Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284877 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #2160 on: April 11, 2017, 12:25:14 pm »

((not unexpected though.))

I have a pretty big list of side actions to run through, so let me know if you want to speed things up at any point to prep for another mission.

I check on my portrait, put all my gear away except my collar, and the star sprite locket on it from my star sprite that died last mission. I set that aside as well, but accessableon my bed, and shift to star sprite form. I then seek out the star sprites so I can learn what I need to know to get to and from Omega base.

Your portrait shows nothing. Just you. you look at your face, your posture, your expression, trying to feel something, but nothing at all comes.

As for the rest, done. the Star Sprites tell you that you need to Start at Omega in Sprite form, transfer to wherever you are going, memorize said location, and then make the leap. They are skeptical of your ability to safely do so, and also mention something about an 'Omega lock.' Seems that whatever that is, it is not hte Sprites' doing.

((There's a fair chunk that I wanted to say, but I'll leave it at "Dar only has -1 intelligence".  I'll also ask that you stop writing in second person, as in general I dislike my characters' actions being described with "you".))

Dar stares at the man for several seconds, eyes narrowed and ears drawn further back.  When he speaks, his voice is annoyed, almost sarcastic.  "This one does not expect it to understand.  Did it not asked for one capable of understanding?  One which understands metal, as Twoleg, but magic in addition?  Such a creature is what Cat needs.  Does Twoleg know of any?"

Request information.
"mmm. Sure, I guess Alphonse would be who you want." The guy gives youDar directions to a sleeping room not far from the metalwork section.
Alphonse, it turns out, is another human - tall, lanky and muscular. Long black hair, heavy lidded eyes, a few burn scars across his dark skin. He lives in comparative luxury, with a bed on a wooden frame, a mattress, a pillow, a desk, chair, several light sources, and a few odds and ends.  He is currently7  laying in bed, propped on one arm, rubbing his eyes like he just woke up.

((apologies. Sometimes it is simply more convenient to shorthand. I'll try to be distinct. Also, I meant no offense, if you took any. Anyway, Dar's -1 intelligence is coupled with his being a cat and having cat intelligence, and, of course, a roll to determine what, if any, additional information you got. I had to make myself not spill the beans a couple times, but now that another player has brought it up, the information was fair game.))

"Happy statement: this one's confidence in your abilities was not misplaced, dear gentlegnomes."

Take my new floating staff out for a walk. Go see how that foreman guy I've talked to a few times now is doing.
((I forget what color speech he used)) You find the foreman eating dinner in the cafeteria. He seems happy enough, and greets you pleasantly. "Your recent mission was a success?"

Follow rockman to the courtyard I suppose

hte rockman takes you to a small garden and stands beside a fountain shaped table with a bench around the edge. on the table is a plain of sand with several rocks in it, a few rakes, and a couple pendulums. There is also a fountain on one side of hte table that runs water into a small basin. The rock guy stands quiet, top rock tilted toward you slightly, waiting.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 11, 2017, 12:30:42 pm »

welp, I need to find out what this "Omega Lock" thing is about. I might need some kind of permission or marker to jump to Omega. I'll ask my chain of command for information, expecting to be reffered to someone else when I do so. When they do redirect me, I will go through the redirect and ask the appropriate expert the same questions about how Star Sprites jump and what this Omega lock is about and how I can get access through it if it is an issue - in other words, I do the reasonable logical follow-up, and I understand that my first source will probably not be able to directly give me the answer and I accept that.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 11, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »

"Cat has request of twoleg.  It has collected metal from world of metal, where nature is harsh and dying.  This one wishes to have metal formed to its body, to keep it close, as..." the feline pauses and looks downward for a few seconds, thinking "Focus, no?  Yes, focus for magic.  Is Twoleg capable of this?"

Boldtext.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 11, 2017, 05:30:04 pm »

((I also forgot what colour he used. Did he even have a colour?))

"Reply: In a manner of speaking, yes. The conditions for mission success were met in the end, the UnderDwarves were found and given the bill for the operation, in triplicate. This one did end up in a nearly non-functional state by the time we returned here and this one lost Fiddler Organic, which it finds very unfortunate.

Oh, this one supposes it lost another teammember when we fought the giant crab as well, but that was an acceptable loss, really.

