Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285042 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1965 on: February 22, 2017, 02:27:16 pm »

Get up and look around for who is here, see if I can identify anyone who may know somethings about magic or pacts.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 22, 2017, 03:35:13 pm »

(Lol, I thought you wanted me to wait out my punishment.)

"Fine."
I puff myself with air and fire it at high pressure against the door. I'm trying to blow it off. If that doesn't work I'll look around and look for another path.
((Playing this game is punishment enough :P nah, but seriously, I just try to provide something of interest for people to do. How you respond is up to you))

The door is fairly solid, and you end up blowing yourself across the dark room. You feel about for another exit. You find that the ceiling is made partly out of natural stone, and partly out of wood. Feels like there might be a loose board over there.

"...
Ahem."

Stare at the blob thing until it says something actually informative.
Another game of Pylon/blob/alien spider begins! You stare at the blob. It oozes and undulates. Some kind of cyst pushes slowly through its surface, to roll down its ... forehead? A pseudopod extrudes to catch the cyst. At first, you think the blob is going to eat the cyst, but it rolls it about with the pseudopod until it drops the cyst, which bounces with a soft 'tink' on the floor.

Get up and look around for who is here, see if I can identify anyone who may know somethings about magic or pacts.
Let's see who you find. there are several beings of various descriptions in the cafeteria. Most seem basically mammalian, but of course there is an ecclectic mix of sauroids, avians, a troll, an ent, some ... things. Maybe one of the three persons over at that table - the ones wearing the dark hoods, know something about magic and pacts. Hell, for all you know, the wall itself knows something about magic and pacts.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 22, 2017, 03:58:41 pm »

Approach the hooded men
Roland gets up slowly walking torwards the odd men as his wolf eyes scan over him as he'd take a deep breath and try to give a half assed smile/i]
"''Scuce me, mind if I sit here? Perhaps talk to you guys and learn what I can of this place?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 22, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »

I pull the board loose and look it there's something there.

(I don't actually have any gasses that affect inorganic (the door is metal, right) material so I can't destroy the door (wel only with the brute force of the air but that didn't work, or maybe I could force the lock).

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 02:50:55 am by Loki987 »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: February 22, 2017, 04:25:13 pm »

"get on with it, bastard."

Poke. With a spider limb.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: February 24, 2017, 11:25:22 pm »

Approach the hooded men
Roland gets up slowly walking torwards the odd men as his wolf eyes scan over him as he'd take a deep breath and try to give a half assed smile/i]
"''Scuce me, mind if I sit here? Perhaps talk to you guys and learn what I can of this place?"
the three of them look at you, and scowl. They are really ugly. Scarred, misshapen, off-center faces ooze pus from various open sores and boils.
Yer funeral, mate. What you wan' know?"

I pull the board loose and look it there's something there.

(I don't actually have any gasses that affect inorganic (the door is metal, right) material so I can't destroy the door (wel only with the brute force of the air but that didn't work, or maybe I could force the lock).
((I almost forgot that your gases were all flesh oriented.)) The door was stone. You pry the board loose, and half hte ceiling comes down with it, exposing a thick, greenish carpet of thin, woody tendrils dangling from above. A few of the m brush against your face and neck, and send burning sensations coursing through your flesh.

"get on with it, bastard."

Poke. With a spider limb.
Veeeeeeeerrrrrrry wwwwweeeeeelllll thhhhhhhennnnn.?
With that, the blob reaches out, rather slowly, and lifts you up into the air, then turns and heads through the door behind. It carries you down a tunnel, up a flight of stairs, and into the dry desert above. the wind is harsh, blowing sand into your face and drying your skin. Without a word, the blob hurls you straight up into the air.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: February 24, 2017, 11:57:24 pm »

Say this:
"Was hoping you guys would be the type to know of pacts and magic but now I am starting to wonder fi you are something else entirely...any ideal who may know more on magic?"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: February 25, 2017, 02:30:07 am »

Transform. Land with a plunging attack on the blob.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: February 25, 2017, 03:10:48 am »

Since those green things are plants and the demon dust works on organic material, I don't stand underneath it (so it won't fall on my face) and blow a puff of demon dust in the direction of the green tendrils. When they're destroyed I look if there's something there. If not I go to the lock of the door and inspect it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:40:10 am by Loki987 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: February 27, 2017, 12:24:35 pm »

Say this:
"Was hoping you guys would be the type to know of pacts and magic but now I am starting to wonder fi you are something else entirely...any ideal who may know more on magic?"
"You're looking for 'magic'? The hell does that even mean? Magic is everywhere, boy. Bug off."

Transform. Land with a plunging attack on the blob.
hmm. I'm going to need to put your stats in my spreadsheet. You transpform, and extend your legs to form a clawed point . You land point first on the blob, and your claws pierce it's rubbery skin.  Gore squirts out, and you claw yourself free and leap off, to stand a dozen feet away, claws held high, as the blob oozes. Your feet and lower legs are coated in it's goop. It slowly moves toward you, as if unhurried.

