Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285420 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1545 on: November 10, 2016, 11:36:20 pm »

((Was catching up on the other threads and wondering just why half of the away teams were still in their separate mission threads despite being back on base... and then I saw what they're getting up to now and decided it's probably for the best. :-\))   

...Try to avoid having my young mind irrevocably scarred by the lewd acts I doubtless spy taking place whilst foraging for crafting materials.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:37:58 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 11, 2016, 02:18:07 am »

Hello

Intorduce myself.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 11, 2016, 10:08:39 pm »

Get up and head toward the gambling ring. Bring that orc armor scrip.
Alright. You head to the seedier part of the cave and find a few games ongoing. Smoke is thick in the air, almost covering the musty smell of the damp rock.

Well, if Senna is free, I'd like to spend some more time training with her, getting a feeling for what she needs most out of me, and what she doesn't need at all.
Well, she has you train with her at cooperative shooting while running. that is, you must run together and fire at the same target, or a pair of targets, as they appear around obstacles.

Search the base for Plants of a Medically Useful Fashion, hopefully something disinfectant, and perhaps something valuable to trade around here.
You find a lovely orange mold growing rapidly, and decaying around the edges, in the shade near the rapidly drying mudpit that was once Omega Lake. Moonshine is probably the most disinfectant thing you're gonna find, but that costs. people round here are pretty closefisted with the rare droplets of alcohol. On the other hand, youalready have something of value - medical expertise.

Amuse myself by gathering up a bunch of the dying greenery and attempting to weave it into some sort of garment. Maybe a hat.
If I can find a spare cloak or cape or somthing, try just attaching bits of plants to that to add some kind of camouflage.

You make a great little pair of gloves out of some moss, some curved flexible sticks, and the hollowed shell of a couple of fungi. they are warm, comfortable, and the rash only starts at teh wrist and extends up the arm - the hands are fine.

"It wouldn't be the worst thing if I could attain some of its abilities, or similar more lethal ones - preferably while remaining my devilishly handsome self, of course. Something to go with the fiddle, you know, which I could also presumably upgrade - I did see that the bear bard had some kind of magical upgrade to his. And he roared rather well at that - a throat such as that would be fairly handy, I assume! But this is just me waxing unnatural-philosophical - I assume you would know yet more?"

Speak more on transmunchkin initiatives.
Well, magical instruments are not my forte, but a magical voice? Hmm. I could perhaps put together a potion that would charge your voice for a time, but the effects would naturally fade. It would be a novel approach. Perhaps, with some experimentation, we could find a stable formula. And that might give the Alchemists some thoughts on how to make it permanent. However, your voice is an extension of your self. your Word carries great power, even if it carries no magic at all. and that power is always shaping you, even as you shape it. So, if you use this potion, you will be changing yourself as well. oh, you are getting me interested. What shall we do to you? What webs would you weave with your song? How will you shape the world and how will yo ube shaped? Let's mold you into something grand!"

I come back after a day and accept. Who are the captains in Omega Legion?
the man in armor, the Stone Man, and some others I have written about before. You'll know them. I'll pm you what happens. I'll try to wrap it up this weekend, because I am going to try to get a mission going this week, unless people want a longer stint at Omega Base.

Continue placing windows, a good robutt doesn't tire after all. Have my spiderbot help out as well. It's a repairbot, and repairing is basically the same as construction, right?
I let you tinker in flesh with that repair bot already. It's not really the same, but an extra pair of pincers is an extra pair of pinchers. Anyway, you get all the windows in place, thou one of them attaches permanently to your repair bot. Your friend the overseer frowns thoughtfully at the situation and sends a quick letter off to someone to discuss the issue.

A clear element of fear creeps into Dar'yajira's voice, replacing the surprise he was conveying earlier.  As he goes on, it escalates into outright terror "But--Rrrmm, Shifter should just not stay here!  Shifter does not belong, this place is bad!  It is not-place, none should stay, it will kill them, or not-kill them, or--Mrrss, Shifter should just escape before it ends!"

As he finishes, the cat frustratedly shakes his head and backs away, befire simply sprinting away, preventing anything being said to him.

Dar'yajira will run away from Aylia, heading back to the little hole/cave he had been sleeping inside previously.  Is it flooded now?  If not, he'll crawl as deep inside as possible and try to rest and plan for a couple hours.
I believe the hole was close to the floor of the canyon, so it wold be flooded. But you find another crack a bit higher up that you can crawl back into about fifteen feet and curl up.

((Was catching up on the other threads and wondering just why half of the away teams were still in their separate mission threads despite being back on base... and then I saw what they're getting up to now and decided it's probably for the best. :-\))   

...Try to avoid having my young mind irrevocably scarred by the lewd acts I doubtless spy taking place whilst foraging for crafting materials.
((just trying to let people do pointless stuff without cluttering this thread. it may have gotten a little out of hand))
(2) scarred, but not irrevocably.

Hello

Intorduce myself.
Make yourself at home. by the way, your skills are still numerically off a bit in the character sheet thread. You have +4,/-5. it should be +4/-7 or +3/-4 I recommend dropping one of your +1s and raising specialization to 0. That shoudl bring it in line

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 11, 2016, 10:11:20 pm »

((Ozy, you left 2 characters that are pretty much stated to be perves essentialy locked together in a room. It was inevitable. Not that I'mm complaining))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 11, 2016, 10:20:02 pm »

((I don't thinks it's the characters who are pervs so much as the players, methinks. :D))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 11, 2016, 10:24:59 pm »

((one's characters are ultimately influenced by themselves. Look's at the sharessian kobold illusionist prostitute I made as a joke because the dm lied and kept flipflopping on a decision. It became a party favorite.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 11, 2016, 10:42:21 pm »

welp, lets do that then. how'd we do? any quirks either of us noticed in our performance?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 11, 2016, 11:04:46 pm »

Well damn, better go get some booze then.
Preferably something pure enough to make you blind if you actually drink it, but I suspect that people around here brew for entirely unhelpful reasons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 11, 2016, 11:20:33 pm »

Let captains know im still skulking about.
Maybe practice with my engraved spells so they activate faster.

((Dont really know what to do with free time on cho.
Pretty much just waiting on mission start.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 11, 2016, 11:30:32 pm »

I do have one mission planned, more or less. I am considering making it just that one mission. Or one large one and one rather small one for about four players.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 12, 2016, 02:52:21 pm »

Alright, see if I can buy in and join in.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 12, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »

Wander about the base looking at all the thing.

((Char sheet should be taken care of))
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 12, 2016, 03:30:38 pm »

"Well, ripping people apart with my voice would be a good start, I should think. Would that be possible? Or, say, making them bleed out of their eyeballs, flay their miserable hides, lose control of their bowels, that sort of thing? I have an incredibly vast well of mostly untapped malice to work with, so it should be very much within my nature if that's a problem."

Master the power of the Voice!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:08:41 pm by Harry Baldman »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 12, 2016, 06:06:23 pm »

After his rest, Dar'yajira has decided on a course of action.  First goal is to find the magic person who has enchanted gems for him in the past, and discuss crafting a gem which could enhance his druidic senses, preferably as a weak passive effect rather than an activated one.  However, he'll keep mum about his earlier... discovery.

Is such a thing possible to receive as 'mission payment' for his last mission?  Or does he need to trade some service?  It's a priority to get this before he returns to the Durnvale area.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 12, 2016, 08:04:36 pm »

Affectionately pat the spider on one of his parts that isn't fused to the glass, then leave him in the capable hands of whoever is in charge of defusing him.

Go and report the progress on the windows to the overseer dude I'm friendly with
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 194