Query: How have you been doing?"

converse

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 11, 2017, 08:18:33 pm »

Noir looks around the area quietly. She after a few moments head's over to the water..and looks into it. Her face stares back at her and she bites her lip. She looked tired...there were bags under her eyes now. She looked so damn tired...and she dident look well. She looked sickly...pale very pale like something was wrong with her. She...couldn't disagree with that idea...she couldn't bring herself too. Her hands curled up as she gets on her knees. She quietly....tried to....contact her father..she needed to hear his voice to hear their mothers voice. She wanted to know what to do....To have the choice of having to confront this. To having to confront the aching feeling taken away she wanted their advice...she wanted to feel her mother hug her tight and stroke her hair and tell her stories like she was young again. To hear her father gloating and yammering on about himself...it...brought a smile to her face..what she thought to be so boring so mundane...seemed so precious now.
"....M-Mom...D-Dad..please...Please I want to hear your voice again...I want to see you again..I....Please help..me."

Attempt to contact father and mother...To hear them again to speak with them again..she needed this she needed to hear them..she dident know what to do...and she was scared...and afraid...she felt like a failure..and she wanted to just hear them again..to speak with them again.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 12, 2017, 01:30:16 am »

((Meh))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 12, 2017, 06:11:47 am »

welp, I need to find out what this "Omega Lock" thing is about. I might need some kind of permission or marker to jump to Omega. I'll ask my chain of command for information, expecting to be reffered to someone else when I do so. When they do redirect me, I will go through the redirect and ask the appropriate expert the same questions about how Star Sprites jump and what this Omega lock is about and how I can get access through it if it is an issue - in other words, I do the reasonable logical follow-up, and I understand that my first source will probably not be able to directly give me the answer and I accept that.
You are eventually referred to someone who tells you this: "Omega Legion is, after all, a prison, as well as something of a nontraditional military outpost. The lock the Sprites speak of is one way in which Omega keeps our more assertive criminals from escaping, and it keeps unwanted influences out. Additionally, you may have noticed Omega's rather unusual location? It is no easy feat to get in and out. Even things like fairy circles do not function properly here without quite a bit of effort. The lock prevents some with a lesser talent from simply porting themselves into Chaos.

I understand that you have some difficulty shifting into a Star Sprite form? That is to be expected. the more unique a being, or the more powerful, or ephemereal, the harder it is to gain that form. you do, after all, imprint your target onto yourself. think of it like sight. You can memorize the shape of a flower - stare at it for some time, rotate it in your hand, smell it, feel it. You can gain quite a bit of knowledge about the flower and can understand it quite well. A star, on the other hand,is far away, massive, too ht to handle, and,if one is close enough to see their shape, they cannot look directly at it for any length of time. It takes much more abstract thought study, extrapolation, and experience to understand a star. And even when we do get some understanding, we often are only catching a glimpse of a shadow of an echo of the truth.

You understand that this means it may be quite risky to yourself for you to attempt to move between Omega and elsewhere by this method? if you are still interested in trying, I can get you permission. Understand though, that failure could be fatal.

"Cat has request of twoleg.  It has collected metal from world of metal, where nature is harsh and dying.  This one wishes to have metal formed to its body, to keep it close, as..." the feline pauses and looks downward for a few seconds, thinking "Focus, no?  Yes, focus for magic.  Is Twoleg capable of this?"

Boldtext.
"Hah? Talking cat. ugh. I guess. bring me beer, and your metal. You want a collar or a coat? what? Want it melded to your skin?"

((I also forgot what colour he used. Did he even have a colour?))

"Reply: In a manner of speaking, yes. The conditions for mission success were met in the end, the UnderDwarves were found and given the bill for the operation, in triplicate. This one did end up in a nearly non-functional state by the time we returned here and this one lost Fiddler Organic, which it finds very unfortunate.

Oh, this one supposes it lost another teammember when we fought the giant crab as well, but that was an acceptable loss, really.

Query: How have you been doing?"

converse
"I am sorry to hear about your teammate. That's pretty rough.

Well, my latest mission was less successful. You'd think after seven missions... but no, some people never learn. Well, that one won't be my problem any longer." He shakes his head, but you can't tell if it is a sad, disappointed, or relieved gesture.

"Omega isn't the nicest home to return to, but I am glad to be back. The Asylum is up and functional. It's pretty exciting really. We're learning a lot about some of the weirdnesses that have happened. And we've been able to fix some issues. Even got one of our people back out on mission. And that idol you fellas brought back has been a nice improvement - the water is fresher and more lively" He grins at this.

"So, you need anything? you look different than I remember? I guess you've been repaired pretty well, then?"

