Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284054 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #315 on: December 25, 2015, 02:04:42 am »

After the fire mage speaks:
>"Further, this unit reminds you that for your safety, this interaction is being monitored and recorded."

((Forgot you were also in the rain :P))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 25, 2015, 02:52:55 am »

((@Comrade Nice!  You make me envy your drawing skills.  Although, I suppose I don't play characters who would be interesting to draw.))

((Thanks! Also, any character is fine as long as you draw pleasure from playing it.))
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 25, 2015, 09:40:12 am »

Christmas Update! “Presents” For Everyone!

Team One

==Team 1==
BBTBMSM Simmie

"RAAAGH!!! FIGHT BACK, YE SCUNNER!!!" Noting that there's more interesting violence to be had upstairs, Simmie heads out the door, climbs up someone's trousers, grabs on to the belt and kicks him in the "voonerables", and carries on with the badger impression.

((Ozarck, GMs have better and subtler ways of screwing up with the players than making them do something they never said. In my case, the words "whomever", "who", and "kicked" leave pretty clear that I meant to bash someone's face in, not attack a piece of wood.  Instead of making the character react like that, you could have , for instance, sent a pitcher full of beer - or, if you were feeling mean, a slop bucket or a chair - flying down the stairs.
This is an RPG, not the "corrupt a wish" thread.))

((Lenglon, upwind=direction the wind is coming FROM. Compare with upriver or upstream))
Christmas Present: Auto success on will roll! Rage filled, you follow the sound of chaos to the real fight: upstairs, you see three bigguns rushing into the room, and the bugg'un in merry combat across the room. Screeching your battle cry, you launch yourself into the three men entering, tripping the leader up and entangling the other two. A single token, good for one flash of whiskey, finds it's way into your pocket.

((Ozarck, GMs have better and subtler ways of screwing up with the players than making them do something they never said. In my case, the words "whomever", "who", and "kicked" leave pretty clear that I meant to bash someone's face in, not attack a piece of wood.  Instead of making the character react like that, you could have , for instance, sent a pitcher full of beer - or, if you were feeling mean, a slop bucket or a chair - flying down the stairs.
This is an RPG, not the "corrupt a wish" thread.))

((You did state you were in an incoherent state of mind from rage, and you probably rolled a 1 or two in there someplace. Plus a non-specific reference to 'whomever it was who kicked him' provides an obvious opening.))

Team 1, Fiddler!

"I don't think this is a terribly nice place to be."

Carefully step out of the building. Don't run into a tangle of idiots this time around.
The basement has a cellar door, for bringing wood into the furnace room. Christmas Present: You find a small poncho and, just behind the door, a fiddle case. The fiddle inside appears broken, but the strings look good, and it has a bow. Wouldn't do to lug that fiddle into the downpour unprotected, now would it?

Team 1, cho-ja.

Use tail spear to keep mook A at bay whilst using innate magic to spray caustic venom directly into mook B's face from point blank range.

Jump off of mook B and attack mook A, attempt to shred his cudgel arm.

You spit caustic venom into the man's face. It is smaller in quantity this time, and ejected less forcefully, but he screams and is out of the fight, clutching his face in agony. You swing your tail wildly, and it connects with the cudgel of the other guy, neither is harmed. You leap up and face your third adversary, seeing the commotion on the other side of the room. Christmas Present: In the spirit of the holiday, no murder for you today. … hmm. Oh! How does property damage sound? Your combat has overturned an oil lamp, doing what the fire elementalist failed to do in his haste – setting fire to the inn. Given time to do it's work, that should render the “mission” success out of reach.

--TEAM 1--
Keep getting the wasps out

See below, Syvarris has a point
okay, but you were helpful last round, and made the process a little quicker. Christmas Present: You find a small codex containing leaves of a clear substance. Pressed between the leaves are several flowers of different types. There are five of them.

Team 1 -- Dar'yajira, Magic Cat

Calmy sit there and free the remaining wasps using carefully-applied sorcery.

Exasperated, the cat says "Dar'yajira wonders how wasps even get trapped in junk to begin with." it pauses for a second, tilting its head, before continuing "Perhaps it is because they have tiny brains, yes?  Master said that matters for other creatures."

((@Insanegame You might want to just let me free your wasps.  If you try, you'll probably make things worse.

@Comrade Nice!  You make me envy your drawing skills.  Although, I suppose I don't play characters who would be interesting to draw.))
You manage to free the remaining wasps without incident. Christmas present: your sorcery triggers a memory.: A single word, uttered by one of the evil men: Durnvale.

