Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285164 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1920 on: February 13, 2017, 07:46:45 am »

dunno if id rate ebony over cho to be honest, care to elaborate on your thoughts about those spells?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: February 13, 2017, 07:52:38 am »

The critical deciding spell is ebony's healspell. Its the best healing any character has by a huge margin, and healspells bring back the abilities of another character. so it kinda counts as a placeholder <insert other character's ability here> spell, on top of what it does in of itself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: February 13, 2017, 08:06:19 am »

i wouldnt really count the placeholder effect myself.
its only really effective if the teammate is still alive, we saw a LOT of insta-kills this mission, and the end result is only as useful as that teammate.

So in my mind you are basically saying ebony is the most versatile because she's the best at one thing.
I find that rather humorous. :P

Edit:
Also if you recall ebony cast that spell on herself along with cho's treatment and recovery buff and she's still not back to fighting shape, so it's not actually as powerful as it first appears.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:18:04 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: February 13, 2017, 08:18:47 am »

Nah, I listed the critical decider. the spell roster as a whole has pretty low overlap, and either fills niche roles or abilities, or applies multipurpose effects.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: February 13, 2017, 08:32:24 am »

Yeah, I really wanted the whole picture so we could have a nice discussion about it.

I see that she has the really good heal, the scout spell and the decent combat spell line-up, but her big bunch of trap focused and magic identification spells are too niche and rarely encountered for me to rank her as truly versatile.

Cho on the other hand can do literally anything any bug can, and if he finds something he can't deal with he can just go into a food coma and come out with the tools to overcome the problem...
Plus he has medical skills, sorcery, tankiness out the wazoo and close to mid range combat effectiveness.
He can, or has the capacity to, do anything short of interact socially...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: February 13, 2017, 08:46:46 am »

True, but this isnt ER. I think social interaction rolls have been the most common of all rolls in the game thus far. thats a major limiter there. one ebony doesnt have.

Also, Cho's roster of abilities should be compared to Aylia's. Because if Aylia beats cho, and ebony beats Aylia, then transitive property applies. The thing Cho brings that Aylia doesnt is tankyness, but thats more a power thing than a versatility one.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: February 13, 2017, 11:11:25 am »

I'm tempted to agree that Ebony's the most versatile, but looking at the sheets I'd have to go with Aylia in that category.  The only hole she has is a lack of magical healing; but every other ability category she at least has something.  She isn't tanky at all, but even her stat deficiencies don't matter that much in Frost Giant forms.  She is both a melee and ranged damage dealer.  She has charisma and leadership ability.  General intelligence.  Flight.  Stealth.  Even non-magical healing equivalent to Cho's, and that's her largest gap!

In every area that I can think of, Aylia has something, whereas there's clear holes in both Cho and Ebony's skillsets; the former isn't charismatic or a leader, the latter can't fly, the former doesn't have many ranged options, the latter is squishy as hell.

Yeah, Ebony certainly has the most versatile magic--she's a traditional wizard who can have essentially unlimited spells!  She just doesn't have the number needed to be as flexible, yet.

And Cho?  He's a giant bug that apparently hates talking.  That's nearly as much of a handicap as Dar being a cat.  Better in most cases, but very much hinders social situations.  Sorcery is powerful, but magic capable of anything a bug can do is still vastly more limited than "All magic", like Ebony, and mostly replicable by Aylia's ability to just be any bug, if she can copy the form beforehand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: February 13, 2017, 11:14:08 am »

Well then, I'm not going to have much to do unless you bring stuff to me. What kind of people have been passing through here?
The usual. Gnomes, Tall skinny things, Short fat things, a giant frog demon, three fairies, a rock troll, seven hooded figures - humanoid, a snake.

Struggle a bit and grumble
Rolland struggles a bit, grumbling
"Y'mind letting me out? Don't like being tied up like a beast to be slaughtered."
"Not good at listening, I see."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: February 13, 2017, 02:02:05 pm »

((wrist band with a small container sewn into it. I'm grabbing said wristband and opening said container...I wrote it as watch for some reason....also noir at least tried to eat that bread ration so she's at least ate something..
Its its most likely in one of her hands also what happened with the water in that action did I roll badly? And just not find water as well?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: February 13, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: February 13, 2017, 03:01:58 pm »

"M'names Rolland. Happy? Can I please know where I am and what is going to happen?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: February 13, 2017, 03:13:53 pm »

"My name is Horatio, you pleb. Release me and bring me to my quarters, immediatley"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: February 13, 2017, 03:21:56 pm »

Rolland gives out a scoff
 "Oh great. Please tell me I won't have to deal with this guy."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: February 13, 2017, 06:39:28 pm »

A very interesting character, Egan. Approved.

"M'names Rolland. Happy? Can I please know where I am and what is going to happen?"
A boot presses on your neck. You feel a strong tug on your wrists, and then a similar one on your ankles.
"There is a trigger, placed upon you. Use your pact on anyone from Omega, or anyone in the Queen's service, and the trigger will activate. Serve well, however, and you will have opportunity to use your pact in our behalf." With that, the boots move out of sight, and your arms flop down to your sides.

"My name is Horatio, you pleb. Release me and bring me to my quarters, immediatley"
"Your quarters? Horatio, we have much more interesting plans for you than that." You are hauled unceremoniously up and over someone's shoulder, and carried away from teh still supine Rolland. You must have blacked out after this, because when you come to, you are falling. You land with a jarring splash. It jolts yu awake, and you find that your restraints have been removed, as you are able to thrash about in the water and barely keep your head above the surface. You are in a dark place, and can see nothing.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: February 13, 2017, 07:01:36 pm »

Try to get up and look about where I am
Rolland Grumbles a bit before speaking out with annoyance
"So, I take it I am free to go?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:10:40 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 194