to have kept remarkably chill about it all.))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:53 am »

Dar, hearing the devestation going on, will rush out of his cave and into the rain.  He'll try to stay away from the walls, in case of another avalanche, and if he's not in metalcat form, he'll shift into it.  He'll mentally search for Noir and Aylia using his attunments to them, as well.

((@Lenglon
Did Oz give you special permission to start with a stat above +2?  If so, I need to get on that for my own backup chars...

@ATH
Noir rolled a 5, while trying to completely change the basic nature of a being far more powerful than her.  That being rolled a six to resist.  She did the absolute best she possibly could do, but her absolute best simply wasn't good enough; no matter how hard it tries, a mouse will not be able to defeat a cat in brute strength if the cat's even vaugely making an effort.

I'll agree, the writing was mildly anticlimactic, but that's how this works.  Ozarck isn't writing a story, he's running a systematized game and telling us what happens in it.  He's only going to write a long and extended scene if the fancy takes him, and most of the time, no such thing will happen.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 22, 2017, 06:33:36 am »

((@Sy - this char has an absurd number of hidden mechanics. amongst other things, it doesn't level up normally. also, look at its stats and skills, and know this - its not a caster.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 22, 2017, 07:59:45 am »

[/quote]
Dar, hearing the devestation going on, will rush out of his cave and into the rain.  He'll try to stay away from the walls, in case of another avalanche, and if he's not in metalcat form, he'll shift into it.  He'll mentally search for Noir and Aylia using his attunments to them, as well.

((@Lenglon
Did Oz give you special permission to start with a stat above +2?  If so, I need to get on that for my own backup chars...

@ATH
Noir rolled a 5, while trying to completely change the basic nature of a being far more powerful than her.  That being rolled a six to resist.  She did the absolute best she possibly could do, but her absolute best simply wasn't good enough; no matter how hard it tries, a mouse will not be able to defeat a cat in brute strength if the cat's even vaugely making an effort.

I'll agree, the writing was mildly anticlimactic, but that's how this works.  Ozarck isn't writing a story, he's running a systematized game and telling us what happens in it.  He's only going to write a long and extended scene if the fancy takes him, and most of the time, no such thing will happen.))
((Said response ignored my charm magic which was happening at the same time as I did that. Said response made little to no actual sense considering what said being was doing last turn.))

((@ATH: Honestly, the GM was quite lenient and forgiving, considering how much you have complained about the last several turns. If I were GMing a game I would be decidedly less than pleased if a player suddenly decided to start criticizing my work, especially as bitterly as you have been. Ozarck seems to have kept remarkably chill about it all.))   
((yes I have been bitter, Because I felt that the last few turns have not made much sense and I feel like hes spiting me.))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 08:03:35 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 22, 2017, 03:57:13 pm »

If we had a wiki, we'd be starting our -9 event page. If Omega itself survives it.

Am ready to activate Valyrie then.
She'll remain in lockdown while the emergency is resolved.

Stay calm try to summon forth some light.
"Shit shit shit HELP HELP! Need light can't see."
(will roll: 6) you enter a state of numbness. Nothing really matters. it'll all work itself out in the end.

Light magic? Your magic is buff spells and healing. Why does everyone instantly try to do magic outside their stated area of expertise? (3) you see several small lights flicker in front of your eyes. they illuminate nothing.

((.....I rolled a 5.....they rolled a 6...I should have lived they would have had to rolled twice as well. Since its agasint my damn charisma as well this makes absoloutley no sense that action is nonsensical ozark))
Your magic is overwhelmed and consumed. And soon, so are you. Noir is destroyed completely by a black rush of destructive magic.

((That entire paragraph is short. Stupid and not satisfying and nothing but angrying. There is not enough rolls. It does not take my constitution or will into effect. It dosent take my action into any real effect or thought. It dosent make much sense for aylia itself to go suddenly. **BAWAHAHA DIEU** I rolled a 5 logically it should have been a roll to resist noirs charm. The action I posted was not attacking and makes no reference or real correlation to this post. It dosent even have them meaningfully react Sensibly. They go from talking to suddendly throwing themself off a cliff.

I put effort into my post it feels like you dident.

((This writing dosent make me feel anything else but mad to be honest.

((It feel's nonsensical and dosent make sense to follow as a scene))
talk to me in PM. I'll try to explain it all as clearly as I can, without giving away any spoilers that remain important. I understand your frustration. It's exactly how i react to my own characters' deaths. To be clear, I want to talk in PM so as not to clutter up the thread with discussions of your character, some backstory, and why I write the way I do.

Given the current established level of competence and discretion among Omega higher-ups, about two days from now.
Also, that dragon seems like a powerful pseudo-demonic entity. could result in some interesting resonances.

You want me to feed you to the dragon? Omega isn't that stupid.
Not what I mean. Resonances just from being close to such a power.
(5) You awaken in your vial. That's not supposed to happen. You are incredibly disoriented, being aware without senses.

((@Lenglon

@ATH

(1) All you Dar senses is the blackness. It disrupts your his magic, nearly sending you him feral. ((gotta remind myself to use third person))

Vines grow rapidly around the dragon's body, locking it in place. It roars in surprise, and thrashes, snapping several of the vines. More slowly, the rock itself begins to climb the dragon's legs, as the dragon starts to slip off the edge of the cliff and slide downward. Lightning strikes at hte beast, but when it touches it's hide, it seems to be directed into strange, flowing patterns. Quicker than the eye can follow, the lightning flashes back out from claws, pikes, and tail, shattering stone, burning vine, and in general making a mess.

In the center of the Omega plateau, a trio of beings begins a chant. another being is seen racing across the plateau toward the trio, and another rises to the brink of the plateau and steps forward as well, on the opposite side from the dragon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 22, 2017, 04:10:53 pm »

((crap, just came home and missed today's update))
Follow overseer dude to the central meeting hall and assist in any way he asks me to
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 194