Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284831 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #2235 on: May 05, 2017, 09:21:09 pm »

I'm going to ask again: is this creature one that arose inside of Omega Base' boundaries?
I thought I had answered this before. The rockcat was on this ground before it was omega. If that doesn't sound possible to you, you and I need to talk metaphysics.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: May 05, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »

((Huh.  Aylia can't turn into a normal cat?  Hadn't realized that.))

Welp, it seems like Dar is on pause until Rockat's metaphysical origin is determined, so that gives me more time to argue with you!  Yay!

Edit: Oh, and about the mission, Dar would rather not go because he was told there might be another mission to Lathal.  Still, if Aylia or Noir go, he will follow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: May 05, 2017, 10:33:01 pm »

I'm going to ask again: is this creature one that arose inside of Omega Base' boundaries?
I thought I had answered this before. The rockcat was on this ground before it was omega. If that doesn't sound possible to you, you and I need to talk metaphysics.
It's not possible.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: May 06, 2017, 04:06:03 am »

Egan:
Star Sprite form tends to view distances in a very peculiar way. "All is connected, all is near. yet some things are distant. Omega feels distant, but it is remarkably close to some places. From your experiences with transportation, you get the sense that Omega could be a particular location inside Fey, bound on all sides by the unknowable - the fog, darkness, or emptiness of unexplored thought forming an impenetrable barrier around the hard and known spot that is Omega - an island of reality in a sea of chaos. But, in Star Sprite form, you don't see any chaos at the edges of Omega. It feels more like ... well, You've never experienced any actual stars in Star Sprite form, so you really have nothing to compare it to, except Sky and Lathal. it's like Lathal, except without anything else around, and not a sphere, but a plane. Ground is down, sky is up, the cardinal directions are out, Omega is in.

((Huh.  Aylia can't turn into a normal cat?  Hadn't realized that.))
((she used to be able to, but it got perma-changed to have some frostyness when Aylia nearly died.))
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 04:10:53 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: May 06, 2017, 06:53:21 am »

hmm. I should stop answering selectively, because the conversation is getting away from me a little.

I forgot about the Lathal return mission. You guys in a hurry to do that one? we can do that one.

Lenglon: I've been treating Giant Frost cat as a form of it's own, though by rights it is a combined form. Being a combined form means I have to roll for cohesion each time you use it and each time stress might make it unbalance one way or the other.

In general, intelligence trumps fey heritage in power ranking. Water nymphs are smaller, simpler beings, like sprites and fairies, and have no dramatic powers to offset that (like Star Sprites' various abilities).

Sy,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

@twinwolf: you have one too many pluses in both stats and skills for the number of minuses. Otherwise, the character looks good. are you interested in going on the mission back to where Ebony died? Or would the other mission - to combat a magic plague - be preferable?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: May 06, 2017, 07:23:11 am »

((Remember, the people who went on the murder-mission and lost a character got one free level? That's where I got the +1 to Skill Mastery/Specialization and bumped a -1 Dex to 0.))

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:35:21 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: May 06, 2017, 07:30:45 am »

struckthrough the question you answered to help you with bookkeeping. am keeping all character actions in that same post.

In that case, I'd be happy to accept it as an additional form added to the list, considering how much she's using it.

so intelligent forms are more expensive... hmmm.... I'll have to keep that in mind.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 06, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »

Noir breathed quietly and rubbed her neck as she drank and then she saw..aylia and gave a small smile. They couldent believe they had wandered off into the desert like that.
"Hey aylia you doing alright?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 06, 2017, 11:40:10 pm »

"Yeah, I'm kinda rattled but am overall okay. How about you?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 06, 2017, 11:55:14 pm »

It's not possible.
One: You make me sad. Two: Explain.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 07, 2017, 02:23:23 am »

Egan:
Egan:
Star Sprite form tends to view distances in a very peculiar way. "All is connected, all is near. yet some things are distant. Omega feels distant, but it is remarkably close to some places. From your experiences with transportation, you get the sense that Omega could be a particular location inside Fey, bound on all sides by the unknowable - the fog, darkness, or emptiness of unexplored thought forming an impenetrable barrier around the hard and known spot that is Omega - an island of reality in a sea of chaos. But, in Star Sprite form, you don't see any chaos at the edges of Omega. It feels more like ... well, You've never experienced any actual stars in Star Sprite form, so you really have nothing to compare it to, except Sky and Lathal. it's like Lathal, except without anything else around, and not a sphere, but a plane. Ground is down, sky is up, the cardinal directions are out, Omega is in.
Omega isn't in a "normal" location. there was nothing, as in literally nothing there before Omega was there.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 07, 2017, 06:56:23 pm »

"..I'm a Little better...I woulden't say I'm okay but ill live for now. I might want to rest for a while or try and take a relatively simple mission."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 07, 2017, 07:36:47 pm »

Am up for mission, would also be up for returning to Lathal with Dar.

If I can find Noir, I'd like to try to acquire her again. I know she was non-acquirable before, but I mean, I've gotten better at it now, right? and she does have that healing magic... and even if the magic isn't copyable, the large flyer form would be pretty cool to have.

I want to try to construct a form for myself, that uses generic human as a baseline, but that is as good looking / charismatic / persuastive as possible while still staying visually within human norms. I'm thinking it'd be a mix of Human and water nymph? or at least that seems like a place a start from.

-snip for bookkeeping-
Form mimic roll:(6) Will roll: (2) You begin to acquire the form, drawing in whatever essence it is that makes Noir, Noir. iIt is a struggle at first, to attain the goal, bt at some critical point, it seems to become easy. Subtle changes to physiology tell you that you are adopting the human part. The first sign of success. The first obvious change is the wings, sprouting from your back, tearing through your clothing. And then the claws. As the form seems to come easier, something else comes with it: rage, bloodlust, disdain, madness. your tail lashes angrily, kniockign against the walls and basically destroying Noir's room. And you look on her, from a height, and see an upstart. a whelp,a contender that dares your presence without proper deference. Dark sparks rage across your scales and fire and hatred burn in your eyes. Action roll vs reaction roll (1) v (6) you lash out, but Noir is already back, out of the room. You roar.

"..I'm a Little better...I woulden't say I'm okay but ill live for now. I might want to rest for a while or try and take a relatively simple mission."
Aylia changes before your very eyes. She grows wings. She starts to look like you for a moment. and then her scales darken, her eyes redden and her snout lengthens. You back away in horror, just as one long claw lashes out to strike you.

((Remember, the people who went on the murder-mission and lost a character got one free level? That's where I got the +1 to Skill Mastery/Specialization and bumped a -1 Dex to 0.))
Ah. You should have mentioned you were using it. gotcha. All good.

It's not possible.
One: You make me sad. Two: Explain.
Here ya go:
Egan:
Egan:
Omega isn't in a "normal" location. there was nothing, as in literally nothing there before Omega was there.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2248 on: May 07, 2017, 07:51:50 pm »

((Oh FUCK))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Bloodlust
« Reply #2249 on: May 07, 2017, 11:27:44 pm »

Return to default form immediately. Actively refuse to take ANY other actions. Do not move, do not attack, do not anything but return to default form.

I know now isnt the time for bookeeping, but to clear room for Noir-form Aylia'd abandon flying lizard form once she thought she was succeeding.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 06:12:15 am by Lenglon »
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 194