Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285509 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #885 on: May 14, 2016, 02:05:48 pm »

Yeah, nobody I know on B12 is anywhere near as bad as GWG got.    Maybe a couple of people in the US election thread start getting up there, but certainly nobody who I've seen in Einsteinian Roulette.

Ozark, I think you've been doing a great job.  The plant collecting challenge wasn't a great idea, but it also wasn't terrible.  As for the merc mission... I think it's been handled well, but I guess there's flaws with it, considering the fairly decent dropout rate.  Other merc thread people would probably have a better idea of why that is than I.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this has been stated a multitude of times before, but I love how open you are to the variety of characters.  I mean, you even let me play an evil enchanted knife which mind controls people.  It hasn't gone well, but you tried it.
What happened with gwg?
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 14, 2016, 02:08:36 pm »

What happened with gwg?
IIRC, he got into/started an argument (again), got angry (again), and Toady banned him because he had gotten a number of warnings about that exact same kind of thing before.

It's been a while though, so the exact details escape me.

-edit-
On the topic of Omega Legion, I think Ozarck is doing a swell job gm'ing this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 14, 2016, 02:24:50 pm »

Omega is currently up there with Special People at the very top of my list of RTDs that I'm enjoying. I figure that in of itself says everything that needs saying about how Oz is doing as a GM.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 14, 2016, 02:25:06 pm »

GWG sorta got worse the longer he spent on the forum, which is why I've been referring mostly to his last days here.  In the months before his ban, he had been getting into really, really bad arguments, at times delving into severe ad hominem.  He kept getting reported across the entire forum, in vastly different threads with vastly different people.  It was to the point some people had declared him a personal enemy (most notable being kj, who still hasn't managed to post more than him).

IIRC, the Toad gave him quite a few warnings and mutes before finally banning him.  He ignored all of them.  I think the final straw was a massive pages-long argument about the definition of "civil war", or something else trivial like that.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 14, 2016, 02:30:26 pm »

I was okay with GWG, partly because I knew how to end arguments with him. I'm pretty argumentative myself sometimes.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 14, 2016, 08:15:18 pm »

thank you all! I am very glad you are enjoying this.

Syvarris, don't worry too much about the knife. I'm not really sure how to make it a viable character rater than simply a buffing mechanic, but we'll keep trying.

ATH, Reggie was a great character, who just happened to find lots of ways to get into trouble. Knda like Simie that way, I guess :P

As for the problems with the Merc mission and why people have dropped - I am baffled myself, as I expected that one to be more engaging. I think part of it is the way everyone sort of went different directions at the start, but I thought we got past that. Oh, and I suppose school could account for part of the drop off. Or maybe I just made the mission seem overwhelming or something. But, it shouldn't be. it should be challenging enough, but doable.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 14, 2016, 08:17:38 pm »

Yeah I think reggie would have had a much better time if his charisma was higher maybe?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 14, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »

I think part of Reggie's main issue was that there were several things about him that you hadn't told the GM.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 14, 2016, 11:45:48 pm »

I think Reggie's main issue was a lack of sense of self-preservation. He really was his own worst enemy.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 14, 2016, 11:59:05 pm »

I think Reggie's main issue was a lack of sense of self-preservation. He really was his own worst enemy.
He didn't quite understand really that people would want to hurt him and he didn't understand the world... Ultimately his lack of knowledge killed him I think.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 16, 2016, 08:20:25 pm »

He didn't quite understand really that people would want to hurt him and he didn't understand the world... Ultimately his lack of knowledge killed him I think.
Yeah. Even Ebony, who knew little of Satyrs, could figure out that giving in to the song was a terrible idea.

But still, something else for you to learn from this: There is never anything the GM doesn't know about your character. That's how games work so you can't pull new abilities out of nowhere like you tried to do with the "Probably can't be mindwiped completely" thing. If there is anything Ozark doesn't know about your new character, I suggest remedying that as soon as possible.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 16, 2016, 08:25:10 pm »

Nothing important like no stuff that would affect her besides like backstory. L and even then it's only how she acts that is affected by that backstory.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:07 pm »

Do they know about that backstory? If the answer is no, remedy that. If you need an explanation of why, then for potential plot hooks and setting development. The only thing that you can really get away with the GM not knowing is the character's personality.

This is mostly to prevent situations where you have to tell the GM "It was something I didn't tell you".
Sigtext!

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 16, 2016, 08:34:45 pm »

Well he knows all the information basically just like the name of my characters mother's religion is something I'm letting him decide because basically she worships one of the most prominent religions.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2016, 09:00:55 pm »

It is a good idea to let me know things that might be important. remember, I don't always read the roleplay. sometimes I do, for fun, but I tend to miss a lot in there.

but, it's okay to argue with me a little about your character. Sometimes, something intrinsic to the character creation might possibly affect something that happens, like how Reggie came back due to alchemical shenannigans. Since i knew the origins of Reggie, I could include that information in how that encounter progressed. But if it hadn't been in the original character concept, suddenly deciding that your character "really was an [type of being] all along" won't help much.

The "probably can't be mindwiped" was a more or less acceptable argument to attempt, but I did have to decide against it in this case. Now, if Pancaek tries the same thing with his character ... well, depending on the method of mind wiping him, it might work out with a simple system reboot. A lightning bolt to the face is probably irreparable though. now, the EYE, on the other hand ... well, memopry transference is a skill he bought at chargen, so we got that one covered.

these are just a few examples of ways to try to take advantage of my sweet nature and kindly, generous disposition, in, oh, about four turns, when things start going just awful.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 194