Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285481 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1575 on: November 14, 2016, 01:30:02 pm »

Aylia is okay with whichever mission. She will go where she's needed.

continue training as long as Senna is up for it. I'll try to work through exhaustion as best I can, though I probably hit it a while ago. Note that Aylia never had any actual combat training until now, she simply practiced markmanship in the elfin style back home. She's aware of this, and will try to do what Senna suggests to help her learn to fight.

((OOC: Next planned levelup assuming nothing changes is +Con / +Magic, and the one after that is +Str / +Unarmed, after that it'll vary depending on how she's doing in various fields and what she needs. I'll need to see how her shifting capabilities have changed when she gets magic to 2, might need to focus levels on her shifting, might be able to call it good enough and build up her martial capabilities. if I could spend money on simply leveling up her stats/skills that's what I'd do. Similar to Lyra, Aylia not only isn't gear dependant, but has to actively avoid most equipment because she can't take stuff with her when she's using her full capabilities. This results in a similar situation to Lyra's before the EXO change where she can spend her money inefficiently because there's nothing useful available.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: November 14, 2016, 05:37:26 pm »

"Acknowledgement: This one sees the reasoning behind that. Dangerous things can be useful when controlled. However, this one feels like it might be more dangerous than the payoff might be worth.

Statement: This one is sure there are much more easily controllable and still quite powerful assets in the legion to go for instead. This one would be inclined to not take this assignment, for this one does not see return weighing up against the investment.

Pondering: Unless this would be some kind of personal favour to yourself. This one does not understand many of the organics' emotions, but this one detects there might be more to this organic in relation to you than you might let on. If this is the case, this one is likely to reconsider, but this one will need additional info on what this one is dealing with. Information is everything."

He says to the overseer, in his usual monotone that betrays no apparent emotion.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: November 14, 2016, 05:40:44 pm »

"Birds. Most people think of Spiders, insects, and cats when they think malice. But you're not wrong. not nearly as wrong as most."
🐦 CAW CAW 🐦

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 14, 2016, 05:57:15 pm »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 15, 2016, 01:11:04 am »

@DoctorMcTaalik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DoWdHOtlrk

((Finally, proof that the elusive merpode is no mere legend.

No need to rewrite the description, I can find the old one if I need it.

Apologies for the lack of forum activity lately... I have this bad habit of starting to write something, and getting caught up on some minor detail and never finishing it. This last week has been especially bad in that regard, for some reason.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 15, 2016, 08:06:08 pm »

Use magic to blast some wounds into a non-wounded form!

Both missions sound equally prone to maiming, and so equally suitable for woundblasting.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 17, 2016, 11:14:45 pm »

Should I find Cho-Ja, present the receptacle.

"Greetings! Would you like to provide a sample of your mucus for an alchemical experiment? I remember it being some pretty potent stuff, yeah?" Fiddler asks, making a motion as if to spit in the receptacle before motioning it toward the bugman.

Obtain a mucus sample from giant bugman if he feels like giving one and return, providing this sample as well as bile and excrement for the potion.
you gonna present that mucus without explanation?

Give fiddler the caustic spittle he is requesting, take my time and make sure its the good stuff.

Continue bugging the wizardly folk about the engravings, maybe they can remove and replace it entirely rather than modifying it?
Or extend the design so it has more nodes to spread from?

((You sure I cant get you to retcon that down to 10 seconds or "one full combat round"?
I mean I really like the whole slowly spreading like quicksilver concept, its good for balance and the mental picture is great...
but if I dont have prep time before a fight or if I want to use another tattoo I pretty much have to forgo it entirely.))
hmm. I suppose you could molt. You'll start clean though, without any of the engravings. Otherwise, yes, I know it's a balancing act, but it should still be quite useful overall.

Dar'yajira will hand his collar over, though he'll remove the Omega Legion pendant first and hold it so that his fur isn't marred.
The mage sits crosslegged before you, holds the collar in his cupped hands, and tells you to sit still with the map gem either hanging carefully from your mouth or placed on the floor in front of you. He chants some words, makes some gestures, and reaches out to place the collar on you, touching your Omega Mark as he does, and similarly touching the pendant. the two vibrate with energy for a moment, and then go still. And the mage reattaches the pendant to the collar. "Try it now."

Aylia is okay with whichever mission. She will go where she's needed.

continue training as long as Senna is up for it. I'll try to work through exhaustion as best I can, though I probably hit it a while ago. Note that Aylia never had any actual combat training until now, she simply practiced markmanship in the elfin style back home. She's aware of this, and will try to do what Senna suggests to help her learn to fight.

