Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285403 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1560 on: November 12, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

welp, lets do that then. how'd we do? any quirks either of us noticed in our performance?
You notice mostly that you keep getting in each other's way. that and that your endurance is limited. Once you've run a bit, your accuracy drops pretty heavily. You do better with called shots, like when one of you is to fire at the left target, or the upper one. Other training that Senna and you talk about involves team melee fighting - where you cooperate to take down a single enemy, or fight back to back to defend against multiple, and stealth practice, though that is mostly a tunnel and shadow thing here at Omega, as there is not much greenery to work with.

Well damn, better go get some booze then.
Preferably something pure enough to make you blind if you actually drink it, but I suspect that people around here brew for entirely unhelpful reasons.

You don't find anyone willing to give you any booze.

Let captains know im still skulking about.
Maybe practice with my engraved spells so they activate faster.

((Dont really know what to do with free time on cho.
Pretty much just waiting on mission start.))
You discover that they activate at a constant rate, regardless. Putting extra magic into them yields unpredictable results.At one point, youspawn a thin orange line, which rises off one of your spells and slithers away, fading into the rock of Omega like it never was.

Alright, see if I can buy in and join in.
The scrip will get you about 20 tokens to play with. How much will you bet, and high, medium, or low risk? Low gives 50% yield, medium is 100%, and high is 300%

Wander about the base looking at all the thing.

((Char sheet should be taken care of))
It's wet and muddy. The sun sets in the canyon at about 2 pm, though it stays daylight much longer. it's hot and unpleasant. there are tunnels everywhere, primarily on the outside wall ofthe canyon. the inner wall has a few larger entrances to the dining hall, the arenas, and other things. The top of the canyon extends out into a badlands like in the American West, though with more sand.

"Well, ripping people apart with my voice would be a good start, I should think. Would that be possible? Or, say, making them bleed out of their eyeballs, flay their miserable hides, lose control of their bowels, that sort of thing? I have an incredibly vast well of mostly untapped malice to work with, so it should be very much within my nature if that's a problem."

Master the power of the Voice!
"Malice, eh? Alright, I'll need some bile, spittle, and excrement. I have some poisons that I can add as well, but if you have something personal besides the body fluids to work with, I'll use that too. Again, as before, wold you like one potion of great power, or three potions of lesser power?" ((total of one use for the great power one. Total of three uses for the lesser ones.))

"Meanwhile, thing on creatures of malice - wights, demons, vipers, that kind of thing. What aspect most intrigues you? What aspect do you fear the most?"

After his rest, Dar'yajira has decided on a course of action.  First goal is to find the magic person who has enchanted gems for him in the past, and discuss crafting a gem which could enhance his druidic senses, preferably as a weak passive effect rather than an activated one.  However, he'll keep mum about his earlier... discovery.

Is such a thing possible to receive as 'mission payment' for his last mission?  Or does he need to trade some service?  It's a priority to get this before he returns to the Durnvale area.

"Gems are usually less effective for Druidic magic than raw, uncut stones, or living things, such as twigs, seeds, or perhaps animals or insects. What type of things do yu wish to sense, Dar'Yajira? Creatures? Water? plants? Spirits?"

Affectionately pat the spider on one of his parts that isn't fused to the glass, then leave him in the capable hands of whoever is in charge of defusing him.

Go and report the progress on the windows to the overseer dude I'm friendly with

the repair bot responds by lifting a limb to you. The window flows along with his motion.

"How do you feel about transporting an inmate into the basement level? You'll need an accomplice to keep her senses dulled, and preferably a third who can act quickly to kill, should things go wrong. You wold be carrying her, and restraining her movement. that is, I should say, she needs to be carried aloft,, no part of her touching walls, floor, ceiling or other inmates. She is to be kept blind and deaf, and she is to be killed instantly should she break free of any of her restraints, until she is placed in her new cell. You are free to assign the tasks in your team as you see fit. I apologize for assuming you would be the brute."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 12, 2016, 09:10:20 pm »

5 at a time, at medium risk.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 12, 2016, 09:13:25 pm »

Aw. Ask some of the higher-ups, maybe they'll have something.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 12, 2016, 09:48:58 pm »

The cat cocks his head, and a hint of reproach creeps into his voice.  "This one did not mean unnatural carved gem.  It wishes for raw gem, still holding part of its home in rock.  And Dar'yajira wishes to sense...  O'hama?  It is unsure of twoleg word.  Nature which holds all together, net of life.  Structure and belonging of all." the feline violently shakes his head for a second "Mrr, if it must be specific, 'Druidic Creature'.  Dar'yajira wishes to find its Master."

Answer.  If it is unclear, he's asking for something which would improve his ability to study his earlier discovery better.  That is less important than being able to find his master though.  The hope was that the two things wouldn't be different.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 12, 2016, 10:24:18 pm »

Check that my engraving is undamaged.

also check the rock where the orange line dissipated for any subtle alterations or ore bearing properties.

Then go seek out some wizardly folk and see if they can do something to boost the activation rate.
30 seconds or more to fully activate is woefully impractical for combat use.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 11:14:20 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 13, 2016, 04:14:19 am »

"One potion of great power, certainly. The last one was rather amazing!"