Noir looks around the area quietly. She after a few moments head's over to the water..and looks into it. Her face stares back at her and she bites her lip. She looked tired...there were bags under her eyes now. She looked so damn tired...and she dident look well. She looked sickly...pale very pale like something was wrong with her. She...couldn't disagree with that idea...she couldn't bring herself too. Her hands curled up as she gets on her knees. She quietly....tried to....contact her father..she needed to hear his voice to hear their mothers voice. She wanted to know what to do....To have the choice of having to confront this. To having to confront the aching feeling taken away she wanted their advice...she wanted to feel her mother hug her tight and stroke her hair and tell her stories like she was young again. To hear her father gloating and yammering on about himself...it...brought a smile to her face..what she thought to be so boring so mundane...seemed so precious now.
"....M-Mom...D-Dad..please...Please I want to hear your voice again...I want to see you again..I....Please help..me."

Attempt to contact father and mother...To hear them again to speak with them again..she needed this she needed to hear them..she dident know what to do...and she was scared...and afraid...she felt like a failure..and she wanted to just hear them again..to speak with them again.
the water's surface wavers a bit under Noir's breath, but it does not resolve into the image of either her father or her mother.A small puddle of snot drips from her nose into the water and drifts toward the waterfall.

"Life got ya down, kiddo?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 12, 2017, 06:18:10 am »

"Yes, though my intentions are to reserve it for emergancies. A time may come where I need to get back to Omega instantly."
Assuming I get permission through the Omega lock, my next thing to do is to maximize my success odds at trying to actually do it. I need to look into setting up a beacon of some sort in my room, with a clear and designated landing spot that is safe and KEPT clear, to avoid teleportating into things shenanigans, and to make sure I'm properly bonded with Senna to strengthen the other end of the probable jump path. I also need to spend an extended time period with the Star sprites, refining my star sprite form as much as possible and learning all I can about them and how to do what they do, including where various places are, how star sprite society works, why the are with Omega, and so on. and I understand that Star Sprite will probably count as two forms in terms of how many I have acquired due to how much extra data it needs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 08:12:17 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 12, 2017, 09:20:13 am »

Noir lightly jumps at the voice and is silent for a few moments..nervousness filling her. On one hand, she had expected..she supposed solitude here while on the other...another voice was very comforting...she had expected wanted an answer badly. She wanted it badly something anything..instead of just the energy her father flows into her. It's all she has to know he still cares if he hated her...disowned her or anything of the like it would be gone completely and utterly. When Noir spoke it was with an underlying tremble and it was soft and quiet.
"...Yeah."
Say above.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 12, 2017, 01:28:57 pm »

"This one does not know location of beer.  It is capable of purifying water, if Twoleg wishes.  As for metal..."

If Dar is not capable of transporting all the metal on his own, as I've been assuming, Dar will say the below and then try to lead the guy to the metal:

"This one does not have the capability to transport it.  It can show Twoleg to metal instead, yes?"

Otherwise, say the below, then go retrieve it and drag it back to the guy.

"This one will return with it shortly."

Yes, he didn't answer the "what to do with it" question yet.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 12, 2017, 02:41:12 pm »

"Conversational Reply: This one has undergone some extreme repairs, yes. That tends to happen when you lose your arm and half your head in addition to breaking half of the joints in your body. But the gnomes are good at what they do, this one has to give them that. We're bunking together nowadays.

This one understands your feeling on some people never learning. With this one's recent promotion the leadership expects this one to somehow herd those under it in such a way that they survive. But really, some of them are so thick that losses are inevitable.

Anyway, this one doesn't particularely need anything. Just dropping in to say hi. This one is between missions right now and the Omega staff are looking over an artifact painting this one brought back, so this one has some free time right now."

converse

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 15, 2017, 03:27:42 am »

"Yes, though my intentions are to reserve it for emergancies. A time may come where I need to get back to Omega instantly."
Assuming I get permission through the Omega lock, my next thing to do is to maximize my success odds at trying to actually do it. I need to look into setting up a beacon of some sort in my room, with a clear and designated landing spot that is safe and KEPT clear, to avoid teleportating into things shenanigans, and to make sure I'm properly bonded with Senna to strengthen the other end of the probable jump path. I also need to spend an extended time period with the Star sprites, refining my star sprite form as much as possible and learning all I can about them and how to do what they do, including where various places are, how star sprite society works, why the are with Omega, and so on. and I understand that Star Sprite will probably count as two forms in terms of how many I have acquired due to how much extra data it needs.
You get a provisional permission, to train with the Star Sprites and attempt a crossing. Is Senna available? (3) turns out, she is, so you switch to Star Sprite form and bond with her for a while. You are already familiar with her in your other form, so the binding is fairly straightforward. The Sprites inform you that a beacon is not necessary - the room itself will do.

Sprite society? Well, remember that they are not quite intelligent, and are fairly terrible at explaining themselves. You discover that they are basically messenger beings between "the stars." They seem to think that each s formed by a star for that purpose, and that a single star can have many Sprites. When asked why they are with Omega, they reply "The Queen is our Star."

