Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285292 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1875 on: February 09, 2017, 06:55:03 pm »

I think it would require several rolls in order to grow wings, be able to lift off with them, and be able to control them well enough to get around with.

Cho is rather ground oriented, and combat specialized, so flying seems to be generally outside his area of specialization.

I made Noir take a specialization in order to have limited flight as well, in spite of her beginning with wings.

Aylia on the other hand, I allowed to fly from the start, as a raven was one of her default shapes she shifted into frequently. But, note how she had to essentially relearn flight for the flying lizard.

I am open to persuasion though.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 09, 2017, 06:58:05 pm »

((If you can convince ozark to give noir full flight ill support you cho ;3))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 09, 2017, 07:42:45 pm »

I have a question. How big is the place? I don't think I'm the only one who didn't realize it was so big. The orbit time of only two hours made me think that it wasn't so huge as to take days to go from one part to the other.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:44 pm »

((Same.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 09, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »

Yeah, didn't think it would be that easy.

Although... Using metamorphosis to grow the wings and switch out a specialty is always an option.

Normally I'd consider it impossible to do on mission, but it does seem like we'd have the time..
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 09, 2017, 08:24:57 pm »

I was totally going to finish the character I posted like a week ago. But now I'm in a different mood. Therefore

>BE PYLON

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 09, 2017, 09:42:12 pm »

I have a question. How big is the place? I don't think I'm the only one who didn't realize it was so big. The orbit time of only two hours made me think that it wasn't so huge as to take days to go from one part to the other.
Orbit time was longer than two hours. that's why thirst was becoming a problem. Plus, things falling rather quickly through the sky move much faster than things on the ground. That's why Noir crashed so hard, Dar dented the ground, and the cart killed people. The place is like a small moon.

Yeah, didn't think it would be that easy.

Although... Using metamorphosis to grow the wings and switch out a specialty is always an option.

Normally I'd consider it impossible to do on mission, but it does seem like we'd have the time..

Hunger will be an issue. to metamorphise you'll need to eat up a bit and then cocoon. meanwhile, what will Ebony do?

I was totally going to finish the character I posted like a week ago. But now I'm in a different mood. Therefore

>BE PYLON
Still sitting outside the gnome caves being all ominous?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 09, 2017, 10:10:05 pm »

YES

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 10, 2017, 03:04:24 pm »

Guys...I just realized noir...can...techincally heal herself with dark magic..maybe...its in noirs sheet.
Notes:Holy or blessed weapons have a 50% chance of either healing or damaging her due to her evil blood and her holy blood the same is said about evil or cursed weapons.
So question can noir heal herself by hitting herself with darkmagic..even if its only a 50/50 shot?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:06:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 10, 2017, 03:10:34 pm »

In her current state I'm not sure she can cast at all - Ebony was having trouble casting a spell while she was injured, and if she'd done it anyway it likely would've backfired even though it was a pure healing spell. Noir isn't healed and would probably just flat die if she rolled anything but a 5.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 10, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »

Well the thing is for dark magic..it isent hers its not really her own energy she's using to use it, its her fathers.so she has her dark magic as long as her father keeps supllying her it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 03:16:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 10, 2017, 03:17:24 pm »

She still has to cast though, from what I can tell. That's the kind of advantage - being able to cast without penalty even when heavily wounded - that would need to be in the sheet and have some kind of drawback to balance it.
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 10, 2017, 03:18:36 pm »

Well it has the drawback of the gm being able to completly remove access from said dark magic at any time he wishes if her father wants to stop her flow of it.
Also I have broken jaw and nose....I'd conaider that moderaty not heavily wounded

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 10, 2017, 03:21:16 pm »

While long-term that's not as bad as it could be, she *just* got those. She seems to barely be conscious, since she *did* get flat knocked out when she hit the ground.
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 10, 2017, 03:23:45 pm »

Yeah she got hit pretty hard there..but I'm fairly confident noir can manage to handel the pain to do a spell for at least now.I mean what is noirs will stat again?
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 194