Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285121 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1305 on: August 14, 2016, 12:12:04 am »

also, you have one skill mastery listed. A +1 in skill mastery gives you four slots there. Unless you want three more slots, you don't need that +1 at all. in fact, if cooking/baking is the only skill mastery you choose, you could go -2 there. 
Ummm. I'm afraid I don't understand this. At all. :-\
Do you mean I could go with just cooking/baking and have a -2 in the mastery slot, thus giving me two points to spend elsewhere on skills?
I can't really think of any other masteries to go with, anyway. Maybe hiding/cowering or something.

Fakeedit: O...kay. I think I get it now.
And yes, yes I was rather proud of that one. ^-^

Edit: Hopefully it's all good now. Battery's running low so I'm gonna get off the internets, so if there's anything wrong I'll have to fix it tomorrow.
Should have internet connected at home by then. Hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:24:48 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: August 14, 2016, 05:02:20 am »

You, uh ... You have +2 / -4 in skills.

You can add a plus somewhere. or lose the negatives, say, in sharp weapons and skill mastery. You can hold on to the extra mastery point if you want, or double up on cooking. or maybe use it for "materials requisitioning" or "barter" or something. "streetwise" might be a good one, or something to that effect, where your skill in navigating life in the city could come in quite handy for a poor cook in a busy neighborhood.

For now, feel free to faff about at Omega. Better to have a couple negatives that need boosted than to have too many positives.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: August 14, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »

((Oh?  You're simplifying the stat system?  Can I retroactively take advantage of that?  It would give Dar'yajira an extra level of charisma.

Also, you might want to add the new system to the OP, while removing stuff related to the old.

Also also, since Comrade P. is inactive, should I possess Mordred for Spaz?  He did kinda fall under the Knife's power.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: August 15, 2016, 07:01:35 am »

((Oh?  You're simplifying the stat system?  Can I retroactively take advantage of that?  It would give Dar'yajira an extra level of charisma.

Also, you might want to add the new system to the OP, while removing stuff related to the old.

Also also, since Comrade P. is inactive, should I possess Mordred for Spaz?  He did kinda fall under the Knife's power.))
I did add it to the op. I left the old with a strikethrough for history. I miiiiight not have gotten it all.

As for retroactive useage, I thiiiiink I'm going to say no for now, because I already gave everyone one chance at restatting. that might unbalance the game progression by one mission in favor of newbies, but I think that's okay. I don't know. If enough of you long termers object, I 'll reconsider.

As for Mordred, I have no intention of reviving him as a character. Assume he is on the mission that took half of Omega this round. If Comrade P. wants him, or wants someone to take him over, I will probably allow it.

also, you have one skill mastery listed. A +1 in skill mastery gives you four slots there. Unless you want three more slots, you don't need that +1 at all. in fact, if cooking/baking is the only skill mastery you choose, you could go -2 there. 
Ummm. I'm afraid I don't understand this. At all. :-\
Do you mean I could go with just cooking/baking and have a -2 in the mastery slot, thus giving me two points to spend elsewhere on skills?
I can't really think of any other masteries to go with, anyway. Maybe hiding/cowering or something.

Fakeedit: O...kay. I think I get it now.
And yes, yes I was rather proud of that one. ^-^

Edit: Hopefully it's all good now. Battery's running low so I'm gonna get off the internets, so if there's anything wrong I'll have to fix it tomorrow.
Should have internet connected at home by then. Hopefully.

Looking at your sheet right now, it looks okay. You have space for one more skill mastery, but you don't need to add anything yet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: August 15, 2016, 07:41:03 am »

Exist. Clamber out of any cart-type object I may be in.

Fearfully observe my surroundings.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:44:02 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: August 15, 2016, 08:08:50 am »

It's dusty, sandy, and dry. A bored guard unchains your wrist, directs you to a warm bucket of water to drink from, and off to the officer of the watch, who checks your Omega Brand, listens to your story, yawns andnods, and waves you off down to the canyon floor. "Try not to get into trouble. There are rooms along the halls along the outer rim of the canyon. Find one if you want. There is a cafeteria aong the inside of the curve. The others will gothere at meal times, so you should be able to follow someone to it without much trouble. it's kinda empty at the moment because of the recent set of missions. but some (npcs) will be returning before long, and there are a few left here anyway."

There are varios npcs to interact with - potions guys, medical professionals, tinker gnomes (you don't get to tinker, but they might have use of you), alchemists, wizards, and some others. Omega, if you didn't know, is a long curved canyon that has arenas, the npcs mentioned, and a few other things scattered about. it is in an unpleasant place miles from anywhere.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 16, 2016, 05:51:10 am »

As the guard finishes speaking, the kid simply stares at him for a moment.
"...Um. Alright. Sir."

Head cautiously off in search of this place where meal times happen. Assess hunger levels.
Booze is Life for Yoink

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 16, 2016, 06:25:02 am »

Wander find  the doc and alchemy lads and see what they need
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 16, 2016, 07:37:39 am »

As the guard finishes speaking, the kid simply stares at him for a moment.
"...Um. Alright. Sir."

Head cautiously off in search of this place where meal times happen. Assess hunger levels.
It's certainly been a while since you ate. You were given some water during the introduction to the officers - gotta have a wet whistle to respond to questions and all. You find the cafeteria easily enough. It seems abandoned at the moment. There are weird perches and a strange, greenish pool along one side of the room, away from the serving counters.

Wander find  the doc and alchemy lads and see what they need
"Well, I could certainly use another body to vivesect. My latest tests on spleen regeneration have been promising." A furry bird on a perch nearby looks at the doc with it's head tilted, and caws roughly several times, rotating it's head as if it were drilling something with it's beak. "What? the last one only ate three of the rats before it withered. Progress!" We even put out the fire before anything was damaged. Well, aside from the beakers. And the table. That patch of floor was already ruined. the ceiling doesn't; count, it was always smoke-stained!"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 16, 2016, 07:49:05 am »

See if he can help me with anything like getting claws and such or medical things not involving spleens
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 16, 2016, 09:35:56 pm »

Follow my nose towards any food smells! Inspect the counters! Do they contain food, by any chance?
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: August 17, 2016, 07:12:30 am »

No turn today. my brain is fried. I will return to our regular schedule tomorrow, unless this is a cold and gets worse.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 18, 2016, 05:47:43 am »

See if he can help me with anything like getting claws and such or medical things not involving spleens
"The potionmaster is better with making body modifications. I might be able to do some medical work on you. You are not looking for anything in particular? The Alchemists could do some interesting things, and the gnomes have a lot of interesting mechanical things. And if you are really bold .... the wizards could try some things."

Follow my nose towards any food smells! Inspect the counters! Do they contain food, by any chance?
There are some stale breads, a bucket of something brown - gravy, maybe? And a small hill of mashed potatoes, or something like them. A few sad little baby carrots are picking through a plate of shriveled peas. They don't seem all that pleased with the selection this morning either.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: August 18, 2016, 09:26:01 am »

thank the doctor and head for the potion master
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 18, 2016, 05:46:25 pm »

Stare in shock at the living carrots. Do they respond to my presence at all? If they look in my direction, remain very still.
After a while, if they don't seem threatening, carefully sneak over and grab some bread to dunk in the mashed potatoes followed by the gravy. Then retreat to a safe distance to eat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 194