Edit: oops.
Since those green things are plants and the demon dust works on organic material, I don't stand underneath it (so it won't fall on my face) and blow a puff of demon dust in the direction of the green tendrils. When they're destroyed I look if there's something there. If not I go to the lock of the door and inspect it.
You just going to switch from floating to demon dust? Rememebr, you're like, 20 feet up above the water right now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:26:11 pm by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: February 27, 2017, 02:34:05 pm »

BTW, here's what I was thinking of in particular when I came up with Evelyn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spiders don't actually look like that close up. But then, Evelyn is an alien not-really-a-spider who got crushed involuntarily into another organism, so the deformity makes sense. Note that neither half of Caroline-Evelyn is very healthy.

Clean off my feet in the sand. Kite the blob for now, see what it does.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: February 27, 2017, 02:37:44 pm »

More talking:
Rolland sighs before speaking once mre
"Lessons, teachings on magic."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: February 27, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

Can't I fill my body with one gas and create a small amount of other gas in my lungs? Wel if I can't I just land and do the same thing.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 02, 2017, 01:52:49 am »

((Hmmm… Oz, I think I’m going to shelve my marginally more serious character concept I’ve been planning to use in favor of a hummingbird demon, because why not.))

Name of Character: Pas’qet
Race: Thrumling

Stats:
Strength: 0
Constitution: 0
Speed: +2
Dexterity: +1
Intelligence: -1
Memory: -1
Will: -1
Charisma: -1

Skills:
Unarmed combat: +2
Blunt weapons: 0
Sharp weapons: 0
Ranged weapons: 0
Magic: 0
Medicine: -1
General knowledge: -1
Skill Mastery/specialization: 0
  • Poky Bits- Growing up on the streets of whatever hell he’s from, Pas’qet learned to use his natural weapons to great effect.
  • Phase Shift- Pas’qet can consciously alter the speed at which the exotic matter composing his body vibrates, allow him to slow or speed himself up relative to his surroundings.The faster he quivers, the more energy he expends (and the sooner he must return to his regular frequency), and vice versa.
  • Void Beak- Pas'qet can suck up things that physics say Pas’qet has no business sucking up with that proboscis mouth thing of his. Small animals, large animals, unreasonable quantities of liquids, whatever. Watch your organs, he’s known to nip those too.

Description: A highly energetic minor demon with a humanoid body, the head of a hummingbird, and the spines of a porcupine. Obviously those are scaled up, he doesn’t have a tiny head or toothpicks on his back. He can talk, but… Well, he’s about as articulate as you would expect a creature with no lips and a brain the size of a walnut to be.

How did you become part of the Omega Legion?
Found wandering by the side of the road by a passing patrol, wearing oversized wizard robes and what appeared to be a pelt of some sort wrapped around his head. After a heated exchange, during which the officers requested to see Pas’qet’s papers four or five times, and Pas’qet insisted loudly and repeatedly that he was a “real humanly man” while waving his arms and his proboscis at them angrily, he was arrested and shortly thereafter sentenced to service in the Legion.

Background:
Spoiler: long (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 01:59:42 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 02, 2017, 02:54:36 pm »

BTW, here's what I was thinking of in particular when I came up with Evelyn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spiders don't actually look like that close up. But then, Evelyn is an alien not-really-a-spider who got crushed involuntarily into another organism, so the deformity makes sense. Note that neither half of Caroline-Evelyn is very healthy.

Clean off my feet in the sand. Kite the blob for now, see what it does.
You kite the blob. It seals off it's wound, seemingly unfazed by the ooze on it's skin. It stops moving after a few minutes and extends a pseudopod in your direction.
A sssooooollliiiiiiddddd aaaaattttttack aaannnnnnnd deeeeeefffffffffeeeeeeeennnnnnnnssssseeeeeee. Shhhhhhhhhaaaaaaalllllllll wwwwweeeeeeee cooooooonnnnnnntiiiiiinnnnnnueeeee? Ooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrr sssshhhhhhhhaaaaaaaalllllllll IIIIIIi Paaaaaaaaasssssss yyyyyyyyyyooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuu ooooonnnnnnnn toooooooo thhhhhhe nnnnnnext iiinnnnnnnttteerrrrrrviiiiiieeeeeewwwwwwww?

More talking:
Rolland sighs before speaking once mre
"Lessons, teachings on magic."
The three of them stare blankly at you, and then one speaks, slowly, clearly, and using simple words, as if he thinks you are clearly of Troll descent. "You want to see a sage. they work on the other side of the canyon. go through that doorway" *gestures* "and turn that direction" *points* "then walk until you see some holes in the cavern wall, big enough for a very big fellow like that one" *points to a very big fellow in the corner* "to get through. Go in. Ask for a sage. Tell him you want to talk about  'magic.' You got all that, little buddy?" No respect, I tell ya. No respect.

Can't I fill my body with one gas and create a small amount of other gas in my lungs? Wel if I can't I just land and do the same thing.
That's what these tests are here for. to explore your abilities! Also, you blew smoke while being inflated earlier, so we'll assume you can, to a point. You blow demon dust on the tendrils, and they curl up and begin to writhe, forming a low tunnel throgh which you might be able to crawl. The writhing of the tendrils is a bot violent though, so you'll have to be pretty careful.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 194