Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284082 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #375 on: December 26, 2015, 09:16:27 pm »

Team one

Team One, Fiddler!

Sneak out through the cellar door after safely securing the fiddle in brand new case, put on the poncho as well.

Wait. What color is the poncho? If not blue, don't put it on, but steal it anyway.

The color is a dusty brown, as if undyed. Surely there is a dyer's shop in this town. They must have someone making things brighter for this so-called festival? You head out into the wet, fiddle secured.

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

Grab the leader's head by the hair, shout at the person's face "WE'RE HEIR TA HAELP YE, YE BIG CLUDGIE HAID!" Headbutt the nose, and finish with an emphatic "GODDIT? Now EV'RYONE STOP FIGHTIN' OR I'LL BASH ALL YE TEETH IN!" Menacingly grind teeth, viciously attack wherever most likely to cause extreme pain to the first person who makes an offensive move, screaming "I WARNED YE, DINNAE YE HEAR ME". If the situation is controlled, snort, despisingly cross the arms, and sneer from the height of his 16.1cm: "Humpf! Good, ye got some sense in ye!"
You headbutt he leader into unconsciousness, while screaming about peace and love and wisdom. Remarkably this seems to have the desired effect, as none of the quickly growing crowd behind him ventures into the room, looking uncertainly at you, and above you at something in the background.

”yer wanna help?” one of them says, raising a shaky finger and pinting ”Put down yer demon, and put out yer fire!”
A murmer of “fire, fire! Fire!” spreads through the crowd, and they begin backing away.

Actually, that wasn't as much two action posts as one action post, and then a post which had talking in it that the GM needed to be alerted to.  Oh, whatever.

>Continue staring at the mooks ominously.

Repair materials detected. Upgrade materials detected. Prototype communications device analyzed for errors. One (1) new recipe stored. Required material: glowshroom spore, cicada leg, iron filings. the thugs seem convinced that easier prey lies elsewhere, and are leaving

At this point, Jack's eye has a bit of a twitch going on as he has exhausted all patience with the Three Brainless Amigos. "Hey dipshits, don't say I didn't warn you!"

Continue with operation Reduce-Idiots-To-Charcoal. Unless, that is, somehow between them they actually grow a brain and begin running away immediately.

((BTW, is the rune one use, or what? How do I use it?))
Yeah, right govnah, just having a little fun, eh? We didn't mean nuthin by it, eh? And the figures fade into the night. You hear the squelching splish of people running in mud, fading.

Well, they are Runes, so you use them with Runic Magic. So, that is to say, you know only the very basics. With one, you hold it in your hand, concentrate, and say a word associated wit hthe Rune and with the effect you are after. (I.e if the Rune were the English letter 'b' and you wanted fire, you would say something like “burn"). It is a permanent focus (an object that channels magic energy), though it can be destroyed or depleted.

Team 1 -- Dar'yajira, magic cat

Return to my hidden vantage point.  Listen to the sounds of battle upstairs.

...Also, you appear to have made a mistake while copying Insanegame's charsheet into the OP.  He has -2 intelligence, not -1 dex.

((@ATH Why don't you just mimic people's clothes, too?  It saves you the trouble of needing to find clothes for your alternate forms.

@Lenglon Can Aylia transform into other people, faces and all?  Or can you just change race, and only have a single form for each race?))
remarkably, after a few loud screams and shouts, the sound of battle is dying down. You smell smoke, and see firelight through the floorboards. it seems to be spreading. The wasps sort of mill about in your vicinity.

Murder mook A.
Claw out his throat, spear him in the chest, or push him into the fire.

((I have +2 in unarmed and magic and im yet to deal a serious injury, this is unacceptable.))
(2) He dodges around the table just ahead of your claws. The guy on the floor with his face covered in caustic venom doesn't count as seriously injured? He's still screaming and clutching his face. Only now, he's scooting pathetically away from the flames, which look to have caught a trouser leg. The first guy's wounds will require careful medical attention as well, if it matters. The couple times you've explicitly tried to harm someone for the sake of harming them, rather than to get a broom or something, you've rolled badly. -shrug-

Team two

((Assuming mine is the knife?))

Pick up the knife, and wait for the others to equip themselves.

"Alright, get your stuff and we'll move."
done.

Reggie team 2
hmmm ill just take em both.
Reggie picks up the moldable cube with animals on it and the wavy clear mirror thing he will attempt to shape change into a dog with the help of the cube.
You grab them, and then hand the clear glass thing to the eight-legged fellow. You fiddle with the little cube toy for a it, and get it into a shape approximating a four-legged creature. Could be a dog, cold be a llama, cold be a pig. Satisfied, you transform into a fair replica of the toy, all cubic and lumpy.