((OOC: Next planned levelup assuming nothing changes is +Con / +Magic, and the one after that is +Str / +Unarmed, after that it'll vary depending on how she's doing in various fields and what she needs. I'll need to see how her shifting capabilities have changed when she gets magic to 2, might need to focus levels on her shifting, might be able to call it good enough and build up her martial capabilities. if I could spend money on simply leveling up her stats/skills that's what I'd do. Similar to Lyra, Aylia not only isn't gear dependant, but has to actively avoid most equipment because she can't take stuff with her when she's using her full capabilities. This results in a similar situation to Lyra's before the EXO change where she can spend her money inefficiently because there's nothing useful available.))
okay. Well, Senna does push Aylia hard, but there are rests and sleep as well.

"Acknowledgement: This one sees the reasoning behind that. Dangerous things can be useful when controlled. However, this one feels like it might be more dangerous than the payoff might be worth.

Statement: This one is sure there are much more easily controllable and still quite powerful assets in the legion to go for instead. This one would be inclined to not take this assignment, for this one does not see return weighing up against the investment.

Pondering: Unless this would be some kind of personal favour to yourself. This one does not understand many of the organics' emotions, but this one detects there might be more to this organic in relation to you than you might let on. If this is the case, this one is likely to reconsider, but this one will need additional info on what this one is dealing with. Information is everything."

He says to the overseer, in his usual monotone that betrays no apparent emotion.
"Ah? Oh." he pauses for a time, but you can tell he is marshaling his words, rather than ignoring you. perhaps from the set of his shoulders, or the way his eyes move, slightly unfocused. "it is true that the transportation is dangerous. And yes, there are assets that are quite useful other tan herself. But, personal feelings aside, this one is useful in a way that cannot simply be replicated by spells or faith or calculation. She'll be transported eventually though, so declining is acceptable."

"I would like to see her placed soon though. I do care for her. She came into Omega with me. We teamed up more often than we were apart. We trusted each other. hmm. Well, let me think.

"If she touches any of Omega, she can manipulate it. I think her Mark itself got corrupted somehow. She can't affect someone else with a Mark through it though. Seems the corruption broke that link, while it gave her the ability to mold the Base. that is why she cannot be allowed to touch anything - she would turn the environment into her arms and legs and crush you. Keeping her senses dulled keeps her from affecting your own senses, which is her second skill. If she is able to see or hear you, and is able then to speak or be seen, she will change what you see and hear and feel. there are precautions in place to help make that unlikely, but there is always the chance that those precautions fail, which is why the third should always be ready to kill. She's been transported successfully like this before, so it's not a suicide mission or anything, but you are right, information is everything in these situations.

I believe you will be going on mission soon, so the choice is yours."

Use magic to blast some wounds into a non-wounded form!

Both missions sound equally prone to maiming, and so equally suitable for woundblasting.

you spend long hours at the clinic, carefully mushing fleshy bits into nearly recognizable forms, fitting people for limb replacements, and filling out paperwork. Just kidding, Omega doesn't hate you that much. there is a minimal amount of paperwork. You only spend maybe an hour a day on it. You almost don't notice the form approving your container of alcohol, in the midst of all the activity. I mean, it's hard to concentrate after spending four hours cutting through a sudden growth of chitinous tentacles that filled the room a patient had been placed in. at least she was still alive in there. You wonder vaguely what species she used to be. Someone probably knows.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 17, 2016, 11:36:10 pm »

(I would like to join in on the first mission.)

Explore around and pick up anything (herbs, bandages, ect) that looks like it would help patching up injury's. The more meatshields that are running around the less I have to worry about.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 17, 2016, 11:40:19 pm »

find a small room that no one would care if it was covered in crystals.

((Is like the first mission.))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 17, 2016, 11:46:08 pm »

((Hmm. leaf-thing would be very useful for Clunker's current mission.))

My fist will be as a hammer that smashes flesh into the correct shapes! Which is totally a safer procedure than it sounds like.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 17, 2016, 11:55:12 pm »

I heard mission
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 17, 2016, 11:58:11 pm »

((I've been a bit busy lately, sorry for the sudden lack of activity. I'll edit an action in tomorrow when I have the time.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 18, 2016, 03:51:26 am »

Fiddler presents the mucus rather proudly to the alchemist.

"This belongs to this bugman I know - noxious stuff, caustic, presumably very toxic as well! Would this do for some kind of added benefit?"

Present the mucus, and get the rest of the Authentic Fiddler Extracts required for the greater voice potion.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 18, 2016, 07:29:16 am »

Keep training
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 18, 2016, 07:49:43 am »

Try and remember to remove my high-quality poison ivy gloves before touching myself, should my disgusting pubescent brain compel me to do so. Otherwise, just exit the bushes and be press-ganged into whatever mission happens to be going on whilst on my way to the kitchen.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 194