Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285012 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1995 on: March 08, 2017, 04:04:51 pm »

"The pact was one made usualy by the shaman and cheiftan of my tribe...they'd try and offer sacrifices and perform rituals to gain us favor in battle and raids. We'd offer up prisoners captured or the corpse,of a worthy foe. We were usualy taught the basic tenants of our tribes values and those of the butcher. I made the pact though, after my exile from the tribe...when I lost most of my sight to a large beast.
Rolland taps next to his right eye
"I remember the ritual of the pact, I had offered up some blood and gore of those I killed on a simple stone shrine. Mainly that of some pirates that had attacked a town I found residence in...I had to endure a challenge to prove my worth and fight a creature that came from the blood and gore...while I did not defeat it I seem to have done well enough to win some favore as I was given a task....a goal to gain my eyes back, one I took to well"
Rolland chuckles a bit
"I managed to gather the resources over time for the ritual to get my eyes back.  So I believe the pact is done through rituals and something akin to blood magic. I have since tried to keepthe butcher satisfied and to keep his favor so that I will have the strength and power to endure all chalenges and foes."
Rolland stops and thinks for a moment
"As of now I can feel his hunger. His desire to be sated"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 08, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »

Well then. Be human and try to find something entertaining to do.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 10, 2017, 03:12:22 am »

I triumphantly crush some bugs while walking over.
"Now, bring me to my chambers, guard. You witnessed my prowess, you know how exceptional I am."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 11, 2017, 01:58:44 pm »

"The pact was one made usualy by the shaman and cheiftan of my tribe...they'd try and offer sacrifices and perform rituals to gain us favor in battle and raids. We'd offer up prisoners captured or the corpse,of a worthy foe. We were usualy taught the basic tenants of our tribes values and those of the butcher. I made the pact though, after my exile from the tribe...when I lost most of my sight to a large beast.
Rolland taps next to his right eye
"I remember the ritual of the pact, I had offered up some blood and gore of those I killed on a simple stone shrine. Mainly that of some pirates that had attacked a town I found residence in...I had to endure a challenge to prove my worth and fight a creature that came from the blood and gore...while I did not defeat it I seem to have done well enough to win some favore as I was given a task....a goal to gain my eyes back, one I took to well"
Rolland chuckles a bit
"I managed to gather the resources over time for the ritual to get my eyes back.  So I believe the pact is done through rituals and something akin to blood magic. I have since tried to keepthe butcher satisfied and to keep his favor so that I will have the strength and power to endure all chalenges and foes."
Rolland stops and thinks for a moment
"As of now I can feel his hunger. His desire to be sated"
"I see, I see. Prisoners of war, and the blood of worthy foes, you say? Will this butcher accept other sacrifices? blood of animals, blood of children, artificial blood? The demon grants physical restoration and combat prowess for your service? tell me, what does this demon seem to considr a worthy sacrifice?"

Well then. Be human and try to find something entertaining to do.
the lost in the dark thread is wrapped up. You could go harass the returning heroes. you could go to the alchemists and try to get  a potion to allow you to fart flames. You could go to the mechanists to try to get a set of powered ladles for cooking large batches of witches brew. There's always gambling and murder.

Hmm, that gives me an idea for the next mission.

I triumphantly crush some bugs while walking over.
"Now, bring me to my chambers, guard. You witnessed my prowess, you know how exceptional I am."
"Are the chambers we have brought you to not satisfactory?" The guard says in mock surprise. Then he chuckles, and leads you away. As you walk, he waves at a few tunnels and says "living quarters are over there, and a few other locations around the rim. Find one that suits you." He then guides you to a laboratory, where a few masked scientists ask you to breathe out each of your gases into various containers, and ask you questions at length on how your powers work.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 11, 2017, 02:11:17 pm »

"From experience, usual something I've hunted or defeated in battle....As for the blood of children....I wouldn't know, my tribe does not sacrifice the young and inferm."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 11, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »

I answer their questions in the most pompous way, highlighting my own excellence and uniqueness. After this I'm looking for the biggest room. If all rooms are the same size which I kind of expect, I look for the one with the nicest view. If all views are kinda the same, I'l look for the closest avaible room to the restrooms.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 11, 2017, 06:31:14 pm »

Clunkers foregoes repairs for now and directly goes to the Omega Legion superior officer for the caves mission to give his report.

"Weary statement: Designation Clunkers, here to report on the cave search and rescue mission.

