Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 194

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Omega Base  (Read 285104 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion
« Reply #1936 on: February 13, 2017, 10:56:46 pm »

((Thank ye, shiv. I must admit to thinking that it's pretty great writing myself.))

>Caroline-Evelyn: Exist!

Ozarck: In the interest of clarity, ask me any questions you can think of as to how this character will work. Best to communicate this sort of thing now.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:59:57 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 13, 2017, 11:34:11 pm »

Guys, I up[dated the rule in the character sheet thread about one post per character. It now reads:
No more than one post per character. You can have multiple characters in one post."

I realized that adding a new post for every character was unnecessary. It's not a problem if you do thugh.

Try to get up and look about where I am
Rolland Grumbles a bit before speaking out with annoyance
"So, I take it I am free to go?"
You sit up, after some groaning and moaning, and hte near complete failure of your arms to work, and ask this question to the desert. Looking around, no one is here to answer you.

((Thank ye, shiv. I must admit to thinking that it's pretty great writing myself.))

>Caroline-Evelyn: Exist!

Ozarck: In the interest of clarity, ask me any questions you can think of as to how this character will work. Best to communicate this sort of thing now.
I was tempted to make you write up separate stats for each half of the character, but decided to leave it more unified. What part of the character's function do you think is unclear?

Perhaps, you should describe the transformation process, and the differences, if any, in thinking and action between the two halves of the personality. I see that combat, for instance, will be somewhat different for each half.

Oh, have you anything in particular in mind regarding that survey skill?

Anyway, Evelyn sits in an inner room in Officer Country, kicking up her heels and waiting for some paperwork to be filed, stamped, signed, and imprinted. A pbored looking plant shares the space. A slight movement outswixde the room lets her know she is not alone. Probably a guard.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 13, 2017, 11:40:42 pm »

Wander about, try to see who and what is around.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 14, 2017, 01:29:44 am »

I was tempted to make you write up separate stats for each half of the character, but decided to leave it more unified. What part of the character's function do you think is unclear?
That's the question I'm asking you. :P If I thought it was unclear, I would have addressed it in the sheet itself, but I obviously see it differently because I wrote it. If you like I can just write up a big list of every spider-symbiosis fact I can think of, though.

Perhaps, you should describe the transformation process, and the differences, if any, in thinking and action between the two halves of the personality. I see that combat, for instance, will be somewhat different for each half.
Transformation consists of Evelyn climbing out of the wound in Caroline's back, feet coming first to pull herself out the rest of the way. Then Caroline gets deflated and turned inside-out, and stuffed into the wound in Evelyn's cephalothorax. Essentially the same the other way. They can partially transform, by just poking out limbs; Caroline can fight using a big spider limb coming out of her back, and Evelyn and manipulate things with humans hands that emerge from her cephalothorax.
As for differences in thinking, Caroline thinks about how you'd expect from a human, and Evelyn thinks in a way alien enough that "like a human" is sufficient explanation of how Caroline thinks. :P

Oh, have you anything in particular in mind regarding that survey skill?
Spotting magical things, marking areas that can be built on, noting natural resources that can be looted, etc. Think of it as a generic "Investigate" skill in DnD terms.

Anyway, Evelyn sits in an inner room in Officer Country, kicking up her heels and waiting for some paperwork to be filed, stamped, signed, and imprinted. A pbored looking plant shares the space. A slight movement outswixde the room lets her know she is not alone. Probably a guard.
Confirm: am I a spider right now? Because Eve is a spider.
Anyway, wait around for awhile. Doing anything else right now will only prove unhelpful.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:48 pm »

Wander about, try to see who and what is around.

You stagger around in the dry heat for a little bit before stopping to gasp and try to wet your lips. your tongue and mouth are way to dry and feel like cotton and sandpapaer.

Confirm: am I a spider right now? Because Eve is a spider.
Anyway, wait around for awhile. Doing anything else right now will only prove unhelpful.

Beats me. I guess you are in spider form. The plant remains unperturbed. eventually, something rather large kinda rolls, kinda oozes through teh doorway into the room. It is almost amorphous, and when it settles, it forms a rounded cone shape a good seven feet tall and probably as wide in front of the doorway.

It opens an orifice by creatign a dent in it's surface which recesses inward until it has formed a cavity, and thn ist starts moving the edges of the orifice and vibrating. It says:
HaughBabbabbabbaGhuaghuagh Ahhhhh Grrrrbbbabba.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 14, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »

What's happening you, peasant? Help!!!
I puff up with Griffins Wings (heliumlike) to try to go where I felt from.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 14, 2017, 05:58:29 pm »

Search for water or something to drink
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 14, 2017, 06:07:56 pm »

Evelyn waves a pedipalp quizzically at the amorphous being.

"KKKKKCCCCCTSSSSKKKCT? HHHHhhhh..."
Above represents a long burst of scraping sounds, followed by an exaggerated sigh. This can be translated roughly to "What? I can't understand you."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 15, 2017, 05:04:42 pm »

((...Just wanna point out, I think it would be pretty cool if both personalities have different stat distibutions, given their wildly different minds and bodies.  It would be kinda abusable, but that's not a terribly large concern considering how long Egan's average character lasts. :P ))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 15, 2017, 05:51:11 pm »

What's happening you, peasant? Help!!!
I puff up with Griffins Wings (heliumlike) to try to go where I felt from.
You float up out of the water and bump against the ceiling.

Search for water or something to drink
You find more desert. to the left is what appears to be a canyon of some kind.

Evelyn waves a pedipalp quizzically at the amorphous being.

"KKKKKCCCCCTSSSSKKKCT? HHHHhhhh..."
Above represents a long burst of scraping sounds, followed by an exaggerated sigh. This can be translated roughly to "What? I can't understand you."
Whhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 15, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »

Walk torward the canyon, see if I can contact the pact master or feel their presence./b]
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 15, 2017, 11:54:28 pm »

"HISSSS."
A pale arm emerges from Evelyn's wound, and starts to wave urgently.

Turn inside-out.

((...Just wanna point out, I think it would be pretty cool if both personalities have different stat distibutions, given their wildly different minds and bodies.  It would be kinda abusable, but that's not a terribly large concern considering how long Egan's average character lasts. :P ))
The more I think about it, the more OP it seems. So I obviously have to try it. :D

Spoiler: Caroline. And Evelyn. (click to show/hide)

With the possible exception of Caroline's new physical stats, this is a massive upgrade from the unified stats. Having separate statlines lets them cover each other's weaknesses more, and makes this essentially like having the power of two players. I'd only find this justifiable if someone else was controlling the other half, either by making Evelyn an NPC, or by getting another player to play her.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 16, 2017, 12:05:26 am »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 16, 2017, 06:45:28 am »

So Egan, you made this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 194