Aylia, Team 2
((A bird landing near the snake-woman is a quick way to die))
I change back to my natural form
"Okay, so I scouted out the spill and that thing is huge. I think I found the alchemist too, he's in the middle of the sludge wearing a. giant... yellow... Me? Why... Who... When was this made?!? What... How... I... I... I don't get it!"
What do I notice about the portrait other than that I might have an artistic stalker?

EDIT:
After a brief conversation: I walk over and pick up the portait, examining it closely. I check the corners and flip it over looking for any artist's signatures or other explanatory markings.

EDIT2:
After the examination and a tiny bit more talking:I very carefully put the portrait back in the tube, taking care to avoid damaging it, and picking up the re-closed tube afterwards.
The background appears at first glance to be a leafy forest, but it seems indistinct somehow. There are hints of other beings in the background, some familiar, some strange. “You” appear to be hoolding the edge of the painting trying to look through it at something or someone. The portrait, though strikingly detailed, leaves you feeling that it is somehow incomplete.

The only identifying mark you find is the Omega, in the lower right corner, where an artist's signature would lie. No date is written.

-Team 2 - Clunkers -

Clunkers walks up to the crates, shaking himself to get all of the water out of his body. Ignoring the other people near the crates, he walks over to the crate with alchemical supplies.

"I knwlgl snhl...Whghglg?"

He shakes his head swiftly from side to side, spraying the area with water

"This must be my present! There are many like it, but this one is mine. Take that, stupid magister, Santa is real!"

Grab the alchemical supplies. Thank you Santa! If I have enough alchemical supplies for some acid solution and/or explosives, make some.
You have enough for a few small acidic tinctures. They would be good for testing various chemical and mystical properties of materials, but not enough to, say, dissolve a wooden support beam. You have some oils, sulfur, saltpeter and charcoal, so you can make something that explodes, but you would need a lot more to make enough to, for example, explode a pig. A few neat firecrackers would work though.

TEAM2 Ssslavina

Ssslavina is ssslightly weirded out by the... romance? between the two warm blooded ssssssshapesshifting freaksssss. But doesn't say anything.
Hold one egg in the hand and give it some mana along with a query as to its purpose.
Doing this makes your mouth do the snake equivalent of water. I don't know, unhinge slightly? The mana makes the egg give off little sparkles.

((Sorry, been away all day round relatives.))

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Thanks for savin' me. I thought I were a gonna there.

A dwarven hammer marks a package within which lies all the necessities for making cheese: pots, cheesecloth, salt, a strainer, that kind of thing.

Tucked into one of the pots is a supply of bandages, ointments, powders and herbs, all carefully labeled in dwarvish.

Nice. Anyone want any cheese, I'm yer Dwarf. What do ye mean, we have no milk?

Stash the First Aid equipment on my person. Carry the cheesemaking equipment with me, if we've decided to move on.
Consider it stashed and carried.

=="Terrence", team II==

Examine my reflection in the mirror, then.
taking the clear glass circle from the funny little shapeshifter, you notice that it is not even a little reflective. It is, instead, refractive. Pointing it at your body and concentrating, you get the bizarrre sense that you – that some long lost part of you – feel(s) completely at home in water, swimming even better than a snake woman might. Weeeeeeiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrd.

On base

==| Mordred | Base - Unknown building, hall |==

- Urrrrgh... - Mordred lets out the growling sound from the depth of his chest, that could probably be interpreted as an expression of annoyance with displacement of his stuff. Happened before, probably won't see his money and weapon again.

Refresh self with water. Drink a little, wash face and neck. Appreciate the pipe, take it and all my stuff. Look for a way out. If locked inside the building, see if escape through the window overlooking the canyon is an option. Roll a cig in the meantime, due to lack of matches or any decent source of fire light it with teeny-tiny lightning between thumb and index finger.
Your pipe lit, you wander casually about. You find a great common room, complete with massive fireplace, various lounging areas and card tables, and a balcony overlooking the same curved canyon your room does. I should clarify though, both your room and the balcony overlook the floor of the canyon from a few yards up, but well below the top of the canyon. You find a kitchen near the commons, alongside a nearly bare pantry. You find a stairwell leading out onto the floor of the canyon, where you discover the only other person you've seen since awakening. He's putting on some gloves.

==|Arileth|unknown base| room unknown|==
put on the gloves and start exploring around bit
The canyon curves as if I a large circle there are alcoves and balconies on the outside wall, and a few boulders and natural steps on the floor of the canyon. It is a wide, flat floor in general, able to host sporting events if one were so inclined, or to have a bazaar lining the sides of a wide throughway, if the place were populated. It seems mostly deserted, except for the guy coming down the steps up ahead.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 26, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »

==Eye, Team 1==
>"Query:Does this magus have the potential to extinguish fires?  If so, it is advisable that you extinguish this fire, as to prevent civilian casualties."