"As for aspects, that's a very good question! I do admire the skua, personally. Not the largest creature, or even the strongest, but it does what it needs to well. And what it does is aggression, theft, harrassment and overall malfeasance. I've heard of these things trying to attack and carry off sheep, bless their hearts! Now that's real, stubborn malice like you can't find elsewhere, wouldn't you agree?"

"Hm, though that does give me a thought. Do you have a convenient tool for harvesting my bile? I think that one's a little more internal that spittle or excrement, no? Oh, and a durable glass receptacle would be great as well. I have an idea for a certain thing I could gather! Though that one's more of a petrel thing than a skua thing. I'll tell you about petrels when I get back - great birds, excellent birds!"

If I get a glass receptacle (complete with stopper, hopefully), go and find Cho-Ja if he's still around anywhere.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 13, 2016, 11:12:25 am »

Enter an arena

nice enough place.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 12:28:38 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 13, 2016, 12:11:37 pm »

Clunkers shrugs

"Statement: No offense taken.
Genuine query: If this prisoner is so dangerous as to require sedation, restraining, beign carried aloft and a team of three entities to simply move it to a cell, why even bother to keep it alive? It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for a single prisoner who is, this one assumes, just as expendable as the rest of us. "
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:47:31 pm by Pancaek »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 13, 2016, 12:46:42 pm »

Terrence wanders the canyon, looking for things to spend its pocket money on, and perhaps ways to earn more.

((This is both a way for Terrance to gain IC knowledge of the layout of Omega Base, and an invitation to any PC's or NPC's wishing to interact with it.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 13, 2016, 02:37:45 pm »

Stealth and meele both are going to change for me a lot depending on what form I'm in. Frost Giant and Giant Frost Cat both have some great opportunities in meele. Stealth in regular frostcat, raven form, plantbeing, *totally just a normal horse*, etc., and will often depend not on not being seen, but on not being noteworthy or unnatural. I'll work with Senna on the meele part though for sure.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 14, 2016, 08:13:26 am »

Okay, First things first. Here's what I got for missions:

One is a retrieval/combat mission. This one has the Leaders a little worked up for some reason. a palpable tension is in the air when it is presented. The target is something called "the Heart of Lathal." The location is a derelict mechano-complex. It is vast, sprawling, three dimensional, and quite possibly haunted. Oh, and there are sure to be squatters, scavengers, and mechapirates.

The second is an exploration. Some Underdwarves have opened a previously unseen (at least, by them) cavern complex. And then they disappeared. This is disturbing to the Cavern Elves, and they have contracted with Omega for an exploration team to have a peek. it'll be deep, dark, and mysterious. And also possibly haunted. Oh, and if you happen to stumble on the missing Underdwarves, present them with the bill for the expedition.

I'm in no great hurry here - Thanksgiving is coming up and I'll be taking a hiatus for travel. But if you are itching to get going, there they are.

Oh, and the whole chunk of Omegas that left on mission just before you guys returns about now, if they hadn't already. Well, I say "Whole chunk returns," But some of the m are not whole, and some of them did not return. The group looks more chunk than whole, to be honest. The officers who return are quite grim about it as well. One is brought in on a stretcher. at first, with all the activity, Omega feels almost crowded. But after a while, as things settle down, it feels startlingly empty.

5 at a time, at medium risk.
Round 1: You take the bones, mutter "got a good feeling about the Open Braincase formation" and toss. It lands on the Hatched Spider's Nest. "Ooh. Close." And your tokens disappear before you can see where they went.

Aw. Ask some of the higher-ups, maybe they'll have something.
You head over to the headquarters and start bugging the clerk on duty, until at last he passes you along to an exhausted looking lieutenant. The lieutentant Shrugs, laughs about your insistence on alcohol "for medicinal purposes," takes a second look at you, and nods thoughtfully. "Get into the infirmary and start stitching. I'll get you anything you need." he directs you into a cleaner area of Omega, down another hall, and toward a much more organized medical zone. The three sawbones already there have their appendages full with what came back, and more are trickling in, even as their body fluids are trickling out.

The cat cocks his head, and a hint of reproach creeps into his voice.  "This one did not mean unnatural carved gem.  It wishes for raw gem, still holding part of its home in rock.  And Dar'yajira wishes to sense...  O'hama?  It is unsure of twoleg word.  Nature which holds all together, net of life.  Structure and belonging of all." the feline violently shakes his head for a second "Mrr, if it must be specific, 'Druidic Creature'.  Dar'yajira wishes to find its Master."

Answer.  If it is unclear, he's asking for something which would improve his ability to study his earlier discovery better.  That is less important than being able to find his master though.  The hope was that the two things wouldn't be different.
The mage looks at you for a long time, thinking. "Ah. Home and Belonging eh? Structure, Master, order ... Ah. Lend me your collar, please."

Check that my engraving is undamaged.

also check the rock where the orange line dissipated for any subtle alterations or ore bearing properties.

