Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285549 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #795 on: March 12, 2016, 06:24:18 pm »

I might be able to provide some scouting before hand.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 12, 2016, 06:28:48 pm »

"Statement: This one agrees that the goblins should not be in any assaults. However, this one still thinks that having them lay guerilla traps will be beneficial to our overall goals.

Pondering: Infiltration might be worth a shot. However, this one feels that your plan may be too adventurous. Since we are outnumbered, the probability of us succeeding in disabling enough of them to turn the tables around is...well, the numbers are not in our favour. If we could infiltrate smaller groups, that might be more advantageous. Of course, all this rest on the chance that the guards will even take the bait.

Statement: How do you feel about instead going after the source of the problem, the people funding the mercenaries?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 12, 2016, 06:31:24 pm »

That would be useful. One group captures and interrogates a high ranking merc while the other group protects the goblins.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 12, 2016, 06:36:04 pm »

I might be able to provide some scouting before hand.

- Nice. Do that.

Statement: How do you feel about instead going after the source of the problem, the people funding the mercenaries?"

- Well, if we do find out that it was a bunch of poor villagers who swooped their lifelong savings into that bounty on goblins, sure thing we'll just come after money and make us some dough, then notify the mercs that villagers don't have it anymore for reasons unknown, and skedaddle.
If it was issued by some fat cat with a private army, we are going after the mercs.
As for goblins - I just sort of want to avoid them, personally. If someone was so inclined, he could go arrange for traps.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:39:30 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 12, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

"I could scout their camp, possibly even infiltrate as a new arrival. It would be wise to gather data before committing."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: March 12, 2016, 06:41:22 pm »

"Query: What if it was the mayor of some town, or a wealthy landowner trying to expand his lands.

Clarification: what if this fat cat has either no or only few guards. Would it not be easier to go after it instead of the twenty or so mercs?

Statement: This is all conjecture, of course. This one is also in no way opposed to simply murdering all of the mercenaries, but this one is doubtful about our chances of taking such a direct approach of the problem."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 12, 2016, 06:48:25 pm »

"I could scout their camp, possibly even infiltrate as a new arrival. It would be wise to gather data before committing."

- That'd be great. Shouldn't be that big of a camp, but if you'll give us their roles, that would be just great.

"Query: What if it was the mayor of some town, or a wealthy landowner trying to expand his lands.
Clarification: what if this fat cat has either no or only few guards. Would it not be easier to go after it instead of the twenty or so mercs?

- I sort of included that in "a bunch of poor villagers" definition - just how wealthy they are if they can't afford to protect their savings?

Essentially, all our planning so far relies on too many intelligence we do not have. Let's plan further when we get there. Could come up with something fresh and situational there.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 12, 2016, 06:55:50 pm »

"Reply: That seems sensible. If the goblins try to intimidate us, as the good sergeant has said could be a possibility, this one would like to take the lead. This one can stare like no other. And even the filthy little organic's intimidation was succesful, this one does not have the facial expressions nor vocal range necessary to give that away."

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 12, 2016, 08:14:12 pm »

Is now a good time to join?

Before I put together a character, just want to ask some stuff:

- lizard people, how flexible can I be in creating one? Is a feathered dino-guy good? What about a giant tortoise? Or are they more like people with lizard heads?
- Sympathetic magic, how does it work? Does it operate in the same metaphysical space as alchemy but work through different mechanisms?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 08:59:52 pm by Moopli »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 12, 2016, 08:16:27 pm »

"This unit does not have pointy bits and resents the implication that it would ever do anything of the sort.  But noted."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 12, 2016, 08:53:27 pm »

Here, yo uguys, take your merc assault planning here.

Mercenary assault

Here:s the wedding one too:

Wedding Fun

- lizard people, how flexible can I be in creating one? Is a feathered dino-guy good? What about a giant tortoise?
- Sympathetic magic, how does it work? Does it operate in the same metaphysical space as alchemy but work through different mechanisms?
Yes, join now before the combat mission starts, so I can cram you in unprepared, and watch you flounder about. Hey! I just had an idea for a character ...
Feathered Dinosaurs? I'd be insulted if someone Didn't. giant Tortoises? Reminds me of my first RTD.
Sympathetic magic involves taking a symbol of something or a part of something and using it to affect the whole thing. think voodoo or mimic magic. the same metaphysical space ... good question. Experts are divided. They do interact, and can interfere with each other or heighten each other's effects, so in a sense, yes. but that could be because they act on the same materials - the Material plane.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 09:04:23 pm by Ozarck »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: March 12, 2016, 10:44:27 pm »

- lizard people, how flexible can I be in creating one? Is a feathered dino-guy good? What about a giant tortoise?
Yes, join now before the combat mission starts, so I can cram you in unprepared, and watch you flounder about. Hey! I just had an idea for a character ...
Feathered Dinosaurs? I'd be insulted if someone Didn't. giant Tortoises? Reminds me of my first RTD.
Sympathetic magic involves taking a symbol of something or a part of something and using it to affect the whole thing. think voodoo or mimic magic. the same metaphysical space ... good question. Experts are divided. They do interact, and can interfere with each other or heighten each other's effects, so in a sense, yes. but that could be because they act on the same materials - the Material plane.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand how sympathetic magic works, and if I can't wrap my head around it I doubt I'll be able to use it usefully.

How about a magnificent, feathered, giant tortoise?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: "Magic thoughts" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:53:01 am by Moopli »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2016, 01:00:18 am »

the numbers for your character add up. You seem to have a passive aggressive character there: "I take it easy, but fuck you I'll kill you all ... when I feel like it."
Pet of a conscript huh? he would have been branded then, as his 'master' was.

I could see "passive auras" acting as a sort of zen defense, but not so much as an attack in any way. Now, an attacker might harm themselves in their attempt to damage ...
wild magic looks fairly well in line with what I've suggested so far. it is powerful, unpredictable , and often uncontrolled, rising out of instinct or some other mysterious force. I believe Egan has a wild magic character, so I need to remember to use that.
If you want fire magic, you'll need to specialize in it. We had a fire mage early on, but he sort of lost interest. I hope I didn't nerf his abilities to the point he felt his character to be a waste. I don't think I did, though.
Time might be a worthwhile elemental magic to use. It would need to be a specialization of its own, and "slowing" would be more natural than "speeding."

That's about all I have for now. A very interestign character and set of possible talents.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 13, 2016, 10:56:48 am »

Awesome, I like those ideas. I've edited my charsheet, tell me whether the basic ideas of each magic sound good, and I'll be good to go.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: March 13, 2016, 11:59:54 am »

Charsheets at thread start are not updated with levelups
Reggie looks at himself casually in the shiny metal.
I think I did a better job this looks  much better but yeah.
((Sorry it took me so long to notice this))
"Hehe, so you want to pretend to be my sister Reggie?"
He looks like my half-sister/cousin on my elf side or my fey side?
I partial-shift towards cat, spine extending into furry tail, ears moving up and changing, eyes shifting as well.
"Well, you can't keep using a male name when you look like that. If you're going to be my little sister then I'm gonna call you Meryl!"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 194