Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285291 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1410 on: September 04, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »

Well, generally, if I already respond to your action, go ahead and post a new one. It's when I haven't made a turn or whatever that it matters. Besides, it's just a few of us in this thread at the moment so new posts are easy to find.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 04, 2016, 08:35:49 pm »

So, what is up with PYLON?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 04, 2016, 08:48:16 pm »

Beats me. Gnomic testing, I guess. Or it can be wheeled out, placed on a cliff, and left there as a sentry until enough players decide to get their characters together for a mission. Oh, I guess we could place Pylon outside the gnomic caverns as a sort of watchdog, so it can interact directly with the other PCs. Unless you have an idea for something.

Right now it's you, Yoink, and Akuma Kasai. Maybe KillerHellHound will join soon, as his character just died this round.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: September 04, 2016, 10:15:05 pm »

Name of Character: Varrick NightStalker
Race:Lupine (Wolfman)

Stats:
Strength: +0
Constitution:+0
Speed:+0
Dexterity:+1
Intelligence:+1
Memory:0
Will:0
Charisma:-2

Skills:
Unarmed combat:+0
Blunt weapons:-2
Sharp weapons: +1
Ranged weapons:+1
Magic:-2
Medicine:+1
General knowledge:+0
Skill Mastery/specialization:+0
Poison/antidote
First aid
Long Bow

Description:A large bipedal Lupine Looking like a cross between a man and a large wolf. Black Fur covers his entire body
How did you become part of the Omega Legion? A Loner hunter and self proclaimed poison master Yarrick was the prime suspect when a beloved local mayor died of a poisoned meal. He was arrested and sent to the legion despite the fact that he hadn't done it.
Background: Yarrick didnt get on with his family and went into the woods at a young age to learn how to live alone. He would have died if he hadn't ran into a hermit that took him in and taught him how to hunt, craft arrows and the power of plants.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:00:25 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: September 04, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

Thrips raises a hand to wave as non-threateningly as possible, whilst simultaneously beginning to edge slowly backwards away from the troll. He attempts to force a smile onto his pallid features as he does so.

"I, ah, I'm Thrips... I'm new here. Sorry to wake you? I'll just be goin', don't mind me..."

Attempt to smile and wave whilst sloooowly starting to edge away from the beast. Say the above in as friendly-yet-polite a voice as I can manage. Freeze again if it moves, or frowns, or makes a noise that could possible indicate anger or annoyance.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: September 04, 2016, 11:04:26 pm »

((@killerhellhound
You made a mistake with your sheet.  The system we're using has diminishing returns past a total of +2 starting stats in stats or skills, but you have +3/-3 in stats, and +4/-4 in skills.  For three positive levels, you need four negative levels in the same category, and for four positive levels, you need seven negative levels in the same category.  Here's a little guide, from the first post:
Code: [Select]
If the positives total to __ the negatives should total to __:

Additionally, I highly recommend you don't take more than one +1.  If you start with a stat or skill at +2, it's essentially like starting with three levelups put toward that stat or skill.  But, if you start with two stats or skills at +1, that's like starting with only two levelups, despite both scenarios costing the same number of negative levels.

So really, you shouldnt start with more than two stats having positive levels, and if you have only two positive levels total, they should both be in one stat.  Of course, exceptions can be made if you feel it's important to the character, or if the spread is necessary to survive the first mission, but I'm just warning you that you're being inefficient.

Also, heh, I haven't beat Ozarck to this in awhile.  Feels good.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: September 04, 2016, 11:07:37 pm »

You need more negatives in both stats and skills.
OBSERVE, FOOL
add up all the positives._Add up all the negatives.
If the positives are_____the negatives should be
No stat can start above +2 or below -2.

I got ninja'd, posting anyway!

syv, exp efficiency never stuck me as being an important thing in these games, so I don't know why you keep bringing it up. It barely matters if each mission takes a month or two anyway.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:10:51 pm by Egan_BW »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: September 04, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

Because my characters all die or retire after two missions at best. >_>

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: September 05, 2016, 12:01:32 am »

((So I dropped a point in con and put will at zero as well as dropping a point in med

Is that alright now?))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: September 05, 2016, 12:11:49 am »

+2, -2. +3, -4.
Yup, that's good.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: September 05, 2016, 01:14:56 am »

Maybe KillerHellHound will join soon, as his character just died this round.
(("Guys, be very careful, this place could collapse at any moment," *moves shit* *causes collapse* *dies*
I'm sorry KHH, but I couldn't help laughing. xD))

I always bring it up because I'm a perfectionist munchkin. 
((I thought that was Mr. Baldman?))   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: September 05, 2016, 01:17:22 am »

In other news, PYLON shall guard the gnome caves, the caves of the gnomes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: September 05, 2016, 01:26:28 am »

(("Guys, be very careful, this place could collapse at any moment," *moves shit* *causes collapse* *dies*
((I was going to prop up the roof then it fell on me :())
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: September 05, 2016, 07:13:36 am »

Looks good. You're in. put it in the character sheet thread. I'll update the OP today.

((I was going to prop up the roof then it fell on me :())
It was the best you could do, aside form getting the fuck outta there. You guys do need that statue, or at least the arms. at least, before you try to come back to Omega. In retrospect, maybe I should have made the condition for returning less specific.

Thrips raises a hand to wave as non-threateningly as possible, whilst simultaneously beginning to edge slowly backwards away from the troll. He attempts to force a smile onto his pallid features as he does so.

"I, ah, I'm Thrips... I'm new here. Sorry to wake you? I'll just be goin', don't mind me..."

Attempt to smile and wave whilst sloooowly starting to edge away from the beast. Say the above in as friendly-yet-polite a voice as I can manage. Freeze again if it moves, or frowns, or makes a noise that could possible indicate anger or annoyance.
Oh, I'm glad you said to freeze. that makes for more entertaining possibilities than had you run. The troll blinks, and sees you. It scowls, and you freeze. It then reaches forward and grabs you with both hands, completely surrounding your torso and upper legs. It lifts you close to its eyes, and looks at you through one at a time. "PhthphthRrrrRiiiIiiCth?" It asks.

In other news, PYLON shall guard the gnome caves, the caves of the gnomes.
PYLON is wheeled out and menaces everyone in the cavern when they approach - Omegas, gnomes, ants, birds, plants, the wind. None shall pass.

Hey you guys

We have enough to do something now, with four of you. you want to mount a rescue operation for those poor sods in the blasphemy thread, or do something else?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 194