Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285491 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #780 on: March 12, 2016, 01:25:28 pm »

((no, just bows, guess I won't then. Got ahead of my self, sorry.))
Get a bow if possible
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 05:16:07 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 12, 2016, 01:32:50 pm »

- Okay then. Lost nothing asking about it, anyway.

Ready to go. Let's do this. Is there a person in charge of the squad?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:36:38 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 12, 2016, 01:36:44 pm »

"No clothes? Good. Wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of dress code being enforced to ID mammals that should be there. No further questions."
Ready
edit: Actually, could I have a mix of iron and bronze arrows? The iron ones wrapped and ready to set aside if needed of course.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:28:58 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 12, 2016, 01:45:11 pm »

"Well no wonder these fucking elementals need to outsource security to the likes of us if they don't do something as simple as making a list of who's an asshole. Basis of civilization, that."

"Anyway, magic blankets! I'll take all you can give."

Get some literal security blankets.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 12, 2016, 02:03:02 pm »

Just asking, does Ebony happen to have any iron items? She shouldn't, but it's worth asking.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 12, 2016, 02:03:57 pm »

All right then: request a mechanical device as gear, try to get two if possible. In order of "want most" to "want slightly less": Some sort of clock or watch > humanoid action figure> Metronome > music box >pull string toy

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 12, 2016, 02:26:45 pm »

I'm giving those gems to Mordred, at least until we arrive and come up with a plan.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 12, 2016, 04:09:37 pm »

I'm giving those gems to Mordred, at least until we arrive and come up with a plan.

((You give Mordred what, exactly?))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 12, 2016, 05:08:57 pm »

((I'm requisitioning three gems to help focus my magic, but I can't hold them myself because I'm incorporeal. So I'm giving them to you so you can hold and activate them for me.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 12, 2016, 05:23:36 pm »

((Okay, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.))
Sigs

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 12, 2016, 05:27:13 pm »

How large is the mercenary group? Large enough that they wouldn't think much of seeing a member they haven't seen before?
Can other people use the magic gems I'm getting, or are they attuned specifically to me? How does the process of activating them work? Does it depend on my teammates magic or only mine? Does it have to be used while I'm near?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 12, 2016, 05:35:57 pm »

"Would this unit's composition be expected to cause problems?  It contains iron."
"Nah, we tuned you up, and took care of that. as long as yo  don't go sticking your pointy bits into various fey orifices, you dog, you'll be fine."

- Okay then. Lost nothing asking about it, anyway.

Ready to go. Let's do this. Is there a person in charge of the squad?
"Well, there are four of you with no missions under your belt. Of the three who have been on a mission, one faffed about and threatened an entire village for their soap, and hte othertwo each murdered their objectives, but were otherwise rather competent. Since murdering your objective is the point of this mission, you may as well look to them for leadership. be warned, neither is exactly friendly. and you don't fall under the 'don't kill our allies' injunction, so it might be wise to at least make an effort."

"No clothes? Good. Wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of dress code being enforced to ID mammals that should be there. No further questions."
Ready
edit: Actually, could I have a mix of iron and bronze arrows? The iron ones wrapped and ready to set aside if needed of course.
bronze and iron tipped it is. Want some stone tipped as well?  I can give yo uoh, 40 arrows, with 20 bronze, 10 iron, and 10 stone, and ten spare iron and stone tips in case you need toswitch them out. That's probably a little generous, but what the heck.

"Well no wonder these fucking elementals need to outsource security to the likes of us if they don't do something as simple as making a list of who's an asshole. Basis of civilization, that."

"Anyway, magic blankets! I'll take all you can give."

Get some literal security blankets.
you get five. two of them are enough each to cover human sized targets with ease, two are suitable for much smaller targets, being lighter and a bit smaller, and one is too large for you to carry, or wield alone. tehy all have teh Omega as their dominant pattern, but on inspection, you see some arcana as well.