Then go seek out some wizardly folk and see if they can do something to boost the activation rate.
30 seconds or more to fully activate is woefully impractical for combat use.

The engraving and the rock are unchanged. thirty seconds is for the full ironskin one, if I remember correctly. Rot and soften take less time, and summon swarm is variant, depending on circumstances. The mages look over your spells, do some tests on yourself, and determine that it would be risky to you to edit the spells at this point. You still can, but there will be a higher risk of side effects, backfires, or other harmful effects.

"One potion of great power, certainly. The last one was rather amazing!"

"As for aspects, that's a very good question! I do admire the skua, personally. Not the largest creature, or even the strongest, but it does what it needs to well. And what it does is aggression, theft, harrassment and overall malfeasance. I've heard of these things trying to attack and carry off sheep, bless their hearts! Now that's real, stubborn malice like you can't find elsewhere, wouldn't you agree?"

"Hm, though that does give me a thought. Do you have a convenient tool for harvesting my bile? I think that one's a little more internal that spittle or excrement, no? Oh, and a durable glass receptacle would be great as well. I have an idea for a certain thing I could gather! Though that one's more of a petrel thing than a skua thing. I'll tell you about petrels when I get back - great birds, excellent birds!"

If I get a glass receptacle (complete with stopper, hopefully), go and find Cho-Ja if he's still around anywhere.
"I can extract the bile directly with this" She says, pulling out a large syringe. Looks sharp. "As for a glass container ... If you damage this in any way, you will suffer immensely." With that, she hands you a glass container, carefully wrapped in cloth and stored in a box. "Birds. Most people think of Spiders, insects, and cats when they think malice. But you're not wrong. not nearly as wrong as most."

If Cho doesn't want to hide from you, you find him. Heck, he's in the same region anyway, bugging the mages.

Enter an arena

nice enough place.
it's filled with rocks, uneven ground, and a few dead-looking trees. Looks like an ogre is sleeping about 30 degrees around the circle of the arena, and a lone troll is on the other side, sitting slumped and idly picking at the dirt between his legs.

Clunkers shrugs

"Statement: No offense taken.
Genuine query: If this prisoner is so dangerous as to require sedation, restraining, beign carried aloft and a team of three entities to simply move it to a cell, why even bother to keep it alive? It seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through for a single prisoner who is, this one assumes, just as expendable as the rest of us. "

"You'd be surprised at the amount of effort made to keep you guys alive as well. But your point is well taken. I suppose the answer is simple enough: that which makes her dangerous makes her useful as well. If it is controlled. Besides ..." He gets that weird look organics get sometimes when they are remembering something they don't like. "She wasn't always thus." he shakes his head a little, as if to chase away a fly, and says no more.

Terrence wanders the canyon, looking for things to spend its pocket money on, and perhaps ways to earn more.

((This is both a way for Terrance to gain IC knowledge of the layout of Omega Base, and an invitation to any PC's or NPC's wishing to interact with it.))
Do you have enough ooc knowledge to know the layout and what's available? If so, choose something interesting. I don't feel like rewriting the whole description of hte place and it's inhabitants again. Plus, I forget things sometimes.

Stealth and meele both are going to change for me a lot depending on what form I'm in. Frost Giant and Giant Frost Cat both have some great opportunities in meele. Stealth in regular frostcat, raven form, plantbeing, *totally just a normal horse*, etc., and will often depend not on not being seen, but on not being noteworthy or unnatural. I'll work with Senna on the meele part though for sure.
Alright. She puts you through your paces in terms of transforming and combat. In fact, she takes you to an arena, summons together a variety of beings, and has you work on switching forms, fighting different opponents in those forms, and then switching again. For some opponents, the gal is a throwdown, for others it is to immobilize them, and for yet others it is simply to touch them without harm.As you go, Senna seems to adapt to you, and become more effective at working around your forms and changes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 14, 2016, 08:20:37 am »

Should I find Cho-Ja, present the receptacle.

"Greetings! Would you like to provide a sample of your mucus for an alchemical experiment? I remember it being some pretty potent stuff, yeah?" Fiddler asks, making a motion as if to spit in the receptacle before motioning it toward the bugman.

Obtain a mucus sample from giant bugman if he feels like giving one and return, providing this sample as well as bile and excrement for the potion.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 14, 2016, 09:54:01 am »

Give fiddler the caustic spittle he is requesting, take my time and make sure its the good stuff.

Continue bugging the wizardly folk about the engravings, maybe they can remove and replace it entirely rather than modifying it?
Or extend the design so it has more nodes to spread from?

((You sure I cant get you to retcon that down to 10 seconds or "one full combat round"?
I mean I really like the whole slowly spreading like quicksilver concept, its good for balance and the mental picture is great...
but if I dont have prep time before a fight or if I want to use another tattoo I pretty much have to forgo it entirely.))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 10:12:46 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 14, 2016, 10:12:06 am »

Give fiddler the caustic spittle he is requesting, take my time and make sure its the good stuff.

"Ooh, fantastic! You have furthered the cause of science and chaos, and for that you have my gratitude!"
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 194