Try to remember if I have any identification as Omega Legion on me. If I do, show it to them, along with a firelight so they can see it. Regardless: "Omega Legion, actually. We've been brought in to handle security at the festival, so I suggest you three turn yourselves around and walk the other way before you have an unfortunate incident that results in your next of kin having a hard-pressed time identifying your corpses."

If Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest don't appear to get the hint, raise a firewall between me and them, and rapidly advance it towards them.
Well, the large, tattoo-like brand, marking you as a condemned criminal exiled to the Legion counts. It covers the front of your right shoulder and upper breast, reaching up over the shoulder with a few tendrils. You show them that, and they laugh. You don't quite get a “wall” of  fire, but you make a pretty good pillar in front of you. It advances toward them, and the laughing stops though. Christmas Present: Your hand brushes against a pouch at your hip. Within the pouch, you know, is a single rune. In combination with other runes, it will have powerful effects. Alone, it can still be useful, though it's effect is limited. The rune was your gift from your master upon completing your apprenticeship, and is the mark of your journeymanship.

>Request confirmation:Active infighting is within expected mission parameters?

The Eye floats down to just above the reach of anyone and stares at the unknown quantities.

After the fire mage speaks:
>"Further, this unit reminds you that for your safety, this interaction is being monitored and recorded."
Two action posts? Naughty naughty. For that, your Christmas Present is two lumps of coal, stored in your internal compartment.
>infighting already? You've been on site less than ten minutes. Well, we'll collect any that get arrested from the local garrison tomorrow. The rest, we'll gather up from wherever they end up. it might be a good field test of your Brand tracking spell. Might save us some time.

Team Two

==Team 2==
Durmokh Dumrhysson

Gah, sorry. Sorry.

Stop drowning Reggie.
"..."

Help Reggie and the dwarf swim to shore.
reggie will not resist anyhelp and will cooperate to the best of his abilities
You three manage to not drown each other, and get Durmokh mounted awkwardly on the largest crate left. Thus situated, the three of you swim cumbersomely to shore.

team 2 - clunkers

Keep on underwater trucking

Your head breaks water before long, and you make a slight course adjustment toward town, arriving before the swimmers, since they all have cargo of varying types.

=="Terrence", team II==

Just keep swimming paddling
-Team 2, Ebony-

Keep on swimming. Keep the crate.

((There was a river running through the forest, so a decent amount.))
TEAM2 Ssslavina

Keep pushing little crate to little town.
You three bring your crates to shore. The team regroups around the little pile of crates and opens it's Christmas Presents: A packet with a silhouette of a snake on it reveals three bird eggs of a type Ssslavina has not seen before. They resonate very mildly with her sorcerous instinct;

A dwarven hammer marks a package within which lies all the necessities for making cheese: pots, cheesecloth, salt, a strainer, that kind of thing.

Tucked into one of the pots is a supply of bandages, ointments, powders and herbs, all carefully labeled in dwarvish. Inside the largest crate is a collection of alchemic apparati – not a particularly good set, mind you, but serviceable for basic needs and some testing.

A package with a skull and knife image reveals a smallish dagger – more a tool than a weapon, but useful in a pinch.

Carefully sealed within three long, narrow tubes are three magical scrolls. They are one use, and they are labeled as to their purpose.

Inside another package, with a symbol of a rat within a silhouette of a man, within a silhouette of a horse, lies a curious little contraption. It is made of tiny, linked blocks which can be swiveled, slid, and twisted. It retains the shape it is left in. there are a couple pictures attached – drawings of the item in various formations – a dog shape, a duck shape, a lamppost shape.

Within a large, smooth silken cloth is wrapped a single, clear circular glass disk. This package was labeled with a circle radiating eight wavy lines.

Finally, a larger tube contains a carefully rolled picture. It is a striking portrait of Aylia. Something about the way it is painted gives certain members of the team different impressions.

I assume you can figure out who each gift is intended for. Beware the Wrath of Santa!

Ayla, Team 2

Now that I've had some time to rest, I take to the air again, going to the area of the spill itself. I want to circle it once or twice (still avoiding fumes, if the wind is strong then I'm going over it instead of past it, if it's weak then I'm going well past it, and in either case I want some altitude to give me distance. If I start smelling anything wrong then I'm getting out of there.)to get a general impression of its size, effects, and layout, and see if I spot the alchemist. Afterwards, if I saw the alchemist out here, I'll land somewhere near him (in a tree probably, but if things are weird then maybe somewhere else), upwind of the spill. If I didn't, then I'd prefer to go back to town to land, but I don't want to take risks and will land nearby if it becomes an issue.

-upwind -> where the wind blows from you towards the object, not from the object to you. so if you're hunting deer it can smell you, and if you're avoiding a chemical spill you aren't breathing toxins.