Okay, you have a home location, a bonded person, and as much training as you'll likely get. So, you have a 2/6 chance of failing to teleport, and on a fail, a 2/6  chance of catastrophic failure. That's 4/36, 1/9, or 11.11% also, only on a 5 will you be able to attempt the return journey within a usable time frame - and that with increased odds of failure.

Noir lightly jumps at the voice and is silent for a few moments..nervousness filling her. On one hand, she had expected..she supposed solitude here while on the other...another voice was very comforting...she had expected wanted an answer badly. She wanted it badly something anything..instead of just the energy her father flows into her. It's all she has to know he still cares if he hated her...disowned her or anything of the like it would be gone completely and utterly. When Noir spoke it was with an underlying tremble and it was soft and quiet.
"...Yeah."
Say above.

"Yeah, we get one like you on occasion. Of course, not here ... nah, who we get in the asylum tends to be harder cases." Her statement is punctuated by an ear piercing scream and a low rumble that vibrates through the ground and shakes the sand and water on the table.
Soooo, what's the problem, eh?"

edit: whoooooooooooops

"This one does not know location of beer.  It is capable of purifying water, if Twoleg wishes.  As for metal..."

If Dar is not capable of transporting all the metal on his own, as I've been assuming, Dar will say the below and then try to lead the guy to the metal:

"This one does not have the capability to transport it.  It can show Twoleg to metal instead, yes?"

Otherwise, say the below, then go retrieve it and drag it back to the guy.

"This one will return with it shortly."

Yes, he didn't answer the "what to do with it" question yet.
The guy's not leaving his room, but we'll say you find someone or buff or something and get the metal to him either way. He just looks at teh pile, looks at you and says "Beer."

"Conversational Reply: This one has undergone some extreme repairs, yes. That tends to happen when you lose your arm and half your head in addition to breaking half of the joints in your body. But the gnomes are good at what they do, this one has to give them that. We're bunking together nowadays.

This one understands your feeling on some people never learning. With this one's recent promotion the leadership expects this one to somehow herd those under it in such a way that they survive. But really, some of them are so thick that losses are inevitable.

Anyway, this one doesn't particularely need anything. Just dropping in to say hi. This one is between missions right now and the Omega staff are looking over an artifact painting this one brought back, so this one has some free time right now."

converse
((forgot about the painting. oops. I'll get you that info soonish))

"Free time huh? Amazing how quickly we adapt to this place and consider it a home. A place of freedom. when i first arrived, I saw this place as my death. the end of my life and anything but freedom. Now ... I don't know, I guess I find purpose here. like, even with it's faults, and filled with villainy, there is something worth doing here.

I'm glad you get along with the gnomes so well. They're a funny lot. I wouldn't want to bunk with them, myself, but I'm probably a little more squishy than yourself, eh? Still, I like them - their arguments are hilarious, and they seem to have a bond that goes beyond friendship."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:35:58 am by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 15, 2017, 04:15:36 am »

Welp, thats all I can do on that front. Next up - shifting experimentation!

My MAG went up in my last levelup, and I got a ton of practice with Giant Frost Cat form last mission. Am I able to get the Realy big version consistantly now? can I get an even bigger one?

I need to find out if Floaty has stingers, if stingers are poisonious, and if I can control them or if their use is involuntary.

I also want to test partial-shifts to floaty. Can I get light enough to float while still looking normal? or while retaining my default shape enough to use my bow?

Annnd I want to test hybridizing floaty with other forms. I'll start with frostcat and compare Floaty Frostcat to Giant Frostcat.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 15, 2017, 03:29:13 pm »

Dar'yajira growls out a simple "...What?" upon hearing the man's monosyllabic response.  He glares up at the mage, ears flat against his head and lips drawn back into a snarl, and starts to shout angrily.  "Does Twoleg truly expect that this one will fetch it rotten poison, despite not knowing location of such, or being capable of carrying liquid?  Clearly, Twoleg is much too incapable alone, yes.  It wishes for poison, but another must do the poisoning!  Fine, Cat understands.  It may not get beer, but it is druid; if Twoleg wants poison, Dar'yajira can get it poison!"

That really nice bed the guy was sleeping in, it's made of dead organic matter, yes?  Well, let's see if we can't give it a bit of life, and grow it into something resembling this dude's desires.  Maybe... Some sort of thorny fruit vines, preferably something with an intoxicating poison.

After that, assuming the guy doesn't begin combat, Dar's gonna drag the metal out (or storm out and take it with him, however he transported it), and try and get it down to the bottom of the canyon, or at least to a secluded area away from Twolegs
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 194