This one and the party made their way to the UnderElf stockade and established contact with them. We then ventured into the cave system. It should be noted that Legionnaire Thrips spend the entire time with the cart at the starting point. This one supposes he 'protected' the cart, but ultimately he did not aid in the mission. Anyway, we made our way deeper into the caves, following the guidestones. At some point, we were stopped by a skeleton. The skeleton took us into an elevator, which brought us to some kind of platform underwater. As most of the team had to scramble not to drown, this one and Zylo did battle with a giant crab. The crab did much damage to this one and the team. We lost one legionnaire, Nip Nop or whatever.

After the bottom feeding pest was dealt with, the skeleton deposited the remaining members of the team into a cursed vault. We looted some objects, then left. In the tunnel ahead, we were attacked by strange spiders. All present members fought well, though it was Fiddler Organic who truly decided the outcome. Afterwards we ventured forth and found the source of the dwarven dissapearance. They were stuck in a room with carved heads that screamed. The screams carried some kind of magical effects. Fiddler Organic was unfortunately affected badly, and perished. This one managed to shut down the effects for a while. In the lull, we freed three UnderDwarves and put down one who was too far gone. We then returned to the UnderElf Stockade and delivered the UnderDwarves.

This one also drew up a form for the cost of the expidition, and got both the UnderDwarves and UnderElves to sign it in triplicate. This is your copy.

Additional info: This one managed to bring back the corpse of Fiddler Organic, and wishes that he recieves a decent burial, at the very least.

Requests: This one has several requests for compensation of this mission. One, this one would like to finally claim a room of its own in the legion base."

Clunkers scratches the demolished part of its head with its one remaining arm

"Second, as you can see, this one will require extensive repairs by the gnomes. This one also requests that the gnomes do some alterations to this one's inner workings. This one's drone bay was damaged, and this one would like to replace it with something else.

Thirdly, this one feels that with the amount of succesful missions under its belt, some kind of promotion might be in order.

Query: Do you require additional information? If so, you will need to write it down as this one's auditory sensors were burned out during this one's battle with the screaming magic. Honestly, this one is unsure if this one possesses a part that is not damaged at this point."

TL:DR
-3 Dwarves saved, 1 Dwarf put out of its misery, payment form signed by all parties involved in triplicate
-Squad performance: Clunkers: A+, Fiddler: A+ dead, Nip Nop: Ded, Thrips: F- lets make it a D- since he didn't actually hinder the mission either, Giglam: A-,  Zylo: A-
-Clunkers requests: Fiddler burial, own room, promotion, extensive repairs by gnomes and replacement of drone bay with someting else, probably going to harass the quartermaster for more single-use totems at a later date too.

If officer want additional info, write it down because Clunkers is still deaf.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 06:58:37 pm by Pancaek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 11, 2017, 07:32:34 pm »

My attention has been drawn back to this thread! To that end, I'll continue with my inquiries about my small stabby character. Would something like the animated statue of a baby be acceptable? Would that fall under 'construct'?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 11, 2017, 07:36:22 pm »

My attention has been drawn back to this thread! To that end, I'll continue with my inquiries about my small stabby character. Would something like the animated statue of a baby be acceptable? Would that fall under 'construct'?
I think that'd qualify as child's play.

I do not mean that as an insult, I was making a reference, don't hurt me pls.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:01:46 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 11, 2017, 08:10:42 pm »

Let Chunkers do the report and head to the quartermasters to get a proper knife then find an alchemist and see if they have any thing that would be useful if slapped in a eggshell and thrown at people

Also I put 5 points into speed and 5 points into sharp weapons
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 11, 2017, 08:58:00 pm »

Hmm. Well regardless, for Ozarck's consideration:

Spoiler: Gak the Ganker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:26:39 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 11, 2017, 09:16:35 pm »

"...Well, anyhoo, it was nice to talking with you, sproingler. Do keep in touching me in the future."

Pas'qet excuses himself, satisfied with his own grasp of small talk.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 11, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »

Hmm. Well regardless, for Ozarck's consideration:

Spoiler: Gak the Ganker (click to show/hide)
approved with one caveat: what is a miscellaneous objects speciality?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 11, 2017, 10:05:48 pm »

Oh, I'd meant that to mean he's good at using any random object that comes to hand to murder things with. Kinda like the Miscellaneous Object User skill in DF - forks and cups and severed limbs, that sort of deal. Anything not really classified as a 'weapon' - say glass shards or somesuch.
Sig! Onol

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 11, 2017, 10:15:11 pm »

fair enough. You should specify tough so there is no confusion later. Something like "Melee weapon: miscellaneous objects."
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 194