Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 284365 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2015, 05:46:15 am »

"I can do rowdy reliably, an' me name is "Big Bigger than Big Mad Simmie Mad Simmie", tha' oughta be plenty big an' large enough fer ye. Besides, melikes rowdy! I can deal wi' rowdy bigjobs alrigh', an' oft'n th'  nae ken wha' hit'em. I'm in on tha'one", says Simmie, already misty-eyed with the thought of an innkeepers' festival.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:55:30 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #106 on: December 20, 2015, 06:43:19 am »

"My offspring shall assist with the festival" The wasp queen chitters in very broken English

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:46:33 am by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2015, 07:32:29 am »

Alright, if there are no objections from the other players, the hive queen is approved. I'll add you to the OP.  What type of area was your wasp queen from? forest, desert, tundra, deep space? Desert is the only thing within a reasonable distance from the base. this will determine your Nature magic's orientation, though certain Wasp oriented magics will be included either way.

A certain number of offspring will be consumed per level up, and offspring are harvested between missions at a rate of 1d6+magic bonus, to your maximum of 10.

you worked pretty hard on getting this character included.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 20, 2015, 07:53:41 am »

as long as his character can be killed I have no issue with it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2015, 08:11:56 am »

No preference.

Question; are we going to be able to get any gear whatsoever before this? Several of the characters are practically worthless without a weapon.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2015, 08:17:28 am »

job 1 gives basic equipment, that probably covers low quality weapons. hooray for rusty shortswords.

you think we can trade giant hornet honey to nobles for a decent profit? because im totally raiding gamers hive at the first opportunity.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2015, 08:23:41 am »

Grrr... *Cough, splutter* sorry had something in my throat.

Not going to happen. Fun fact: wasps actually have a method of sharing energy between each other so they don't die from over-exertion. This enables 30 wasps to raid a beehive 30 000 bees strong for honey and win with no casualties ((Although I'd say whatever company 'owns' us would harvest the honey semi-regularly for the profits, as the Queen is little more than a slave))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:12 am »

Ack, clean up? I'm sick of clean up. No. I'm off to...

Durmokh looks around at those who volunteered before him.

You've got to be kidding. Fine.

Looks like I'm on clean up.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2015, 08:33:37 am »

No preference.

Question; are we going to be able to get any gear whatsoever before this? Several of the characters are practically worthless without a weapon.

"Not sure if a rusty short sword will help against a pile of sludge, but you'll be equipped well enough to do the job we assign you to. Probably. If you prove your value to the Legion, we might even give you a personal locker you can keep your own equipment in. I'll take requests for specific utilities once the jobs have been assigned."

((still trying to decide if I want to introduce an armory system like ER, along with credits or tokens or whatever, or just let equipment progress more naturally. I figured I'd postpone the decision 'til after the first couple of missions.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2015, 08:47:39 am »

Grrr... *Cough, splutter* sorry had something in my throat.

Not going to happen. Fun fact: wasps actually have a method of sharing energy between each other so they don't die from over-exertion. This enables 30 wasps to raid a beehive 30 000 bees strong for honey and win with no casualties ((Although I'd say whatever company 'owns' us would harvest the honey semi-regularly for the profits, as the Queen is little more than a slave))
apples and coconuts, gamer me lad.

I have +2 constitution, a sturdy ass exoskeleton, and ive taken attack deflection as a specialty.

you can kill an apple, but my guy is a coconut.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2015, 08:49:02 am »

((Natural equipment progression is fine as long as we can more or less reliably have chances to get useful and usable loot. Well, at least my character will try to avail himself to the purse of anyone he bounces anyway...

Otherwise, start with an armory on the thread OP or a temporary page on the ER wiki.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 09:04:44 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2015, 09:08:22 am »

>This device is security.
>This device has aerial surveillance capabilities.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 12:55:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2015, 09:09:30 am »

((Natural equipment progression is fine as long as we can more or less reliably have chances to get useful and usable loot. Well, at least my character will try to avail himself to the purse of anyone he bounces anyway...

Otherwise, start with an armory on the thread OP or a temporary page on the ER wiki.))

((I agree with this.))
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2015, 09:38:23 am »

Clunkers raises his hand, sound coming from his unmoving face.

"This one will go on the alchemists cleanup. This one would like to meet another colleague of the trade, or at the very least laugh at an incompetent amateur."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2015, 12:38:39 pm »

Clunkers raises his hand, sound coming from his unmoving face.

"This one will go on the alchemists cleanup. This one would like to meet another colleague of the trade, or at the very least laugh at an incompetent amateur."
(reggy smiles)I agree we should go to the alchemist maybe I'll be able to learn exactly how I was made!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 194