Minor edit: slight adjustment of flight path to avoid poisoning myself.

You fly up and around, circling the town until you are upwind of it. You spot the spill early on – it's in a rundown section of town that looks to contain a tannery, a smithy, and other workshops. The spill is greenish and brownish for the most part, and even upwind (good choice) it's smell is strong. It  covers about quarter of an acre of real estate, centered on a silo about twenty feet high, and tilting pretty badly. The silo looks unsalvageable, and the spill looks like it wold take several weeks to clean up, if you even had a place to put the stuff. You spot a solitary figure, apparently waist deep in the sludge, wearing some large, shapeless, slightly glowing yellow garment. The figure is rooting around in the muck, and occasionally placing something in a bowl that is sitting on the top of the muck nearby. You probably don't want to get close enough in your current form to interact with the fellow, so you fly back across town toward shore, spotting the group clustered in the mud, and land near them.

Base

==| Mordred | Base - Unknown room |==

Check possessions - when captured, he had his bastard sword, a pouch of dried tobacco leaves, some pieces of paper and some silver coins. Also look around for some water. Then go barge in some of those rooms down the corridor, see what's up with those.
You have neither sword nor coins. They probably took those when they arrested you. You have your tobacco though. Christmas Present: Someone left a fresh pipe on your window ledge also. Next to it are some rolling papers. A bucket near your pallet contains some dirty, but drinkable water. Walking down the hall you find that some rooms are locked, and some are not. The ones that are not have the same amenities that the room you awoke in does.

==Arileth|Base-unkown room|==
check my stuff and see what I have with me
Sooooo what's to do around here?
You have your pants, shirt, and boots. Christmas Present: you also have several vials of salve and a pair of fingerless gloves with small metal rings in the backs. Not particularly useful for striking with, but the rings wold offer some mild protection for your hands.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 25, 2015, 09:46:40 am »

((I can't actually tell which is Reggie's from that.))
((Im guessing the moldable cube or the clear wavy thing))
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:04:01 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 25, 2015, 09:53:20 am »

==| Mordred | Base - Unknown building, hall |==

- Urrrrgh... - Mordred lets out the growling sound from the depth of his chest, that could probably be interpreted as an expression of annoyance with displacement of his stuff. Happened before, probably won't see his money and weapon again.

Refresh self with water. Drink a little, wash face and neck. Appreciate the pipe, take it and all my stuff. Look for a way out. If locked inside the building, see if escape through the window overlooking the canyon is an option. Roll a cig in the meantime, due to lack of matches or any decent source of fire light it with teeny-tiny lightning between thumb and index finger.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 03:22:09 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 25, 2015, 10:32:29 am »

um is mine the cube with the animals or the wavy mirror?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 25, 2015, 10:38:30 am »

"I'll take the scrolls."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 25, 2015, 10:40:52 am »

Reggie team 2
hmmm ill just take em both.
Reggie picks up the moldable cube with animals on it and the wavy clear mirror thing he will attempt to shape change into a dog with the help of the cube.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 11:15:54 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 25, 2015, 10:42:23 am »

((...I don't think it's ok to take your thing and someone else's.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2015, 10:43:16 am »

((...I don't think it's ok to take your thing and someone else's.))
((Eh reggie would give it to them if they asked immediately.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 25, 2015, 10:57:35 am »

==|Arileth|unknown base| room unknown|==
put on the gloves and start exploring around bit
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 25, 2015, 11:12:46 am »

Aylia, Team 2
((A bird landing near the snake-woman is a quick way to die))
I change back to my natural form
"Okay, so I scouted out the spill and that thing is huge. I think I found the alchemist too, he's in the middle of the sludge wearing a. giant... yellow... Me? Why... Who... When was this made?!? What... How... I... I... I don't get it!"
What do I notice about the portrait other than that I might have an artistic stalker?

EDIT:
After a brief conversation: I walk over and pick up the portait, examining it closely. I check the corners and flip it over looking for any artist's signatures or other explanatory markings.

EDIT2:
After the examination and a tiny bit more talking:I very carefully put the portrait back in the tube, taking care to avoid damaging it, and picking up the re-closed tube afterwards.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:01:37 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 25, 2015, 11:15:29 am »

it's a preety beautiful portrait just like you.
(Reggie smiles)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 25, 2015, 11:24:38 am »

Team One, Fiddler!

Sneak out through the cellar door after safely securing the fiddle in brand new case, put on the poncho as well.

Wait. What color is the poncho? If not blue, don't put it on, but steal it anyway.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 25, 2015, 11:26:08 am »

"Did you make this??"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 194