>Query:Purpose of new recipe.
>Query:Inventory of useful items.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:31:06 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 26, 2015, 09:22:40 pm »

==|Arileth|Base|Canyon floor|==
Arileth waves to the person before heading towards them
Hey, new person,. YOu seem to be the first friendly face I've seen here, first face really.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:46:10 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 26, 2015, 09:25:18 pm »

Team 2, Ebony

Forgot to make it an action: Take the scrolls.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 26, 2015, 09:30:52 pm »

it works whatever this is it works! Yes! Yes! Yes!
(Reggie is running around in circles happily in the form the cube transformed him into.)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 26, 2015, 09:45:06 pm »

Team 1 -- Day'yajira, magic cat

I knew I should have posted and said I editted my post... First, inspect myself for markings from the Omega Legion.  Those bastards didn't defile my beautiful pelt, did they?!

After that, head upstairs.  Examine the severity of the fire; If it's raging out of control, stealthily slink outside and try to climb on top of some building which isn't on fire.  If the fire is relatively small, sit a distance away from it and use my magic to quell it.  Magic solves everything!

((Is there any limitation on magic?  Like, do I have a limited amount of mana, and every time I cast a spell I'm using some?  Or can I just continue to use magic for everything?

@spazy
You're... waiving to them?  Is that some sort of weird lawyer threat?  Are you threatening to annul their rights to a free life?))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2015, 09:58:41 pm »

TEAM2 Ssslavina

((I'm pretty sure the snake equivalent of mouth watering is mouth watering, unless I'm missing something. It would seem that saliva is a trait shared between reptiles and the filthy warm bloods.))
Jussssst fucking eat the thing, I guesss.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 26, 2015, 10:19:12 pm »

@ twinwolf: you have them. they are a scroll of magical identification, a scroll of elemental separation (unbake a cake the easy way!), and one is a locator spell.

@ Syv. Your fur is unmarked. You have a collar on. can't really see what it looks like though, but attempts to remove it are uncomfortable and unproductive.
think of sorcery like a muscle or something. you can use your muscles for a lot of different things, but they have limits in strength, endurance, and frequency of use. Also, sorcery is somewhat less controlled than, say, spellcasting or even runic magic. it is natural, and wants to do certain things and not others. you'll have a harder time with a fire than, say, catching a fish, or jumping from rooftop to rooftop. Or talking to Death.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2015, 10:45:57 pm »

Team 1 -- Day'yajira, magic cat

I knew I should have posted and said I editted my post... First, inspect myself for markings from the Omega Legion.  Those bastards didn't defile my beautiful pelt, did they?!

After that, head upstairs.  Examine the severity of the fire; If it's raging out of control, stealthily slink outside and try to climb on top of some building which isn't on fire.  If the fire is relatively small, sit a distance away from it and use my magic to quell it.  Magic solves everything!

((Is there any limitation on magic?  Like, do I have a limited amount of mana, and every time I cast a spell I'm using some?  Or can I just continue to use magic for everything?

@spazy
You're... waiving to them?  Is that some sort of weird lawyer threat?  Are you threatening to annul their rights to a free life?))
((damn it...I shouldn't be doign this sick and tired from lack of sleep, doesn't mix well with auto.))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2015, 10:49:02 pm »

Aylia, team 2
"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Spill's thataway."
I point in the direction of the spill.
"I think we should stay upwind though. The alchemist is in the middle of it, wearing a special yellow suit. We don't want to touch that stuff. I'm thinking of changing back to a raven to watch the guy, and confronting him once he's out if the toxins. "
"By the way, my name's Aylia."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:51:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

clunkers-team 2

"Aylia, I could not help but overhear. These toxins, do you believe them to be poisonois or corrosive? If they are poisonois, this one could simply walk up to the alchemist and confront him. Unlike disgusting organics, this one does not need to breathe."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 26, 2015, 10:59:19 pm »

Aylia, team 2
"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Spill's thataway."
I point in the direction of the spill.
"I think we should stay upwind though. The alchemist is in the middle of it, wearing a special yellow suit. We don't want to touch that stuff. I'm thinking of changing back to a raven to watch the guy, and confronting him once he's out if the toxins. "
"By the way, my name's Aylia."
Reggie team 2
i could just tell him I'm a homunculus i mean from what i saw I'm made using alchemy i would be very interesting to him probably.

(Aylia is a nice name....it suits her.)
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 27, 2015, 12:08:33 am »

Aylia, team 2
"I don't know which, but I'd assume both just to be safe. "
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 27, 2015, 01:23:36 am »

=="Terrence", Team II==

Test my potential sea-abilities with a quick swim.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 27, 2015, 02:09:00 am »

((whatever she is. Elf thingy.))
((See, that there is the kind of implied question that is easier to answer in character than out of it.))
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 194