Just asking, does Ebony happen to have any iron items? She shouldn't, but it's worth asking.
nope. just the scrolls, spellbook, and her clothing. here's a few more spells you can pick from: minor illusion, summon swarm, summon small animal, find familiar (a permanent animal ally), darkness. Here are a couple small effects I'll grant you: magelight, see aura, read arcana.

any other spells you want you will have to ask for specifically. Pleaase chose your last two, or leave them til after the mission, and please inscribe at least one into your spellbook - preferably at least three. bear in mind you have the possibility of failingto inscribe one, so do it now while we can still use your spare scrolls.

All right then: request a mechanical device as gear, try to get two if possible. In order of "want most" to "want slightly less": Some sort of clock or watch > humanoid action figure> Metronome > music box >pull string toy
You get the humanoid figure and the metronome. the clock/watch is out of your current price range. the humanoid figure can be wound up, and the little guy marches in place and waves it's arms, turning it's head side to side and occasionally up and down.

How large is the mercenary group? Large enough that they wouldn't think much of seeing a member they haven't seen before?
Can other people use the magic gems I'm getting, or are they attuned specifically to me? How does the process of activating them work? Does it depend on my teammates magic or only mine? Does it have to be used while I'm near?

"Expect a group of fifteen to twenty overall, judging by the size of the compound they have established. it is unknown whether there are more on the way. twenty mercenaries is enough to exterminate the goblin tribe you are dealing with, since they are not the more settled, warlike ones we see in the deep mountains and down south. most of what you will be dealing with will be comon soldiers with a couple NCOs and an officer. there may be two or three magic users. in fact, I would count on it. Your gems need you to be in direct contact with the m to activate. after activation, you can get up to a hundred feet or so away - the exact boundary is unclear - and still use the effect. the further away you are, the shorter the activation time however. to activate them, just touch them and concentrate on the effect you wish to create Only your magic is needed. as for whether they are attuned to you alone - no, they are not."

I'll post the mission threads Monday or so.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 12, 2016, 05:55:14 pm »

Clunkers looks to Mordred as he gets an answer to his question. He speaks, as always, in a completely monotone manner.

"Statement: This one is one of the two who murdered their objective. To be fair, if it were not for the death curse of the mage the probability of nobody finding out would have been higher.

Suggestion: Depending on the surroundings of the goblin tribe, this one thinks it might be a good idea to have the goblins lay guerilla traps and utilize hit and run tactics on isolated targets. Our squad could then attempt to either go for the source of the mercenary's income, or try to assasinate their leadership somehow.

Addendum: This is merely a suggestion, we still have no clear idea about what the situation on site is. Making contact with the goblins and surveying out options on site will be required before concrete plans can be made.

Content statement: This little action figure is neat. It marches and swings its arms. Yay."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 12, 2016, 06:08:19 pm »

Not sure what the point of the stone arrowheads is. against targets the bronze are ineffective I'd use the iron. um, stone absorbs blood well and generally is a very good carrier of magic, hence it being used for so many ritual items. Um...
Meh, might as well not look a gift horse in the mouth. why not have stone - Oh yeah! magnetic fields! Yeah, do want stone ones now that you mention it. Thanks for the thought!

edit: Hold on a sec, is bronze even magnetic? Or am I thinking of brass...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:10:35 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 12, 2016, 06:19:06 pm »

Clunkers looks to Mordred as he gets an answer to his question. He speaks, as always, in a completely monotone manner.

- Frankly, I don't want goblins in it. In a fight yay big where we are prohibited to cause any collateral, I say we attempt infiltration.

Now hear me out, I think I can outline the course of action. I'll bait the guards with the weary traveller or Omega runaway gag. Jack is backing me with the stones at hand, hidden nearby. When guards show up, fiddle with their brains, kill them if you can, just keep them busy - Arileth here could take them out from a distance. Terrance could join in on that action, too. I give signal, and our melee combatants swoop in - Cho-Ja and Solam along with me are going to cut as many throats in their sleep as we can. If something goes haywire - retreat, we'll find a spot before the assault. Clunkers, you back us all up - if I fuck up my part, or someone else fucks up theirs, you come running to lend a hand.

What do you guys think of this?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 06:25:52 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 194