Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285601 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1665 on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:50 pm »

So from what I'm hearing I have two options
Option 1: northeast landing while being prepared to try to soften my landing and glide down to floor if things go bad.
Option 2 try to land down there carefulness while gliding down.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 16, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »

Oh. I want to take a moment to reply to a concern that syvarris had, about his and Doc's rolls.

I think that syvarris assumes that Terrance was in the room with the crystal cancer, and that is why he needed a roll to move south. He was not. Terrance was still in teh origin room at the time, though he was at the south end of it, due to the previous migration of he group that way.

So, the situation was this:
Terrance decides to gtfo. Shit happens in the east room, which leaves him one viable route - south. But his action is to get away from teh big floaty monster, so he needs to go east as well. So that's the route.

Dar is in the south room, seeking to follow Aylia. she went up, from the middle of the south room, so that's where Dar was. Since his action is to follow her, he is going up. The roll here would be a speed roll, same as Terrance's first roll, but it wouldn't matter, as he would be in the same situation one floor up as he was here.

Terrance got one roll to determine if his movement was fast enough to avoid the collapse. Dar got one roll to determine if he recognized his danger in time to get out of the way. (had Dar's action been "move away from the danger, this wouldn't have been an issue).

Terrance and Dar each got a second "survive this" roll. Because Terrance was already close to the back wall, his "survive this" roll got him going in the direction he was already headed.
Dar's "Survive this" roll had more to overcome. as he had to avoid shit falling on him, and make it far enough across the room to get hold of something stable. his overshoot on his buff a few turns back (when he took on metal cat properties) helped here, though.

Hope this helps.

So from what I'm hearing I have two options
Option 1: northeast landing while being prepared to try to soften my landing and glide down to floor if things go bad.
Option 2 try to land down there carefulness while gliding down.
More or less. there are other possibilities, but you'd have to make any other choice on your own, without new information.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 16, 2016, 03:17:24 pm »

Is it the northeast That has the crystals or not or is that below?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 16, 2016, 03:18:58 pm »

......I....I.. jack NOOOOOOOOOO GOD WHY! .....Noir....was gonna propose after this mission...
But...for now Ozark I need to know something before I do anything what is the closest land that seems stable and how far is it? Basically map of Noir current location and her possible landing spots.
Northeast of the room, by where the mezzanine is on the map. Or, if you can get there, up and directly south. but that's a harder flight roll.

As for the map. look back in the thread to the last map I posted. it's in a spoiler a couple turns back. Noir is inside the blue star, as is Solam, dangling from a rope.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 16, 2016, 03:43:32 pm »

Well that was heart-rending to write.
Looks like the northeast landing is not the Crystal place.........god poor Noir......and especially poor...Jack. also good luck solom I'm sorry but Noir didn't even think of your existence....it's doubtful she could carry you outta there either way.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:47:02 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 16, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »

@Ozarck
Ahh, thanks.  I had understood where Terrance was, I just didn't realize that Dar needed a roll to recognize the danger he was in; my action had emphasized the need to move out of the room any way possible.  I suppose I just shouldn't have had him try to jump up to the second floor first.

@Abstract
I say again, poor Noir.  If nothing else, at least this does make for a good RP opportunity.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 16, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »

And here nobody's mourning Trier. :P
Fairly anticlimactic end for someone who survived the nomming of his home universe, eh?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 16, 2016, 04:25:56 pm »

Hey it was probably mostly painless and quick.Noir also didn't really know him very well.A also lenglon I imagine Aylia to look like an elven chiaki most of the time is that wrong?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 04:35:51 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 16, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »

?Chiaki?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chiaki above.
Remove the clothing add a collar and i imagine the hair isn't pink and that's how I imagine Aylia

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 16, 2016, 05:26:01 pm »

Chiaki is best girl
Which is why she's in one of my avatars
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 16, 2016, 06:18:06 pm »

It occurs to me that whilst I am currently exploring to find the thingamajig, I dont actually know what im looking for...

is there anyone still alive who does?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 16, 2016, 06:25:35 pm »

Nobody knows, we weren't briefed. :P

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 16, 2016, 06:38:13 pm »

Well readinf back We already failed the cart mission and the survivors will likely be punished, potentialy to a great degree. So...Best of luck guys, try to get iut alive, eh?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 16, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »

Um, hmmm, how do I put this...
First, I don't recognize that manga/anime offhand, so I'll be doing a bit of research before I give a straight answer.
Second, it's a lil hard to answer what she looks like 'most' of the time, because she shifts casually as well for a purpose. For example she is able to pick her own eye color.
Third, even if her appearance would be similar her mannerisms probably aren't. Aylia has a hyper metabolism and lots of energy, wich expresses itself when shes idle with all kinds of little twitching and extra motion. She also has an absurd amount of flexibility, and it shows in her idle motions, in any time she stretches, and it really shows when shes feeling playful. She also will often just silently stare at someone with her head tilted, her eyes tracking their motions, with no expression on her face. this usually is a sign of curiosity, done when someone does something odd or otherwise draws her interest, but it can also be a sign of anger or fear, where shes looking for vulnerability or danger.
I'll look up chiaki soon to get a better feel for the character and then I'll get you your straight answer you deserve.

EDIT - research update: I believe you mean Chiaki Nanami of Danganrompa 3 correct?
assuming that's correct, moving on to watching some episodes to watch her movement style, mannerisms, speech pattern, get a three-dimensional view of her, and so on. because the little things can really matter sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 07:21:12 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 194